Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis and Pat Angerer OUT

NCost12

Angerer, we can do without since our LB corp is deeper than other positions. Vontae Davis however is way more important. The only good news is that Greg Jennings is out, so our No.3 CB goes against their No.3 WR James Jones. Jermichael Finley however is a huge mismatch for us, Jerrell Freeman better bring his A+ game in coverage.

I agree that Vontae being out is a bigger deal than Angerer at this point. Of course I hope Pat reads this and when he does come back to play, he rips the head off a few RB's in anguish at my comment. :D Much love Pat, but we have a bunch of LB's that are decently good, not so much on the CB position. Jennings being out is a plus though, so we may match up ok on the recievers. We HAVE to get after Rodgers, but I am pretty sure GB knows that too! :banana::helmet: :throwback: :coltshelmet::coltslogo: :coltslogo: :coltslogo:

Vontae Davis and Pat Anger are out for this game against the Packers. Freeney will be a game-time decision. Any thoughts?

Tough.....

We've got to gameble because sitting back ...he'll do what he wants to do..

A few more disguised blitzes......changing up coverages (although that's harder wth backups)

..hopefully they can go at the NYJs........a game we have chance to steal

He's "out" even when he's playing!

yep but the question is, who will go in his place, Reitz is out, Satele (who was a Guard in Oakland) is questionable and my guess is out come game day, Mcglynn cant play both Guard spots he is barely serviceable at 1

yep but the question is, who will go in his place, Reitz is out, Satele (who was a Guard in Oakland) is questionable and my guess is out come game day, Mcglynn cant play both Guard spots he is barely serviceable at 1

Yeah the devil is certainly playing the fiddle this weekend! Will somebody please make a phone call to Trai Essex? Please!

colts-35.png Colts | Five ruled out Fri Oct 5, 03:32 PM

Indianapolis Colts LB Pat Angerer (foot), CB Vontae Davis (ankle), CB Justin King (groin), OG Seth Olsen (knee) and OG Joe Reitz (knee) did not practice Friday, Oct. 5, and are ruled out for Week 5.

Link to story

Justin King player page

Vontae Davis player page

Pat Angerer player page

Jeesh! Even King is not going to play, that leaves us with Butler, Powers, Gordy, and Vaughn. Heck they may even have to call Marshay Green up from the practice squad. This sucks!

Vontae Davis and Pat Anger are out for this game against the Packers. Freeney will be a game-time decision. Any thoughts?

Reitz out also. Things are setting up for the very high draft pick we need badly. Sure would like a healthy O-Line tho. Hard to develope offense continuity without good line play.

The way it goes, deal with it.

Looks like Angerer had a setback on Wednesday, because he didn't practice yesterday, and now is out. Not surprising, given the injury, but it also probably reduces the likelihood that he'll play next week.

I have him coming back for the CLE Game. I didn't expect him to come back this week

Yes - this is a serious and sincere question.

We've only played 3 games this year and already have several key players injured.

Is this a conditioning issue with the Colts? Or, are other teams having similar issues this early?

As a non-expert football fan, seems like something is wrong here.

Yes - this is a serious and sincere question.

We've only played 3 games this year and already have several key players injured.

Is this a conditioning issue with the Colts? Or, are other teams having similar issues this early?

As a non-expert football fan, seems like something is wrong here.

No willy..its not just us..

The Jets have lost 2 starters for the season.....

Denver has lost their starting center..and their right guard hasn't played all season....

Vontae wasnt even our player until the week of the opener..

Just bad luck..

My expectations of what the Colts need to do doesn't change. The defensive front 7 will still have to play lights out.

I hear ya Joker, maybe we can channel some 2007 Giants front 7 magic. :beg: Everyone, send positive vibes and karma headed to our Colts for this Sunday. :cloud9:

Arians still makes it sound like Freeney will play. I think Freeney plays too unless he wakes up Sunday and his foot is gone or that bad. And as usual, this D in Indy is a different beast with old Dwight in there.

INJURY UPDATE – Bruce Arians said guard Joe Reitzicon-article-link.gif, cornerback Vontae Davisicon-article-link.gif, guard Seth Olsenicon-article-link.gif, cornerback Justin Kingicon-article-link.gif and linebacker Pat Angerericon-article-link.gif will not play. All other players will be game-time decisions. Linebacker Dwight Freeneyicon-article-link.gif did fine in Friday’s practice. “He’s more than ready,” Arians said of Freeney.

colts-35.png Colts | A.Q. Shipley may start at center Fri Oct 5, 05:28 PM

Indianapolis Colts C A.Q. Shipley may start at center at Week 5 if C Samson Satele (knee) is not able to play in the game.

Link to story

colts-35.png Colts | Jeff Linkenbach could start Fri Oct 5, 05:23 PM

Indianapolis Colts OT Jeff Linkenbach could start at left guard Week 5 with OG Joe Reitz (knee) and OG Seth Olsen (knee) ruled out for the game.

Link to story

colts-35.pngColts | Two to see time as nickel back Fri Oct 5, 05:19 PM

Indianapolis Colts CBs Josh Gordy and Darius Butler will each see time at nickel back in Week 5 depending on which nickel package they use.

Link to story

John Riggins player page

colts-35.pngColts | Cassius Vaughn starting Week 5 Fri Oct 5, 05:16 PM

Indianapolis Colts CB Cassius Vaughn will start at left cornerback in Week 5 in place of injured CB Vontae Davis (ankle).

Link to story

colts-35.pngColts | Two expected to be game-time decisions Fri Oct 5, 05:10 PM

Indianapolis Colts interim head coach Bruce Arians said C Samson Satele (knee) and LB Dwight Freeney (ankle) will be game-time decisions for Week 5.

Link to story

Dwight Freeney player page

Well with Davis out we get to see what things would have looked like without trading for him. I'm pretty sure people will be changing their tune about how bad a trade that was.

Look...this is why we are at the bottom of the league and will be picking in the top 10 next year. Not because Luck is bad or we don't have any playmakers but because we are so very very thin across the board. Most of our starters would be border line to even make the 53 man roster on most the teams we play much less the people we have behind them. We are woefully thin across the board and in the NFL where injuries are expected that is why winning more than 5 or 6 games would be a big stretch for us.

Hopefully we add a stud in the first round next year and we use that cap space to strengthen our core.

Believe it or not even though Vontae hasn't been playing great as of yet he sure as heck does make this team better and it does blow big time with him and Angerer being out. This new D needs at least some time playing together somewhat healthy as a cohesive unit. Doesn't help that Freeney, Angerer and Davis ala 3 studs might be out. Lets hope DF comes back at least.

It is funny to me. Everyone loves Vontae now, that he is out for this game. Just two weeks ago alot of people on here wanted to burn him on the steak. Funny how that works, ohh it is going to be hard to cover without him out there. Two weeks ago it was Vontae got burnt, Vontae got a pass interference call. Now it is we love you Vontae, turn coats. Get well Vontae and shut up all of these naysayers. Go Colts

It is funny to me. Everyone loves Vontae now, that he is out for this game. Just two weeks ago alot of people on here wanted to burn him on the steak. Funny how that works, ohh it is going to be hard to cover without him out there. Two weeks ago it was Vontae got burnt, Vontae got a pass interference call. Now it is we love you Vontae, turn coats. Get well Vontae and shut up all of these naysayers. Go Colts

Haters hate no matter what. I could list 100 people that posters have wanted burned alive over the past 6 seasons.

Surprised about Angerer, really thought he would play. Either way, Conner and Freeman should continue their success.

Davis isn't a shocker, but if there was one game we needed him, it was this one. Sucks that King is out too. I don't exactly like Powers, Gordy and Vaughn vs Nelson, Cobb and Jones.

Looks like Angerer had a setback on Wednesday, because he didn't practice yesterday, and now is out. Not surprising, given the injury, but it also probably reduces the likelihood that he'll play next week.

...or he could be resting it knowing that he could re-injure in this game. Maybe he's worrying about next week and the week after that.

As they say, when it rains it pours.....

An interior Oline of Linkenbach, Shipley, and McGlynn.....talk about a brick wall. A Cornerback trio of Powers, Gordy, and Vaughn.....oh well, back to square one.

Someone refresh my memory, when Irsay cleaned house did he get rid of the much maligned Strength and Conditioning coach?

...or he could be resting it knowing that he could re-injure in this game. Maybe he's worrying about next week and the week after that.

My feeling is that, since he didn't practice all week, that there was a setback. If it was a gametime decision, I'd feel a little different.

Of course, I don't know anything. And I certainly hope for the best for next week.

Idid not like the Davis tradfe and 2 give away a 2nd pick plus a 5th , this is 1st move our new GM blew it has desperation written all over it. He will be a BUST Freeney to me does not care anymore no contract beyond this year he is coasting through the season Its all about the Money,they should have traded him this was a no BRAINER

colts-35.png Colts | Five ruled out Fri Oct 5, 03:32 PM

Indianapolis Colts LB Pat Angerer (foot), CB Vontae Davis (ankle), CB Justin King (groin), OG Seth Olsen (knee) and OG Joe Reitz (knee) did not practice Friday, Oct. 5, and are ruled out for Week 5.

Link to story

Justin King player page

Vontae Davis player page

Pat Angerer player page

Jeesh! Even King is not going to play, that leaves us with Butler, Powers, Gordy, and Vaughn. Heck they may even have to call Marshay Green up from the practice squad. This sucks!

It is good to see Freeney's name not on that list. I think King has more pass interference calls than tackles so far this season.