Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coach Pagano with an serious Illness? :(

ColtsPacersfan

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to stop by and give a message to Colts nation. I'm about as rabid a Pats fan as you'll find, and as a Pats fan we're rivals on the football field, but Cancer took my sister and is an enemy to us ALL. I've lost far too many people to it and I'm sure most if not all of you have too.

I hope Coach Pagano beats the livin snot out of it like it insulted his mamma. I hope he beats it so bad it tries to crawl off but then he kicks in in the stomach a couple hundred times and it pukes its spleen up.

My heart is with Colts nation and the Pagano family today, and every day till he's back healthy and at work.

Good luck coach, we're pullin for ya!

I'm so sorry about your sister and other loved ones you have lost to cancer.

I also want to thank you for your support and hope that you stick around.

Per Irsays, ummm's and pauses.

He was clearly trying not to get overly emotional, I got the impression he was very shook up. It wasnt great public speaking, but consider the circumstance..jeesh

This is very serious and it will be a blessing if Coach can get back to his team.

Cross your fingers and toes gang.

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, October 2, 2012 - Charity Solicitation
Hidden by Coltssouth, October 2, 2012 - Charity Solicitation

I'm not sure if this is allowed here, mods please take this down if this is over the line, but I volunteer my time to help raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to help find a cure for exactly this. I have a page set up where anyone can donate. It's a great cause and helps save lives. http://pages.lightthenight.org/sj/OysterPt12/asanderclx - Anything you can spare will be greatly appreciated by people just like Coach who are fighting for their lives.

You're worried about football at a time like this? This post makes me sick.

I get your reaction, BUT...

While I lost a close family member to Leukemia when I was young, my initial reaction was frustration over my favorite team's misfortune. It took a minute for reality to set in, and for me to realize how difficult this news must be for Pagano and his family.

I may not have posted, but I initially responded to the way the situation affected me and the way I FELT as a result. But this isn't even remotely about me. My investment in this sport and this team ceases to be the slightest bit relevant at moments like this, but sometimes it takes me a minute to catch on.

This is all about Coach Pagano. I hope he feels the strength of support behind him, and knows his new team and new home come with strong love and support from the fans.

I have a feeling that Pagano will be out for the year. The treatments would take a tremendous toll on him. Prayers go out to the family, and I hope that he recovers.

This.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/10/01/indianpolis-colts-chuck-pagano-facing-cancer/1605495/

My prayers go out to Coach Pagano, his family and the Colts organization.

Un-Freaking beleiveable!

Actually, it is beleiveable,every time you turn around you hear someone has cancer.

Get well coach,speedy & full recovery.

Yes what is unbelievable is that it took this long to happen to a NFL head coach. IUs coach had brain cancer a few years ago and the titans oc had cancer and sadly it took both of them and there are probably more but chuck is the first NFL head coach to have it while coaching that I know of. I am hopeful for reasons well beyond football that he beats this! There is also the story of the college kid that had cancer and was on the giants super bowl team last year! Hopefully pagano can get to have the same happy ending he did.

Seems like a good man.....

.....he shouldnt concern himself with coming back at all this year...

He seems like a very active guy...hope the treatment works and he can regain his strength..........

From what I'm reading..this can be a very difficult fight...

He's not coming back this year. As for it being a difficult fight I think that's a given it's not like you sit around and go you know I think I'll beat cancer this weekend that sounds fun! The good news is two things.

1. The form he has has an extremely high survival rate.

2. It sounds like they found it early.

He waited 28 years for his big chance... 28 years, so this certainly won't deter him. What's one more year? Get healthy, coach.

This team is in an embyonic state. All the systems are in place. The foundation is there. So, when he comes back late in the season or after the season, which he will, everything will be fine. Everything is on track. Just get healthy.

Having survived a very serious disease, I remember when I was first told of the news, that my liver was destroyed, and that I needed a transplant to survive. I remember the feeling vividly, as well as in the impact on my family and friends as well. One of the things that helped, was the love and support of my family and friends, both in real life, as well as online.

Coach Pagano, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family. Stay strong, and never give in. You have the love and support of your family here on the forum, as well as millions of fans all over the world. We all wish you a speedy and full recovery. We will always be there for you.