How many more wins will we get?

runthepost

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vegas has us as underdogs for every game remaining. I say Luck comes back for 2 or 3 games at the end of the season to show his arm health in an effort to make our HC position more attractive for prospective candidates.

With that in mind, I say we win 1 more game this season with AL back.

Who knows...there have been some crazy games this season with teams winning games they probably shouldn't have won, or even have a small chance of winning going into the game.

I'm not focused on wins at this point, I just want to see effort, some individual improvement and keeping people off the injury report.  Sure, we've lost games, lost confidence in the coaching staff (an ongoing trend), Pagano has lost the locker room, but some of the players lost to serious injury that can affect us beyond this season is really concerning.  I know we're not the only team in the league suffering serious injuries, but it seems we have more than our fair share.

13 hours ago, MTC said:

Rest of the schedule predictions: 

@ Bengals L

@ Texans L

vs. Steelers L

vs. Titans W

@ Jaguars L

@ Bills L

vs. Broncos L

@ Ravens W

vs. Texans L

I have the Colts going 4-12.

Winning any of those games looks like a big stretch right now.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:49 AM, Barry Sears said:

Who knows...there have been some crazy games this season with teams winning games they probably shouldn't have won, or even have a small chance of winning going into the game.

I'm not focused on wins at this point, I just want to see effort, some individual improvement and keeping people off the injury report.  Sure, we've lost games, lost confidence in the coaching staff (an ongoing trend), Pagano has lost the locker room, but some of the players lost to serious injury that can affect us beyond this season is really concerning.  I know we're not the only team in the league suffering serious injuries, but it seems we have more than our fair share.

Just how do you know that Pagano has lost this locker room?  You in there much?

6 minutes ago, colt18 said:

hopefully none

We need to fully support Luck when he comes back, we need to get the highest draft pick we can get. Boot Pags, get a new head coach with some damn sense, draft the BPA and get this rebuild going.

Are you serious? Insulting Pagano just shows your lack of seeing and understanding what and why things happen.

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Agree or disagree IMO for any fan to want their team to lose is not much of a fan. It's a losers mentality.

Thank you! 

A "fan" is supposedly a fanatic of the team.  So that means they should have excessive or extreme passion for the team.  So how do many on this very forum act when we have a hard year?  We should tank...  This is the opposite of fan to me.  Having a team winning each weekend is what a fan hopes for, not losing for a glorified pick.  

I hope whatever picks and moves we make next year really helps this team because I would hate to see these "fans" having to deal with another down year.  

11 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Thank you! 

A "fan" is supposedly a fanatic of the team.  So that means they should have excessive or extreme passion for the team.  So how do many on this very forum act when we have a hard year?  We should tank...  This is the opposite of fan to me.  Having a team winning each weekend is what a fan hopes for, not losing for a glorified pick.  

I hope whatever picks and moves we make next year really helps this team because I would hate to see these "fans" having to deal with another down year.  

I think there is a big difference between wanting the team to "tank" and hoping they lose, as a fan.

I don't think it is wrong for a fan to want to look to the future.  The difference between having the 3rd pick in each round and having the 14th pick in each round is significant.  

13 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think there is a big difference between wanting the team to "tank" and hoping they lose, as a fan.

I don't think it is wrong for a fan to want to look to the future.  The difference between having the 3rd pick in each round and having the 14th pick in each round is significant.  

Winning is winning.  As a fan I hope to win.  YOU say that the pick is significant, yet there are teams that do just fine each year picking at the end of each round.  No pick is guaranteed and a GM and organization you can build a team with picks regardless of where they are each round.  

15 minutes ago, Myles said:

That logic is way too hard to understand on this forum lol

27 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Winning is winning.  As a fan I hope to win.  YOU say that the pick is significant, yet there are teams that do just fine each year picking at the end of each round.  No pick is guaranteed and a GM and organization you can build a team with picks regardless of where they are each round.  

I don't often post on this forum anymore, but when I do, I give props to someone who clearly "gets it".  Thank you, and above all, stay thirsty my Colt fan friend.

Well.. we can beat Savage again at home. I say one more game 4-12. Pitt, Denver, Baltimore (the other 3 of 5 teams that have OWNED the AFC) will handle us easily I feel. Even Denver..

Titians will handle us

I do not like going up to Buffalo

At Jags won't be pretty.

As long as Savage plays.. we can win

2 hours ago, Myles said:

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

That logic is way too hard to understand on this forum lol

There is no evidence that having a high pick in the draft makes a team better. If that was the case the Browns or the Bengals would have a few rings. My God Brady was taken in the what 4th round?  Most all you greater players in history come from later rounds. Some great players wasn't even drafted at all.

It defies logic for a fan to want their team to lose. This is not basketball or Madden.

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Just commenting on that last part. It's so not true but every year people preach it.

Picking high doesn't mean you get a better player.

Trent Richardson, Ryan Leaf and many others say hello...

10 minutes ago, IinD said:

Just commenting on that last part. It's so not true but every year people preach it.

Picking high doesn't mean you get a better player.

Trent Richardson, Ryan Leaf and many others say hello...

Actually picking higher with a good FO does make a difference all anyone every says is "look at the browns" guess what the browns are the worst run organization in sports history there is a big difference between us picking in the top 5 and them 

24 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Actually picking higher with a good FO does make a difference all anyone every says is "look at the browns" guess what the browns are the worst run organization in sports history there is a big difference between us picking in the top 5 and them 

Our entire 2000's teams consisted of one top 10 pick. 

Pats haven't picked top 5 in forever.

You can keep that logic, it's not for me honestly.

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Are you serious? Insulting Pagano just shows your lack of seeing and understanding what and why things happen.

Yes I'm serious.

Lack of understanding? Pags is a bottom 5 coach in the league and displays that every single game. I have no idea why you cape for the team like they havent completely ruined a potential championship team. I'm not sorry that I won't support any and every dumb move this team makes...

And wishing for a better draft position to support Luck is a "losers mentality"? But you want the team to win games even though we aren't a contender this year? Who really has a "losers mentality" here?

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

There is no evidence that having a high pick in the draft makes a team better. If that was the case the Browns or the Bengals would have a few rings. My God Brady was taken in the what 4th round?  Most all you greater players in history come from later rounds. Some great players wasn't even drafted at all.

It defies logic for a fan to want their team to lose. This is not basketball or Madden.

You are cherry-picking exceptions.   We all know there are exceptions.   

As a whole, a team gets a better player the higher the draft pick.   I'd like to see the Colts have the best odds.  

Players drafted and in the HOF since 1980:

28 were taken in the top 10.   10 were taken outside the top 10.   Which is the better odds?   Not even close.   On average, you get better players the higher your draft picks are.   How can you even argue against that?  If a team has a player they want to take in the 2nd round.   Do they have a better chance of getting him if they have the 3rd pick in that round or the 14th pick in that round?

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

You are cherry-picking exceptions.   We all know there are exceptions.   

As a whole, a team gets a better player the higher the draft pick.   I'd like to see the Colts have the best odds.  

Players drafted and in the HOF since 1980:

28 were taken in the top 10.   10 were taken outside the top 10.   Which is the better odds?   Not even close.   On average, you get better players the higher your draft picks are.   How can you even argue against that?  If a team has a player they want to take in the 2nd round.   Do they have a better chance of getting him if they have the 3rd pick in that round or the 14th pick in that round?

So who is cherry picking? To field a winning team having HOF players does not automatically bring wins. OJ Simpson and Barry Sanders are both in the HOF but played for losing teams. The HOF is full of great players but played for losing teams. HOF is for individual players. Good drafted players are for winning teams.

Most of the team is going to play to win. Why? Because they know they may get released from the team after this year. For the rest of the season it will be an audition process to catch the attention of scouts and pick up lucrative deals. 

I understand the reasoning for why there are those who want to lose out and get a high draft pick. But teams don't work that way. If we were truly tanking this year, then why even pick up Brissett, knowing full well that Tolzien is perhaps the worst QB in the market? 

Winning sells. Losing doesn't.

I'm not losing sleep over if this team wins or loses this season. My expectations are at the "meh" level. 

44 minutes ago, IinD said:

Our entire 2000's teams consisted of one top 10 pick. 

Pats haven't picked top 5 in forever.

You can keep that logic, it's not for me honestly.

Pats also have the best coach in the NFL and a system that can be successful even with scrubs we don't have this luxury 

23 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So who is cherry picking? To field a winning team having HOF players does not automatically bring wins. OJ Simpson and Barry Sanders are both in the HOF but played for losing teams. The HOF is full of great players but played for losing teams. HOF is for individual players. Good drafted players are for winning teams.

You are right.   The Colts would have been just as good had they had the 14th pick in the 1998 draft.