Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tip of the hat to the unheralded

ponyboy

Everyone played great but Anthony Castonzo was the player of the game imo. He shut down Aldon Smith with no help and open up big running lanes for the RB's. He played like an all pro left tackle out there today.

Yeah Cherilus stopped Wake last week and AC shut down smith this game.  This team is getting better week in and week out. 

How bout Patty Mac? Guy was boomin it EVERY TIME.

Yep and how about the special teams coverage units today!  They were a weapon!

All and all I left today not impressed with the 49ers coaches at all and I really want to like Jim Harbaugh (still my all-time favorite Colt although Luck is making a strong case).  They had one good drive where they were ramming the ball right down our throats and we couldn't stop it.  Then the rest of the game they went away from it and started to try to force the pass when it was clear it wasn't working and never really went back to just pounding us on the ground.  Then on Special Teams guy they kept trying to bring it out and I don't think they got to the 15 let alone the 20 all day doing that on kickoffs.  Sooner or later you have to tell your return guy take a knee.  On defense they were just completely undisciplined with all the flags on their DBs.  You have to see that and tell your guys you have to back off a little they are calling it tonight. 

Maybe McGlynn should unseat Satele. In my opinion he played the best today I have seen him play.

It is only one game and I do not see what the coaches see, but I tend to agree.  The interior of the O-line looked better with McGlynn at center.

Dominique Jones's blocking was unreal!..he deserves a TON of Kudos as well

Maybe what we have been blaming McGlynn for has really been an issue with Satele.

He's still not very good at guard, (but has been better than last season) seems like a big upgrade at center compared to Satele

as He did last year

I thought he played his best game last season at center and was even better today.