Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts in on Greg Jennings talk [Merge]

Well, this was a shock to me..

Greg Jennings - WR - Packers

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported on Total Access that the Packers still haven't ruled out re-signing free agent Greg Jennings.

"I hear the Packers are still trying to negotiate with him," Rapoport stated. Rapoport did acknowledge that Jennings has "significant interest," with the Colts, Browns, and Vikings as potential competitors with Green Bay. We ultimately don't expect the Packers to meet Jennings' asking price. He should hit the market.

Related: Colts, Vikings, Browns

Mar 11 - 7:17 PM

I am convinced Indy will bring in another WR...    question is who and how much?  Vet vs Rookie?  

If they are going to spend big I prefer Welker....   but Jennings is a very productive player.

Agree. But why do you prefer Welker? Jennings is younger and is better on the outside than Welker (which is where Jennings would play here since Hilton got the slot).

I am convinced Indy will bring in another WR... question is who and how much? Vet vs Rookie?

If they are going to spend big I prefer Welker.... but Jennings is a very productive player.

I believe you are right; Indy will be adding a fresh face to the receiving corps. Quite honestly, I'd prefer to draft one at this point. I would have loved a big target like Bowe or Boldin; however, with both of them gone I would rather save money and draft out next wide receiver of the future IF the right man is available. Otherwise, I'd say sign a mid level vet like Amendola and draft our WR of the future in the first next year... Just my opinion.

Let me just say I want to fix our OL as priority #1......but with the cap space we have...doesn't mean we can't have our cake and eat it too! Look at what Tampa Bay landed last year...and the players we are targeting are no where near the money that those guys were asking for.

Has anyone else noticed that every available FA has interest from the Colts and the Browns?

With all the cap space we have, it's easy for any reporter to just throw our name in there as a potential landing spot, or that we are interested, blah, blah.  Hard to take any of it seriously.

With all the cap space we have, it's easy for any reporter to just throw our name in there as a potential landing spot, or that we are interested, blah, blah.  Hard to take any of it seriously.

Yeah that was my point.......the speculation is just stupid at this point. Can't wait until tomorrow at 4pm.

Has anyone else noticed that every available FA has interest from the Colts and the Browns?

That's why I take these reports with a grain of salt. Do we really think the info comes from the teams OR from the agents who think it would be swell if other teams believed deep pockets teams had interest in their clients?

Meh. Can we try addressing something that isn't a skill/sexy position for once? Having Jennings wont stop Luck from being molested by defenders.

Agree totally. IMO I think that Grigs will be going after O linemen & defense. I would actually be shocked if we signed a big name FA wide receiver.

I honestly wouldn't hate this move like I orginally thought. He'll be cheap (compared to Wallace/Bowe), and we all know he's a quality WR. It's not like we're exactly stacked at the position anyway, we just know there's bigger needs. Wayne/Hilton/Brazill/Whalen doesn't exactly strike much fear into opponents. Jennings is still in his prime IMO, so we should be able to get a good 3 years out of him while developing a younger WR.

Why in the world are we talking to Gregg Jennings? Look, I respect his experience & Championship clout, but what does Reggie Wayne think of this move? Does that signify a not so gentle push out the door for #87? 

We do not need another WR...What the bleep is Grigson doing?!! WR is not a glaring need at all IMO...A troubling turn of events if this story pans out...