Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We're #32!!!

azcolt

Couldn't expect much more......  outside of Indy, there is still a lot of doubt that Luck will return or return at a level anywhere near where he was before..... and a lack of FA's to fill even a few holes , other than cheap depth; that leaves 11 draft picks to turn the team around....  we probably should be #32....  until CB and the coaches prove otherwise...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I bet our original 2019 first round pick is in the 20s. 

With a healthy Luck, I believe we will win at least 10 games. People may forget, but he is that good.

Agreed.  This talk of 8 and 8 being our hopeful floor is rediculous. With Luck we are at minimum a 10 win team.  Our division just doesn't have the fire power to keep up with a healthy luck save maybe Houston.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Flash7 said:

I think these are the teams we are better than:

Browns

Bucs

Jets

Bills

Cardinals

Do you guys agree and any other team you guys think we're better than?

All those teams will have better records than the Colts.  Face it, we are #32.

Browns

Bucs

Jets

Bills

Cardinals

dolphins 

• Like 1

Browns

Bucs

Jets

Bills

Cardinals

Dolphins and Bengals 

3 hours ago, Old Colt said:

Couldn't expect much more......  outside of Indy, there is still a lot of doubt that Luck will return or return at a level anywhere near where he was before..... and a lack of FA's to fill even a few holes , other than cheap depth; that leaves 11 draft picks to turn the team around....  we probably should be #32....  until CB and the coaches prove otherwise...

Agreed. Setting all optimism and fandom aside here, I don't blame pundits for thinking we might be the worst. We have a lot we need to prove, and even so, most of us agreed that this offseason wasn't going to be enough to fully turn this team around. The holes were just too plenty. I'm pleased with Ballard's effort to rebuild a young core of this team, and who knows where we really end up if Luck returns to form. But I think it's our position to prove them wrong. Until then we are the worst team in football.

3 hours ago, backshoulderfade said:

Gonna be funny when Luck throws 40+ TD's and we go 12-4.

I like the optimism but do you think Luck is going to actually throw 40+ touchdowns? He currently is still not throwing an actual football and it's May. It would be amazing to see him "shake the rust off" and throw 40+, though.

Rankings are just opinion but they are not wrong. Colts should be ranked last in the medias eyes. They didn't make splashy moves and drafted a guard with their #1 pick.

Colts with a healthy Andrew Luck are a 8-10 win team.

Without Andrew Luck a 3-5 win team. Ballard is attempting to make the Colts a 8-10 win team without having to need Andrew Luck. I believe he is doing a good job so far.

As of right now yes, Colts are probably #32

1 hour ago, bravo4460 said:

Rankings are just opinion but they are not wrong. Colts should be ranked last in the medias eyes. They didn't make splashy moves and drafted a guard with their #1 pick.

Colts with a healthy Andrew Luck are a 8-10 win team.

Without Andrew Luck a 3-5 win team. Ballard is attempting to make the Colts a 8-10 win team without having to need Andrew Luck. I believe he is doing a good job so far.

As of right now yes, Colts are probably #32

No way.  Any one not impressed with the colts offseason are simply not knowledgeable about football.  Shoring up the offensive line is THE most important thing you can do to produce wins.  A solid OL gives your QB more time and not make hurried throws, it lets receivers run deeper more complex routes, it allows your running game to move the chains...all of which leads to more sustained drives, which in turn keeps the defense off the field and more rested.  Everyone will perform better.   

It's not like the Colts have no talent.  With Luck and a solid offensive line, the Colts could threaten for a 10-win season or more. Vujnovich was so awful so often with his blocking that the left side of the line often collapsed.  With AC, Nelson and Kelly, that should be a very solid and possibly elite blocking unit.  Between Smith JM and Slauson, the RG and RT positions should be solid if not spectacular.  

2 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I like the optimism but do you think Luck is going to actually throw 40+ touchdowns? He currently is still not throwing an actual football and it's May. It would be amazing to see him "shake the rust off" and throw 40+, though.

While I was having fun with my previous post, I think Luck will be fine. He isn't throwing not because he can't but because they are strictly following a rehab/prehab programme. Luck has a great football IQ, and even had a fantastic season (4,200 yards, 31 tds, 13 ints) with greatly diminished arm strength than previous seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A8bil said:

No way.  Any one not impressed with the colts offseason are simply not knowledgeable about football.  Shoring up the offensive line is THE most important thing you can do to produce wins.  A solid OL gives your QB more time and not make hurried throws, it lets receivers run deeper more complex routes, it allows your running game to move the chains...all of which leads to more sustained drives, which in turn keeps the defense off the field and more rested.  Everyone will perform better.   

It's not like the Colts have no talent.  With Luck and a solid offensive line, the Colts could threaten for a 10-win season or more. Vujnovich was so awful so often with his blocking that the left side of the line often collapsed.  With AC, Nelson and Kelly, that should be a very solid and possibly elite blocking unit.  Between Smith JM and Slauson, the RG and RT positions should be solid if not spectacular.  

I agree. I did say in the media's eyes the Colts did nothing.

However I wouldn't say elite blocking for the Colts O-line. But they do have a chance to be good. IF healthy and that's is highly unlikely. It is the Indianapolis Colts we're talking about and quality starters are injured year in and year out.

6 hours ago, Surge89 said:

Agreed.  This talk of 8 and 8 being our hopeful floor is rediculous. With Luck we are at minimum a 10 win team.  Our division just doesn't have the fire power to keep up with a healthy luck save maybe Houston.  

In the good old days when 5 or 6 division wins were almost a given, we could probably count on 10 wins with Luck. Those days are past. 3-3 in our division would be an achievement this year.

4 minutes ago, azcolt said:

In the good old days when 5 or 6 division wins were almost a given, we could probably count on 10 wins with Luck. Those days are past. 3-3 in our division would be an achievement this year.

I disagree.  No matter how good defenses are luck account for a tremendous amount of offensive pressure and he will have a reinforced oline this time.  Mariota and Bortles couldn't hope to keep up with Luck.  There's a reason why Tennessee was a whopping boy for all this years.  The only worry is Houston.  Whom still has to prove they can beat a Luck led team with Watson. 

I'd say 4 to 5 wins is to be expected if Luck is healthy.   And then on top of that we play the Jets Bills and Dolphins.  That's already 8 high percentage games and we match up well with Seattle.  Bengals and Skins both will be worried when they play us....  That's 11 already.  

Are we going to go out and blowout NE and Philly?  No.  But our schedule isn't all that good and we have the best QB in our division when healthy.  Even when Luck was gimping through the season he owned our division.  I don't expect that to change. 

With Luck they are likely middle of the pack unless some of these rookies just light it up.  Most likely will be 9-7 / 8-8

Without Luck they are a bottom 5 team.  

We won’t know for months which team they will be.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Lol who gives a crap about any of these pre season #’s .... it’s all worthless.

True. It makes no sense to even discuss a season that is four months away. We should both leave until September. You first.