Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson Colts will not make playoffs

snotknockind

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why people think Tannehill is going to get the job done. I'm not saying he's bad, I'm saying there's too many guys on the other side of the ball playing QB that's much better than him.

On topic. These guys are paid to give opinions that aren't going to please everyone. I think we all know how hard it is for NFL teams to make it to the postseason, so..they have a 50/50 of being right, I don't think they are, but whatever.

I love the Tannehill support these writers give. It's hilarious to me seeing as how Tannehill now has one of the "hardest schedules" this year according to that schedule ranking

Tannehill isn't good imo. Former WR turned QB. But Miami's OC said he WILL be the most improved QB of last year's rookie class this year. So the more the keep putting him on this high horse, the longer and harder his fall will be

:D

I like Schlereth, but I have never bought the "they snuck up on teams last year" argument. Teams only play 16 games, once a week...not sure how any team sneeks up on you.

I like him too, and admit that I didn't see his comment. So, this may be out of line. But I'm constantly surprised how these guys who do this for a living have such little knowledge on so many subjects.

BTW, Bruschi picked us to win our division, for what it's worth.

I like him too, and admit that I didn't see his comment. So, this may be out of line. But I'm constantly surprised how these guys who do this for a living have such little knowledge on so many subjects.

BTW, Bruschi picked us to win our division, for what it's worth.

Bruschi is my favorite NFL analyst from any of the sports networks, he knows what he is talking about (and its not just because he picked the Colts to win the division  lmao)

Link? Not sure who stink is, but if this is available on the web, I'd like to read it... ( nvm..just realized where it came from)

Dolphins will be fighting the Bengals for that last wildcard spot, IMO... Colts win the division and Houston takes the other wild card... Indy beats Miami in round 1, NE in round 2, Denver in the AFCC game and beats Seattle in the SB in an instant classic...

Those are my (waaaay to early and specific) picks for the postseason....

Colt's fans better get used to this......

We are going to be Rodney Dangerfield all year long.....    we will get no respect.    None.

Most forecasts will not have Indianapolis in the playoffs.    Most seem to think we will take a step back this year.   The question for them is,  will be a big step, or a small step.    But most will think we'll miss the playoffs.

The list of forecasters who put us IN the playoffs will be shorter than the list who keep us out....

To be clear,  I'm not saying they're right....   I see 10 wins and a spot in the playoffs.

This thread is whack because it starts with Grigson in the header and then follows with 'stink' and most don't know who that is, and then repeat Colts twice, when he meant Ravens on the 2nd time.....   

It's gonna be a long off-season...  hopefully the team takes all the negativity and uses it as a Big chip on their shoulders!      :thmup:

Bruschi is my favorite NFL analyst from any of the sports networks, he knows what he is talking about (and its not just because he picked the Colts to win the division  lmao)

He actually does some research, instead of working on his shtick. Evans and Sharper were embarrassingly bad when they talked about the Colts.

I like Schlereth, but I have never bought the "they snuck up on teams last year" argument. Teams only play 16 games, once a week...not sure how any team sneeks up on you.

Agree. And even if that stuff happens, our comeback v the Packers would have set alarm bells ringing throughout the land.

Not everyone who says the Colts are anything less that future Super Bowl Champions is an automatic fool. 

There is an argument to be made for the Colts taking a step back this year even if we don't like it or don't see things that way.  We are still are very young team and it's pretty common for a young team that comes out of no where one year to take a step back the next year.  The Colts even did this before in 1999 they went 13-3 following a 3-13 season the next year they slide back to 10-6.  On top of that the thing that really drove the Colts last year was the drive to play a 17th game for Pagano that motivation is now gone.  That's not to say the Colts can't find that motivation again but they will need something else to motivate them.  They are also a young team and sometimes young players don't do as well there second go around in the NFL again.  While I don't think ALL our rookies are going to Sophomore slumps I don't think ALL our rookies from last year are going to avoid it too.  It would also be asking a lot for this year's rookie class to be as good as last years.  That's not a slam on this years class as more of high praise for last years class which was the best rookie class from top to bottom the Colts have had in year one in a long long long time. 

On top of that the Colts have lost Arians and people can say what they will about his coaching style but there is no question he had the team's ear last year.  Losing his leadership will hurt.  Add to that he was one of the few extremely experienced coaches we had on the staff last year and we replaced him with a guy who is a first time NFL offensive coordinator.  So there is a lack of experience with our coaching staff and frankly Pagano is a bit of an unknown still. 

Also, fair or not the Colts had just about every break on the field they could go their way last year.  They were 9-1 in one score games last year.  That's unreal. While it's a heck of something to build on we are talking about one play in most of those games going another way and the Colts don't win that game. 

So you add all that together and there is an argument to be made for the Colts to take a step backward.  Clearly I don't happen to agree with it and I don't want it to happen however I can see the argument for it and just because someone thinks that I am not just going to say he doesn't know what he's talking about because he's not talking about great things for the Colts.

Personally, I see a young team that gained a lot of knowledge and learned how to win in crunch time last year.  That can only make the Colts better.  I do think the talent has improved over last year so I do think good things are going to happen for the Colts.  However, if they slide back I am not going to be shocked with that either and frankly I am probably not going to lose my mind over it either if it happens.  This is still a young team and sometimes there are growing pains with young teams. 

Not everyone who says the Colts are anything less that future Super Bowl Champions is an automatic fool. 

There is an argument to be made for the Colts taking a step back this year even if we don't like it or don't see things that way.  We are still are very young team and it's pretty common for a young team that comes out of no where one year to take a step back the next year.  The Colts even did this before in 1999 they went 13-3 following a 3-13 season the next year they slide back to 10-6.  On top of that the thing that really drove the Colts last year was the drive to play a 17th game for Pagano that motivation is now gone.  That's not to say the Colts can't find that motivation again but they will need something else to motivate them.  They are also a young team and sometimes young players don't do as well there second go around in the NFL again.  While I don't think ALL our rookies are going to Sophomore slumps I don't think ALL our rookies from last year are going to avoid it too.  It would also be asking a lot for this year's rookie class to be as good as last years.  That's not a slam on this years class as more of high praise for last years class which was the best rookie class from top to bottom the Colts have had in year one in a long long long time. 

On top of that the Colts have lost Arians and people can say what they will about his coaching style but there is no question he had the team's ear last year.  Losing his leadership will hurt.  Add to that he was one of the few extremely experienced coaches we had on the staff last year and we replaced him with a guy who is a first time NFL offensive coordinator.  So there is a lack of experience with our coaching staff and frankly Pagano is a bit of an unknown still. 

Also, fair or not the Colts had just about every break on the field they could go their way last year.  They were 9-1 in one score games last year.  That's unreal. While it's a heck of something to build on we are talking about one play in most of those games going another way and the Colts don't win that game. 

So you add all that together and there is an argument to be made for the Colts to take a step backward.  Clearly I don't happen to agree with it and I don't want it to happen however I can see the argument for it and just because someone thinks that I am not just going to say he doesn't know what he's talking about because he's not talking about great things for the Colts.

Personally, I see a young team that gained a lot of knowledge and learned how to win in crunch time last year.  That can only make the Colts better.  I do think the talent has improved over last year so I do think good things are going to happen for the Colts.  However, if they slide back I am not going to be shocked with that either and frankly I am probably not going to lose my mind over it either if it happens.  This is still a young team and sometimes there are growing pains with young teams. 

I actually think you are over engineering all this. Manning had a similar comeback type year in 09 or 10. It's just men playing a game. If they win the same / more, or lose more, it's just because on the day they played better or worse than the oppo.. Because we won a few squeakers, doesn't mean anything at all. Irrelevant actually. Your last paragraph however, is very nicely placed. Props for that.

I actually think you are over engineering all this. Manning had a similar comeback type year in 09 or 10. It's just men playing a game. If they win the same / more, or lose more, it's just because on the day they played better or worse than the oppo.. Because we won a few squeakers, doesn't mean anything at all. Irrelevant actually. Your last paragraph however, is very nicely placed. Props for that.

I didn't say it meant a great deal, I just pointed out all it took was a play or two to go another way for the Colts to have a reverse result in those games.  The Jags loss and Lions win are probably the best two examples of this, if we cover shorts we are 10-0 in one score games if the Lions stop us on the last play of the game it's 8-2.  That's the point I am trying to get at, frankly other than the Jags game last year we caught nearly every break we could in a close game and made the big plays in just about all those games, odds are that wont happen again.  It is what it is.  Like I also said it says a lot that a team that young was that good in crunch time as well and that can only make the colts team better.  However, when a team wins 11 games and 9 of them come in one score games in which all it takes is one play to go another way to change the result of those games it's not unrealistic to say hey yeah I could see the Colts taking a step back this year based on that a lone.  When you add all the factors I brought up in the post above it goes to my much large point which is to say just because someone says hey I can take the Colts taking a slide back this year doesn't make the person a fool based on that alone which is how anyone who says the Colts the are less the future Super Bowl Champions are often treated on this forum.  Look at Kravitz he's either viewed as a good writer or a hack based on if Colts' column is good or critical that week. 

Colt's fans better get used to this......

We are going to be Rodney Dangerfield all year long..... we will get no respect. None.

Most forecasts will not have Indianapolis in the playoffs. Most seem to think we will take a step back this year. The question for them is, will be a big step, or a small step. But most will think we'll miss the playoffs.

The list of forecasters who put us IN the playoffs will be shorter than the list who keep us out....

To be clear, I'm not saying they're right.... I see 10 wins and a spot in the playoffs.

This thread is whack because it starts with Grigson in the header and then follows with 'stink' and most don't know who that is, and then repeat Colts twice, when he meant Ravens on the 2nd time.....

It's gonna be a long off-season... hopefully the team takes all the negativity and uses it as a Big chip on their shoulders! :thmup:

No respect! Till we bust out the triple lindy on their heads!

If we play the same we did last year, he's right- we won't. We can't plan on getting 90% of the breaks to go our way again. Teams can't overcome horrible red zone efficiency numbers, historically bad turnover ratios, shoddy run defense, even worse run blocking, and pass blocking that gave swiss cheese a run for it's money every year and expect to keep making the postseason.

Thing is, we were also a young team with a new front office and new coaching staff. We upgraded the roster in a serious way and you can't coach the experience we got finding ways to win games that the stats say we had no business winning. We may not win 11 games this year and we might even miss the playoffs, but this franchise is going in the right direction. 

If we don't make it, that doesn't mean doom and gloom should set in. I can't even get upset if someone says we take a step back because I get the argument. Personally, I still think we've got at least 10 wins in us this year and we'll get in. I'd just like to make a little more noise once we get back in the postseason. 

I expect Andrew Luck, Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen, Vick Ballard, and T.Y. Hilton to all improve in various parts of their game, plus our defense got better with the additions of Aubrayo Franklin, Ricky Jean-Francois, Greg Toler, Kelvin Sheppard, LaRon Landry, and Josh Chapman, also our offense should improve with the additions if Ahmad Bradshaw, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Gosder Cherilus, and Donald Thomas, and all of these improvements are coming off an 11-5 and a 5th seed in the playoffs outing last season, yet the media thinks we will miss the playoffs..... Go figure

I expect Andrew Luck, Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen, Vick Ballard, and T.Y. Hilton to all improve in various parts of their game, plus our defense got better with the additions of Aubrayo Franklin, Ricky Jean-Francois, Greg Toler, Kelvin Sheppard, LaRon Landry, and Josh Chapman, also our offense should improve with the additions if Ahmad Bradshaw, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Gosder Cherilus, and Donald Thomas, and all of these improvements are coming off an 11-5 and a 5th seed in the playoffs outing last season, yet the media thinks we will miss the playoffs..... Go figure

What they are trying to tell you is that 11-5 was smoke and mirrors. They could have been 5-11 just as easily. I think most people will agree with you that the Colts will be better. That doesn't mean that they will be 11-5 or better but it means they won't be much below 8-8. They may be a game or two better than that or, if they battle injuries or don't get the breaks they got last year, they could be two games worse than that.

Yes, we overachieved a bit because we had 43 guys playing in a 34 defense and we had the worst oline in football. This year we fixed both problems. Plus we depended on rookies more than anyone else. It's well known rookie to sophomore is the biggest jump. Finallly, Grigson brought in guys who are gamers which means they will play hard very snap and we don't have to worry about overachieving. Those are reasons why we won't recede. IMO

Yes, we overachieved a bit because we had 43 guys playing in a 34 defense and we had the worst oline in football. This year we fixed both problems. Plus we depended on rookies more than anyone else. It's well known rookie to sophomore is the biggest jump. Finallly, Grigson brought in guys who are gamers which means they will play hard very snap and we don't have to worry about overachieving. Those are reasons why we won't recede. IMO

Good points but you don't know that you have fixed anything until they start playing. Grigson could have brought in God and they might still be close to .500. Again, I expect things to even out and they will be better but they will slide back some.

I think the Dolphins could surprise a lot of people and get a wild card this year. I'm not confident in them enough to say that they'll take the division from New England though.

I think Tannehill progresses this season, and I can see them making the playoffs. However, Geno Smith guaranteed a Super Bowl this year, so that puts them in at least one playoff spot. That would leave the Wild Card seeds to New England and the Texans ( ;) ) and the Dolphins would be the odd team out.

I think Tannehill progresses this season, and I can see them making the playoffs. However, Geno Smith guaranteed a Super Bowl this year, so that puts them in at least one playoff spot. That would leave the Wild Card seeds to New England and the Texans ( ;) ) and the Dolphins would be the odd team out.

haha Only if we move to Bizarro World!

I don't have to read any links on any negative stories, I just read what everybody else thinks of it, and some seem to justify the negativity so not to spark a backlash from the trolls on this site "you know who you are trolls". I spent a couple days of free time to read some Redskins forums sites and Texans forums and the majority fight to defend their teams and especially BobbyG on the Redskins forums and circle the wagons. And I don't remember one non Redskins fan on the Redskins forums site. I think people are afraid of being attacked, me included. I tried to think of a way to describe the difference between Redskins fans and Colts fans. I would like to describe what I came up with but politics are not allowed :}LOL

Go Colts!!!!!

I agree. I need explanation on how the Colts snuck up on the Texans the last game of the season?