krunk

CJ Anderson To Be Released

Recommended Posts

broncos-35.png  Broncos | C.J. Anderson released    Mon Apr 16, 10:40 AM

Denver Broncos RB C.J. Anderson will be released Monday, April 16, according to a source.

Link to story
C.J. Anderson player page

 

 

I think CJ is a possible fit for us.  Think we need a back like CJ as he's a good compliment for Mack

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

......or we could see how anxious Chicago is willing to give up Jordan Howard.  Younger, bigger, more productive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. I wouldn't mind picking him up(depending on how much it costs) and postponing drafting a RB for when we are a bit closer to a complete team. IMO RB should be one of the last pieces you add to push you over the hump rather than spending a high pick on one while you are still in the early stages of building up your roster. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yeah. I wouldn't mind picking him up(depending on how much it costs) and postponing drafting a RB for when we are a bit closer to a complete team. IMO RB should be one of the last pieces you add to push you over the hump rather than spending a high pick on one while you are still in the early stages of building up your roster. 

My thoughts the same.  If we could keep from having to draft  a back, then we could double up on one of the other positions like OL, ILB, DE or something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yeah. I wouldn't mind picking him up(depending on how much it costs) and postponing drafting a RB for when we are a bit closer to a complete team. IMO RB should be one of the last pieces you add to push you over the hump rather than spending a high pick on one while you are still in the early stages of building up your roster. 

He's a perfect character fit for our locker room also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

......or we could see how anxious Chicago is willing to give up Jordan Howard.  Younger, bigger, more productive.

CJ is much better in the passing game than Howard.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, krunk said:

CJ is much better in the passing game than Howard.

I get that, but we have Mack.  CJ just seems redundant.  Howard could be the workhorse runner.  Besides, I've never been a fan of Anderson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I get that, but we have Mack.  CJ just seems redundant.  Howard could be the workhorse runner.  Besides, I've never been a fan of Anderson.

How is CJ redudant if Jordan Howard is offering the same thing as CJ minus being able to catch?  CJ is a workhorse back.  And Jordan Howard still plays for the Bears.  He's still on that team.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, krunk said:

broncos-35.png  Broncos | C.J. Anderson released    Mon Apr 16, 10:40 AM

Denver Broncos RB C.J. Anderson will be released Monday, April 16, according to a source.

Link to story
C.J. Anderson player page

 

 

I think CJ is a possible fit for us.  Think we need a back like CJ as he's a good compliment for Mack

Bring him in on an incentive favored contract. This will give us more picks to to address other areas of need. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CJ Ran all over our defense last year in that Denver game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He wouldn't even cost a comp pick, would he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this would be a good spot for Ballard to open up the wallet.   It would be a good fit in a couple ways.

We wouldn't have to use a draft pick.    It would give Mack the opportunity to grow.  

Anderson seems like a good character guy.  

693 carries, 103 receptions and only 4 fumbles in his career.

Been in the league for 5 years and hasn't been overused. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully Ballard still has that Denver game from 2017 fresh in his memory. Just think he's a good fit for what we are running.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, buccolts said:

He wouldn't even cost a comp pick, would he?

 

Nope. Broncos released him so he doesn't count towards any compensatory picks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Had over 1000 yards last year. I'd take him.

 

Agreed. He's only 27 so he does have about three to four more effective years left. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine Miami will be a team that would like to give him a look. They signed him to the offer sheet that Denver matched....and they since traded Ajai. I'm not sure what type of running back style we would like to bring in....if he would complement the offense but there are worse alternatives for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I imagine Miami will be a team that would like to give him a look. They signed him to the offer sheet that Denver matched....and they since traded Ajai. I'm not sure what type of running back style we would like to bring in....if he would complement the offense but there are worse alternatives for sure.

I'm hoping that Miami's signing of Gore takes them out of the CJ Anderson bids.     Drake also did well for them, averaging 4.8 YPC on 133 carries and 32 receptions. 

 

Apparently he is a very good pass blocker which should be big for the Colts.   I don't quite understand the metrics, but....

Anderson’s elusive ranking ranked 11th, while his pass blocking efficiency was the best in the NFL by a wide margin. PFF’s “Pass Blocking Efficiency” rating for Anderson was 97.4, a full two points above the second best running back on the list.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm hoping that Miami's signing of Gore takes them out of the CJ Anderson bids.     Drake also did well for them, averaging 4.8 YPC on 133 carries and 32 receptions. 

 

Apparently he is a very good pass blocker which should be big for the Colts.   I don't quite understand the metrics, but....

Anderson’s elusive ranking ranked 11th, while his pass blocking efficiency was the best in the NFL by a wide margin. PFF’s “Pass Blocking Efficiency” rating for Anderson was 97.4, a full two points above the second best running back on the list.

 

He learnt from the best, Peyton, to pass block at a high level. Remember how Peyton brought Addai along in his rookie year once Addai put in the time?? I think he would be a very good signing. But knowing Ballard, he probably will low ball him and we won't sign him. :( 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, krunk said:

How is CJ redudant if Jordan Howard is offering the same thing as CJ minus being able to catch?  CJ is a workhorse back.  And Jordan Howard still plays for the Bears.  He's still on that team.

Right..we're unlikely to get Jordan Howard..

Anderson made $4.5 mil and ran for 1,000 yards I'd give him 3 years at that price. He';s a hard runner and complimentary to Mack...  Denver didn't cut him because they didn't like him

They cut him to get the $4.5 mil....They're close to the cap

 

We have the money....Andrew will thank us if we do this

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Right..we're unlikely to get Jordan Howard..

Anderson made $4.5 mil and ran for 1,000 yards I'd give him 3 years at that price. He';s a hard runner and complimentary to Mack...  Denver didn't cut him because they didn't like him

They cut him to get the $4.5 mil....They're close to the cap

 

We have the money....Andrew will thank us if we do this

I agree.  He's young enough and doesn't have many miles on the legs.   With Mack, he still won't get tired.   I think Ballard would be missing a great thing if he doesn't get this guy.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm hoping that Miami's signing of Gore takes them out of the CJ Anderson bids.     Drake also did well for them, averaging 4.8 YPC on 133 carries and 32 receptions. 

 

Apparently he is a very good pass blocker which should be big for the Colts.   I don't quite understand the metrics, but....

Anderson’s elusive ranking ranked 11th, while his pass blocking efficiency was the best in the NFL by a wide margin. PFF’s “Pass Blocking Efficiency” rating for Anderson was 97.4, a full two points above the second best running back on the list.

I forgot about the Gore deal. Good call. I knew they were cap strapped but that probably takes them out of the running. 

Those are some good numbers for CJ. This is a great running back class...I think we want a younger back but for a 2 yr deal I’d be ok with CJ. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pass. He will cost some $.

Infact, we should release all our RB's and have none on the roster. That will add 4 additional roster spots for OL and Defense!

haha

 

:sarcasm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Right..we're unlikely to get Jordan Howard..

Anderson made $4.5 mil and ran for 1,000 yards I'd give him 3 years at that price. He';s a hard runner and complimentary to Mack...  Denver didn't cut him because they didn't like him

They cut him to get the $4.5 mil....They're close to the cap

 

We have the money....Andrew will thank us if we do this

Yup I hope Ballard reaches out to him. It would be cool if we didn't have to draft a back. Clearly Indy is a place he'd get plenty of playing time. He and Mack together I like.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, krunk said:

How is CJ redudant if Jordan Howard is offering the same thing as CJ minus being able to catch?  CJ is a workhorse back.  And Jordan Howard still plays for the Bears.  He's still on that team.

I was meaning more redundant to Mack.  Both smaller, can catch, speedier backs.  Howard is more the bigger, plodding, bell-cow who can chew up yards and get tough yards. 

 

I know Howard is still with the Bears, but reports out of Chicago are they would like to move him. 

 

Eh, whatever, this team needs so much I'm not against it.  I just wouldn't give up a ton of the cap to get him.  And either way I'd still draft one somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I was meaning more redundant to Mack.  Both smaller, can catch, speedier backs.  Howard is more the bigger, plodding, bell-cow who can chew up yards and get tough yards. 

 

I know Howard is still with the Bears, but reports out of Chicago are they would like to move him. 

 

Eh, whatever, this team needs so much I'm not against it.  I just wouldn't give up a ton of the cap to get him.  And either way I'd still draft one somewhere.

 

It's not like we are close to the cap limit, and he would be a good bridge back to either mack steps up like he says or we get a back in a later draft

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be for signing him. However, he'll probably have several teams interested, so Indy might not be on the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I was meaning more redundant to Mack.  Both smaller, can catch, speedier backs.  Howard is more the bigger, plodding, bell-cow who can chew up yards and get tough yards. 

 

I know Howard is still with the Bears, but reports out of Chicago are they would like to move him. 

 

Eh, whatever, this team needs so much I'm not against it.  I just wouldn't give up a ton of the cap to get him.  And either way I'd still draft one somewhere.

AZ;

I think CJ is closer to Howard than he is to Mack in playing style...

We have the money to pay a RB $4.5 mil for 2 or 3 (3rd year not guaranteed, of course)

 

He's experienced....doesn't fumble....good pass blocker...

We can still draft a young RB.....but this guy can help out Andrew a lot next season...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should definitely sign this guy. He comes up big in clutch moments and he's a very competent, reliable back.

 

 

The Bears would be dumb to let Howard walk and he would probably be too expensive for us anyways.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, krunk said:

Bears | Jordan Howard won't be traded    Tue Apr 17, 02:27 PM

Chicago Bears RB Jordan Howard's agent said the Bears will not be trading their star running back.

Link to story
Jordan Howard player page

OK, well there goes that idea.  Either that or they are hoping to drive up the price for draft night.  Either way it doesn't look like my wet dream will come true.  LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:52 AM, colt18 said:

We should definitely sign this guy. He comes up big in clutch moments and he's a very competent, reliable back.

 

 

The Bears would be dumb to let Howard walk and he would probably be too expensive for us anyways.

You said it ...C-18!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On April 16, 2018 at 1:47 PM, krunk said:

CJ Ran all over our defense last year in that Denver game.

Uh huh. He sure did. Plus, CJ runs well in the snow too. I'd be satisfied with adding him as the primary, grind it out workhorse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.