Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

vaugh intercepts luck in redzone in otas

Stephen

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is that possible...Vaughn sucks (according to the Cornerbackites)?!

I'm sorry, are you implying Vaughn doesn't suck? I'm not sure what a "Cornerbackite" is (other than a really stupid sounding "word") but I'm pretty sure Vaughn sucks according to . . . everyone.

Oh, wait, he intercepted Luck in OTAs. Never mind, he's good now. Disregard all actual game evidence of terrible play.

Vaugh, I have never heard of him.  ;)

You kow, he was FL defesive player of the week oe time.

On a serious note, anyone know why all those players didn't participate? Do we assume they were held out because of injury?

I'm sorry, are you implying Vaughn doesn't suck? I'm not sure what a "Cornerbackite" is (other than a really stupid sounding "word") but I'm pretty sure Vaughn sucks according to . . . everyone.

Oh, wait, he intercepted Luck in OTAs. Never mind, he's good now.

dont give up on him just yet.  not saying this because of the OTA pick.  I hated how he never turned to locate the ball in the air and make a play, but he was in position to do so.   He is like 26 years old and now has had a full off season with Pagano (supposedly a CB guru).  I screamed about him as much as anyone watching games last year, but it is a new year.

Didn't Vaughn get a pick in one of the games last year and then he fell backwards accross the goal line?  Or am I thinking of someone else?

Yes, the second game against the Jags...arguably his best game.

Sheppard also gets int from luck in redzone

He's the new guy from Buffalo that we traded Jerry Hughes for, correct?

Bethea also said that Toler batted down a few balls.

Glad to see that our pass defense seems to be getting better so far.

I love the whole Vaughn sucks bandwagon. It would not be hard for Pagano to coach him up into something great. He was always in place to make plays but is less aware than a drunk cow. I'd rather have someone who can keep up with people than someone who can't. You can't teach speed. You can teach awareness.

How is that possible...Vaughn sucks (according to the Cornerbackites)?!

Redzone drill...practice.....always try and force it in....that is why he got one and Sheppard.  

Vaughn must have had his body open to the ball instead of back to the ball.....for a change.  We need a picture....

Edited by Nadine
removed oversized emoticon

Until he meets Ed Reed again. :disco:

Not going to lie Qwiz.... I'm loving the competition that Houston provides. Playing against one of the best safeties in the game (at least) twice per year will only help the kid grow. I wish the season were here already haha

I love the whole Vaughn sucks bandwagon. It would not be hard for Pagano to coach him up into something great. He was always in place to make plays but is less aware than a drunk cow. I'd rather have someone who can keep up with people than someone who can't. You can't teach speed. You can teach awareness.

He needs it....you cannot defend it if your back is constantly turned.  All you get is burned or a penalty 3/4 of the time...or more in his case.  I agree...you cannot teach speed (We have Gordy too...fast...and awful.)

If he makes the team I will root him on.  I hope Price and Swanson show up and compete big time. :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:

Eh, I dunno. I wasn't as fast as I am now before I started playing high school ball. My coach was a run enthusiast...and since we tended to mess up a lot we did plenty of running. He made us take a little bit of track too in the offseason and it paid off. As far as changing your speed from a 4.9 to a 4.3 or something....yeah probably not gonna happen lol.

Not going to lie Qwiz.... I'm loving the competition that Houston provides. Playing against one of the best safeties in the game (at least) twice per year will only help the kid grow. I wish the season were here already haha

Exactly. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. Playing against big-time players definitely helps those young QBs get better and settle into their game faster.

Oh, wait, he intercepted Luck in OTAs. Never mind, he's good now. Disregard all actual game evidence of terrible play.

Cassius Vaughn is nowhere near as bad as he's made out to be around here. He couldn't possibly be.

I'm not saying we should build our defense around him, but he's very much being treated like the worst corner in the league, and he's not. Might have been one of the worst starters last season, but that's not his fault. He shouldn't have been starting. He'll do just fine as the dimeback, and while I wouldn't mind seeing someone beat him out, I bet he has the inside track right now.

Cassius Vaughn is nowhere near as bad as he's made out to be around here. He couldn't possibly be.

I'm not saying we should build our defense around him, but he's very much being treated like the worst corner in the league, and he's not. Might have been one of the worst starters last season, but that's not his fault. He shouldn't have been starting. He'll do just fine as the dimeback, and while I wouldn't mind seeing someone beat him out, I bet he has the inside track right now.

Without question the "Worst starter" in the league.  Lacy was not this bad....he actually had his eyes to the ball.  I have never seen a back turned to the ball like Cassius "I'm fast, but do not break up passes' Vaughn.

Between he and Gordy...a ton of wasted speed.  I hope Grigson does not want Vaughn just to return punts or kicks.

You know me, I will root him on IF he makes the team..... :coltslogo:   :coltslogo:

Without question the "Worst starter" in the league.  Lacy was not this bad....he actually had his eyes to the ball.  I have never seen a back turned to the ball like Cassius "I'm fast, but do not break up passes' Vaughn.

Between he and Gordy...a ton of wasted speed.  I hope Grigson does not want Vaughn just to return punts or kicks.

You know me, I will root him on IF he makes the team..... :coltslogo:   :coltslogo:

Lacey played in a soft zone defense, of course he had his eyes to the ball. We were asking Vaughn to play mostly man coverage. I personally think Vaughn has better ball skills and athleticism than Lacey. He just needs to play with more discipline.

By the way, I think I watch more non Colts football than a lot of people on this site. There are a lot of bad cornerbacks playing significant roles throughout the league. Vaughn isn't as bad as people seem to think.