Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

what has been your favorite grigs move

CR91

Drafting Luck wasn't really his move. Any GM would of done that. So besides that, here are my top 5. 

1) Moving up to draft TY 

2) Re-signing Reggie

3) Vontae Davis trade

4) Jerrell Freeman pickup 

5) Trent trade and Landry signing- not because of their production so far but because it established the mentality of a smash mouth football team. I love that

This is correct!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is hard...going to allen after fleener was bold. Davis trade was bold, Ty hilton trade was genius. Freeman discovery was also amazing.

man he is good

Lets face it...In a little over 1 1/2 years Grigs has made a gazillion great moves in the draft and in free agency without cap $$ and with cap $$

Kudo's to Jim for finding Grigs!

Im not sure about that. There were a lot of teams that liked rg3 just as much as luck

Interesting. This is a good question: hypothetically, you think the Redskins would of picked rg3 if they had the 1st overall? i gotta say yes cause rg3 is a shanahan type player. 

i wld say the redskins are one of the few who wld take rg3. 

nonetheless, Andrew was the right choice 

Interesting. This is a good question: hypothetically, you think the Redskins would of picked rg3 if they had the 1st overall? i gotta say yes cause rg3 is a shanahan type player. 

Luck is the perfect fit for Shanahan's offense. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

I think Shanny would have taken Luck without thinking twice...how is RG3 more a Shanahan type qb when everyone and their grandmother compared Andrew to John Elway?

All mentions were good, but a 2 for Vontae was genius. I thought "why bother - we'll stink anyway" which is probably what Miami was thinking. 11-5 later, it was a late 2nd Round pick, and we'd very well could have lost many of those close games without him. And he seems to be playing 1/2 decent this season too!

A few maybe, but that's about it.

Yeah, that's like saying a ton of teams liked Ricky Williams over Edge, or Leaf over Manning. RG3 has not impressed me at all. All I see is the media hype machine in full effect. Last year anyways. He's not going to last long. Got hurt on a tackle qb's take all the time. Glad Luck is so big and strong. Helps take some of those blows.

I really like the draft class of 2012, and the free agent class of 2013.

Luck, Fleener, Allen, Hilton in the draft. I would say Freeman but we didn't technically draft him, we picked him up in FA.

Cherlius, Walden, Toler, Landry. I believe Thomas & Bradshaw would be having great seasons if they weren't cut short due to injuries.

For me:

1.) Vontae "Tom Brady" Davis.  Whatever or whomever got the fire lit under Vontae's hiney, kudos to you.  Kudos to Grigson for making this move.

2.) Signing of Jerrell Freeman.  

3.) Trading up for T.Y.

4.) Drafting Dwayne Allen.  (I miss him.)

5.) Trading for Stanley Havili.  Spider 2 Y Banana!

What has happened with this team since 2011 has been nothing short of remarkable.  Last year may have been smoke and mirrors, but they charlatan'd (yes, I just made that a verb) their way to an 11-5 record and playoff berth.  All with a rookie QB, a gutted team, and a fill-in coach who did a heckuva job.  This year, we seem to be ahead of schedule, and I, for one, am enjoying the ride.

Go Colts!

Changing the philosophy on defense had me the most excited.  Going to the 3-4 with the mindset that the D will dictate to the opposing team's offense had my neck hair on end!  This is the kind of team I have been longing for since '84!  And we have a second year QB named Andrew Luck!  Are you kidding me?!?  Good times to be a Colts fan!

Drafting Luck wasn't really his move. Any GM would of done that. So besides that, here are my top 5. 

1) Moving up to draft TY 

2) Re-signing Reggie

3) Vontae Davis trade

4) Jerrell Freeman pickup 

5) Trent trade and Landry signing- not because of their production so far but because it established the mentality of a smash mouth football team. I love that

2, 4, 3, re-signing Mathis, 1, Cherilus,  5

Vontae Davis, Jerrell Freeman, Wayne, Landry, and I want to say Trent, but the jury is still out on that one (I give him a year from the date of acquisition)

The point should be made that Vontae was getting smoked early last season.  Now he looks like a star.  The same may be true for Richardson.

This is a most impossible question to answer…..no matter how I answer it I would argue with my own answer…but…but…what about….

Still my answer would be Darius Butler who as the 3rd DB has allowed us to play so much press man and when they go to his guy he makes the plays AND if he wasn't acquired who would fill his shoes Gordy (?OMG no), Vaughn (No please) do you see my point?

The point should be made that Vontae was getting smoked early last season.  Now he looks like a star.  The same may be true for Richardson.

Oh I certainly believe that he can.  I've made all the arguments I can for the guy and I've already been disrespectful about it to a few people on here, so I just say I'll adopt the "wait and see" approach to save the argument, lol.  I think he can absolutely be a Marshawn Lynch type of RB.  The similarities are already there, he's just got some developing to do and getting comfortable with our offense - which obviously takes time.

For me:

1.) Vontae "Tom Brady" Davis.  Whatever or whomever got the fire lit under Vontae's hiney, kudos to you.  Kudos to Grigson for making this move.

2.) Signing of Jerrell Freeman.  

3.) Trading up for T.Y.

4.) Drafting Dwayne Allen.  (I miss him.)

5.) Trading for Stanley Havili.  Spider 2 Y Banana!

What has happened with this team since 2011 has been nothing short of remarkable.  Last year may have been smoke and mirrors, but they charlatan'd (yes, I just made that a verb) their way to an 11-5 record and playoff berth.  All with a rookie QB, a gutted team, and a fill-in coach who did a heckuva job.  This year, we seem to be ahead of schedule, and I, for one, am enjoying the ride.

Go Colts!

No resigning reggie?