Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

decision time for DHB

MrNLM

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he has a better chance of becoming a #1 receiver again with us than the Lions since Wayne would be 35 in the season and Johnson would be just turning 28. which is what he plans on going out and proving that he is capable of, my gut says he chooses us over the Lions with that mindset.

I think he was a little to optimistic about how much money he would get !! Detroit prolly made it very clear that our offer wasnt all that bad the better opprutunity is with colts better system a hall of fame wr to learn from and a chance to revamp his career and prove he is a big time wr !! I won't loose any sleep either way but his best interest in mind the colts would be a great place to start just ask Donnie Avery

the better opprutunity is with colts better system a hall of fame wr to learn from and a chance to revamp his career and prove he is a big time wr !! I won't loose any sleep either way but his best interest in mind the colts would be a great place to start just ask Donnie Avery

Problem is - while those are some noble reasons to play for us - some guys only think about $$$$$. I fear DHB is one of those guys. He was a top 10 first round pick who probably feels cheated he played with bad/mediocre QB's, so now he has an inflated ego thinking he's hot ****.

Well in looking at his relationship to Stafford I would look for him to sign with the Lions I think

Lions | Darrius Heyward-Bey would enjoy Matt Stafford as QB Wed Mar 27, 04:24 PM

Free-agent WR Darrius Heyward-Bey (Raiders) said he would enjoy having Detroit Lions QB Matt Stafford as his quarterback. Heyward-Bey said he has known Stafford for years.

Link to story https://twitter.com/AnwarRichardson/status/317003908159504384

That would be a heck of a combo with him and Megatron I'll say that.

However I'm not sure why he is leaving once again without a contract other than possible issues with his asking price I guess

Lions | Darrius Heyward-Bey leaves without contract Wed Mar 27, 04:06 PM

Detroit Lions met with free-agent WR Darrius Heyward-Bey (Raiders) Wednesday, Mar. 27. Heyward-Bey said it was a great visit, but left without a contract.

Link to story https://twitter.com/AnwarRichardson/status/317003104497332224

Well in looking at his relationship to Stafford I would look for him to sign with the Lions I think

Lions | Darrius Heyward-Bey would enjoy Matt Stafford as QB Wed Mar 27, 04:24 PM

Free-agent WR Darrius Heyward-Bey (Raiders) said he would enjoy having Detroit Lions QB Matt Stafford as his quarterback. Heyward-Bey said he has known Stafford for years.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean anything. Reed knew Wayne and Pagano from days in Miami, but he didn't come here.

However I'm not sure why he is leaving once again without a contract other than possible issues with his asking price I guess

Lions | Darrius Heyward-Bey leaves without contract Wed Mar 27, 04:06 PM

Detroit Lions met with free-agent WR Darrius Heyward-Bey (Raiders) Wednesday, Mar. 27. Heyward-Bey said it was a great visit, but left without a contract.

Link to story https://twitter.com/AnwarRichardson/status/317003104497332224

ok

Yeah, but that doesn't mean anything. Reed knew Wayne and Pagano from days in Miami, but he didn't come here.

Did you hear Reed say "I would love to play for Chuck Pagano and the Colts"?

No you never heard him articulate that. Didn't even bother to pay a visit to Indy.

However we hear Hey Bey saying this directly after his visit with Detroit. Then he also saysdirectly after his visit that he enjoyed his visit with the Lions. None of these things did he do after visiting Indy. The statement is a possible indication of his intentions.

The same type of statements Ed Reed gave after his visit with Houston. Coincidentally Ed Reed did not sign a contract directly either. Later on he did.

No one really knows because nothing has happened. It's just a clue to me, but it's certainly not concrete until the guy makes a decision.

Did you hear Reed say "I would love to play for Chuck Pagano and the Colts"?

No you never heard him articulate that. Didn't even bother to pay a visit to Indy.

However we hear Hey Bey saying this directly after his visit with Detroit. Then he also saysdirectly after his visit that he enjoyed his visit with the Lions. None of these things did he do after visiting Indy. The statement is a possible indication of his intentions.

The same type of statements Ed Reed gave after his visit with Houston. Coincidentally Ed Reed did not sign a contract directly either. Later on he did.

No one really knows because nothing has happened. It's just a clue to me, but it's certainly not concrete until the guy makes a decision.

I'm just stating a point that ties to a certain player or coach don't really mean anything...

Problem is - while those are some noble reasons to play for us - some guys only think about $$$$$. I fear DHB is one of those guys. He was a top 10 first round pick who probably feels cheated he played with bad/mediocre QB's, so now he has an inflated ego thinking he's hot ****.

If you read any comments by Raiders fans about DHB, they nearly unanimously say that he's a class act with a very strong work ethic.

He doesn't seem "cheated" or to have an "inflated ego" in this article, either:

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/3/13/4101394/darrius-heyward-bey-speaks-for-first-time-since-release-from-oakland-raiders

The Lions need him more than we do...please sign with the Lions.

Afraid this signing would prevent us from getting a good WR (or 2) in the draft.

Rest easy...Grigson isn't going to pass on Cordarrelle Patterson because he signed DHB

With Hey-Bey as the #2 receiver with Calvin Johnson as the #1 and then you add Reggie Bush at running back. That would be a very hard offense to deal with. They were already a top 10 offense before Bush was even added. Hey Bey would be the clear #2 receiver with Detroit. Who does Detroit have that could beat him out?

With Hey-Bey as the #2 receiver with Calvin Johnson as the #1 and then you add Reggie Bush at running back. That would be a very hard offense to deal with. They were already a top 10 offense before Bush was even added. Hey Bey would be the clear #2 receiver with Detroit. Who does Detroit have that could beat him out?

Too bad they both of their starting tackles.

Plenty here that just no comprende the advantage to finding this type of worthy bigger bodied speed receiver BEFORE the draft.

DHB comes with the cost of No draft picks and fills an important need. Someone may come available before the draft but at what cost?

Having that spot filled really opens up Griggs to use his talent for slotting players draft position and Trade Back opportunities to still get the players he wants.

After today I really like Robert Woods. Lots of Reggie in him and can be had in the 2nd.

Gimme Woods, T Frederick, an OLB developemental PR guy, Stanfords S Taylor for a 3rd down pass receiving/pass blocking back

and whoever.