Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts in on Greg Jennings talk [Merge]

Why in the world are we talking to Gregg Jennings? Look, I respect his experience & Championship clout, but what does Reggie Wayne think of this move? Does that signify a not so gentle push out the door for #87?

We do not need another WR...What the bleep is Grigson doing?!! WR is not a glaring need at all IMO...A troubling turn of events if this story pans out...

Reggie is probably thinking, "Thank god, now I might not be getting double teamed every play"

Do we really have enough cap space to pick up Jennings, draft sturdy linemen with great feet & hands, & grab a dominating presence in the secondary? I have my doubts, but I will readily admit that I am no cap expert either.

This is why I wanted Grigson to do a weekly GM Corner on Colts.com so that I can prepare myself for pending moves of feast or famine...I suppose if INDY gets 2 top notch WR's it becomes considerably harder to prevent red zone touchdowns. Success in the NFL is contingent on 1 thing: a strong & stout offensive line. Elite QBs can't make 1st downs or TDs flat on their backs.

Don't screw this up Grigson....Everyone is watching you with a fine toothed comb....Remember Grigs: Luck has a new OC this year: Protect him at all costs. That's your #1 priority...

Buzz kill.

Any other hints on anyone we might have real interest in RIGHT NOW? We'll take anything......

I wish. Colts are maintaining radio silence. I'll be getting antsy tomorrow once 4 o'clock comes if there's no news... and there probably won't be right away so it doesn't look fishy to the Commish :ninja:

Why in the world are we talking to Gregg Jennings? Look, I respect his experience & Championship clout, but what does Reggie Wayne think of this move? Does that signify a not so gentle push out the door for #87?

We do not need another WR...What the bleep is Grigson doing?!! WR is not a glaring need at all IMO...A troubling turn of events if this story pans out...

I see your viewpoint SW. But I think Jennings would compliment Reggie if anything. This pretty much would guarantee TY in the slot which would cause a HUGE mismatch. And this prevents Reggie from being double teamed. Not like it matters, but I think it would make Reggie feel a little better knowing he is in one on one

I see your viewpoint SW. But I think Jennings would compliment Reggie if anything. This pretty much would guarantee TY in the slot which would cause a HUGE mismatch. And this prevents Reggie from being double teamed. Not like it matters, but I think it would make Reggie feel a little better knowing he is in one on one

I can understand the motivation on Grigson's behalf, a quality WR like Jennings does not become available in free agency everyday & he's a proven commodity & not a bust. Still, I'm old school left tackles & right tackles are essential for protecting your franchise QB, giving him confidence as the season progresses, preventing injury on his body, & allowing the QB to slide his feet, move up in the pocket, & make a vital 3rd down completion. Plus, a solid o-line dramatically improves your running game which also prevents QB sacks or reduces the frequency of them significantly.

Perhaps Grigs is building our o-line through the draft, but I've never been a fan of big dollars spent in free agency unless it's darn near a sure thing with little to no medical complications. Need vs luxury. Please Ryan don't confuse the 2 scenarios. That's all I ask.

There's this

@PFCentral

Colts To Make A Push For Jake Long:

Seriously? Normally, I'd love this move, but Jake has had health complications as of late. I love his feet, hands, leverage, & arm length. Just do a through physical before he signs on the dotted line. I want to know that his body isn't starting to breakdown. That's what scares me with Long. Just call me interested, but cautiously optimistic. Always ask yourself: What does this player give me right now? Upside vs downside? Production right now matters not what they did for their previous team. Work them out doing drills, especially coming off any injury.

I found a few more Ed Reed to the Colts rumors on twitter rumblings if anyone cares.........

Now he apparently has the same agent as Reggie Wayne too.

Ed Reed...Pagano vs Belichick...A mutual HC Admiration Society....Now, that bidding war could get intriguing...The plot thickens...As the pigskin drops: A tale of greenbacks, Playoff pushes, & void sealers on different NFL squads. HA! HA! 

It depends on what they pay for him.  If he'll come here for a decent price.  Say 7 million a year or less on a 3 or 4 year at most deal then I'm cool with it.

Yes we have glaring needs at guard, but it's not like the front office isn't trying to fix those.  

I think a lot of people are way too high on our current set of receivers to think that we don't need to add another good one.  Wayne could fall off at any time, that is to presume he hasn't already.  Hilton showed some flashes but also had some bad drops.  Brazil had one special play the entire year, nothing about him excited me.  Whalen never played in the regular season and Palmer had 1 catch for negative yardage.  

At least guy who can be a #2 or a #3 needs to be brought in to help out.  

It depends on what they pay for him.  If he'll come here for a decent price.  Say 7 million a year or less on a 3 or 4 year at most deal then I'm cool with it.

Yes we have glaring needs at guard, but it's not like the front office isn't trying to fix those.  

I think a lot of people are way too high on our current set of receivers to think that we don't need to add another good one.  Wayne could fall off at any time, that is to presume he hasn't already.  Hilton showed some flashes but also had some bad drops.  Brazil had one special play the entire year, nothing about him excited me.  Whalen never played in the regular season and Palmer had 1 catch for negative yardage.  

At least guy who can be a #2 or a #3 needs to be brought in to help out.  

Just in case you missed it, we aren't showing interest in Jennings. It was an erroneous report, according to Mike Chappel.

Balzer40, on 12 Mar 2013 - 07:48, said:

Just in case you missed it, we aren't showing interest in Jennings. It was an erroneous report, according to Mike Chappel.

Yup, just saw it this morning.

The Indianapolis Star reports the Colts have not expressed interest in free agent Greg Jennings.

Several rumors Monday linked the Colts to Jennings, but we'd take the Indy Star's word here. Beat writer Mike Chappell "totally trust(s)" his source. Other teams linked to Jennings include the Browns, Vikings, and Packers. We believe Minnesota would be mistaken if it didn't make Jennings a big offer on Tuesday.

Related: Colts

Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter Mar 11 - 11:44 PM

Yup, just saw it this morning.

The Indianapolis Star reports the Colts have not expressed interest in free agent Greg Jennings.

Several rumors Monday linked the Colts to Jennings, but we'd take the Indy Star's word here. Beat writer Mike Chappell "totally trust(s)" his source. Other teams linked to Jennings include the Browns, Vikings, and Packers. We believe Minnesota would be mistaken if it didn't make Jennings a big offer on Tuesday.

Related: Colts

Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter Mar 11 - 11:44 PM

That could also be a smokescreen. I just want the truth.

image003.png