Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Freeney out Vs. Vikes

Junior

Hughes, it's time to show up. Represent for the Horned Frogs this Sunday. It's time...... the Spotlight is now on You. Let them know what happens, when you mess with Texas. Let's Go Hughes!!!!!!!!!!

And as far as Collie, sad that he isn't Playing. But we still get Hilton back so I'm content. This means another game for Kris Adams I think?

Hughes, it's time to show up. Represent for the Horned Frogs this Sunday. It's time...... the Spotlight is now on You. Let them know what happens, when you mess with Texas. Let's Go Hughes!!!!!!!!!!

And as far as Collie, sad that he isn't Playing. But we still get Hilton back so I'm content. This means another game for Kris Adams I think?

So if you're from Texas you get pushed out of the plays? :lol:

I love Collie, but because he seems to have recurring problems with symptoms from concussions, maybe it is time to part ways with him.

I agree, I do not want the Collie situation turning into a Bob Sanders ordeal. Like the kid as a receiver but we simply can not continue to carry guys that take a roster spot from somebody that could remain healthy.

i have a suggestion, since its about defense although not about freeney which i hope he does get better because we could use him against Jax next weekend.....but

the 4 players involved in the bounty crap in new orleans, Hargrove is the only one with out a team after GB cut him when he was suspended for 8 games. they have a meeting wiht goodell monday or tuesday now if their suspensions are gone after the meeting and they will not be suspended, what are thoughts about the colts going after Hargrove to play NT since McKinney is gone for the year???? sign him to a year contract. couldnt hurt right?

and last, what is the status on Pat Angerer? when is he suppose to be back? i just keep hearing doubtful.

hughes plays better mathis side he better standing up

Great point here. Expecting Hughes to fill in for Freeney and be a difference maker in the hybrid role seems like a recipe for disappointment. I love what Hughes showed us from the strong side in pre-season, but it is not the same thing he was asked to do against the Bears. Based on current data, we should never ask Hughes to play a role other than a 3-4 OLB that is a capable pass rusher, but not the primary pass rusher.

Great point here. Expecting Hughes to fill in for Freeney and be a difference maker in the hybrid role seems like a recipe for disappointment. I love what Hughes showed us from the strong side in pre-season, but it is not the same thing he was asked to do against the Bears. Based on current data, we should never ask Hughes to play a role other than a 3-4 OLB that is a capable pass rusher, but not the primary pass rusher.

Yep let Addison start this time and let Hughes spell Mathis. If Hughes does well doing this, increase his playing time, especially if the offense can't give the D a breather. Also let him spell Addison, I'm sure he'll get winded too.

Yep let Addison start this time and let Hughes spell Mathis. If Hughes does well doing this, increase his playing time, especially if the offense can't give the D a breather. Also let him spell Addison, I'm sure he'll get winded too.

Seems like a good plan to me. Addison has done nothing to discourage seeing more of him thus far. Turn him loose. If they don't like Addison's effectiveness or if they really want Hughes and Mathis on the field together then put Mathis on the weakside as the primary rusher.

That said, I am expecting to see Hughes on the weakside for most of the game. I suspect they want to see as much of him as possible this year.

We first have to get a deep threat, or Luck is going to have a long day. Teams know that if you double Reggie, put this there best DB on Collie, our throwing game just went out the window. I don't see why the Colts don't look at Chad Johnson, other teams would respect his speed and that would take a lot of pressure off of Reggie and Luck.

We first have to get a deep threat, or Luck is going to have a long day. Teams know that if you double Reggie, put this there best DB on Collie, our throwing game just went out the window. I don't see why the Colts don't look at Chad Johnson, other teams would respect his speed and that would take a lot of pressure off of Reggie and Luck.

It's hard to have any kind of deep threat when you don't have time to through. Maybe Arians will open up the playbook a bit and let Luck roll out and run some no huddle.

:facepalm: You want an old washed up Johnson who had a case of the dropsies and couldn't digest a playbook at NE in Indy? Therefore putting a (worn out) band-aid at WR on a young Colts team that needs to gel and grow?

:facepalm: You want an old washed up Johnson who had a case of the dropsies and couldn't digest a playbook at NE in Indy? Therefore putting a (worn out) band-aid at WR on a young Colts team that needs to gel and grow?

lol, was thinking the same thing. we have deep threats. which we dont need to succeed. We need to run, use screens. short quick passes, draws...not sit in the pocket and wait for guys to just run deep.

lol, was thinking the same thing. we have deep threats. which we dont need to succeed. We need to run, use screens. short quick passes, draws...not sit in the pocket and wait for guys to just run deep.

We'd need an O-line that allowed that before we even game-planned to do it first haha.

Hopefully he'll be back soon... Can't have him missing many games.

Clayton said on Sports Center tonight he heard Freeney has a high ankle sprain and will be out four to six weeks. The pluses from this is that we are going to get an honest look at Hughes and or Addison and see if they can be NFL players or not. We will also see what the Colts defense looks like with and without Freeney both of which will probably tell us how we need to approach Freeney this off-season.