Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

decision time for DHB

MrNLM

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they'd stop buying such big houses & 50 cars, wouldn't have this problem. Be more like Peyton Manning, he doesn't spend his money on material things haha

Was just at Peytons children hospital Friday he knows where and how to spend and get things done the right way:)

If they'd stop buying such big houses & 50 cars, wouldn't have this problem. Be more like Peyton Manning, he doesn't spend his money on material things haha

Lol! It's hard to do something just for the love of the game when the game is being paid for finance. Especially a game where there is a high chance your career could be over in 2 seasons. But I do think if you are "getting your money" as they say, you owe yourself, your family, and your fans to go out there and play with the passion of Ray Lewis or Peyton or Tom Brady. It's the least you could do!

I think its funny that people like to talk about other peoples money. 

Sorry folks, if you guys were talented enough to be in the NFL, the money would be as big a motivation as anything.  You have your job for 5-10 years if you are lucky, you will need whatever you make last you the remaining 40 years of your life.  Not everyone makes Peyton Manning money.  Sports is not a game to the players it is their livelihood. 

Sports is like life, it is always about the money. 

I think its funny that people like to talk about other peoples money.

Sorry folks, if you guys were talented enough to be in the NFL, the money would be as big a motivation as anything. You have your job for 5-10 years if you are lucky, you will need whatever you make last you the remaining 40 years of your life. Not everyone makes Peyton Manning money. Sports is not a game to the players it is their livelihood.

Sports is like life, it is always about the money.

That's why people get that thing called an edjucation.

Doesn't seem hard to me. One hand you have the lions who are a horrible franchise IMHO. And will never be the #1. Then you have the Colts. A well run franchise and team that is on the rise. Sure he may take a pay cut the first year but it is what it is. He has struggled and needs to show he can be the #1. He could come here, work his tail off and have a very strong change of taking over for Wayne. I don't even really see the problem or what's the hold up.

I agree! Just decide already so we know and stop wondering!

I stopped wondering 2 weeks ago. I think only a few fans are still holding out hope this will happen. IMO, the Colts have moved on and did so a while back. I suppose there is still the chance that DHB says the heck with it and decides to take less money to come here, but for some reason, I highly doubt it.

I was for it, now I'm against it. I understand wanting to get a low risk, high reward type guy, but I'm not about to advocate a bidding war for a first round bust. If he comes to terms with whatever he was offered (hoping it wasn't absurd), I can dig it. If it becomes a battle, it's not worth it.

You're right, but i wouldn't be suprised, in fact, i totally belive he'e coming here. I could rationalize all the reasons why INDY is a better fit for him, vs Detroit, but i'll keep it simple. Him coming here, is the better career choice.

"I totally believe he'e coming here"....the guy who posted this must be a psychic. In fact i hope that if DHB exceeds expectations, that Grigson will restructure his contract with a 3 year extention....let's wait and see what happens... :thmup: ... :disco: