Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Add 2 players to the Colts- 1 on offense and 1 on defense

RockThatBlue

7 minutes ago, BOTT said:

That would be people with common sense

that is an OPINION not a fact.  running backs have the potential to impact the game as much as anyone other than a QB.  an elite back vs an average or good one can easily make the difference in a super bowl run.

marshawn lynch is a perfect recent example, the seahawks dont win sh** without him, and should have given it to him for a second.

the only knock against them is they dont last as long, but i dont care if an elite back gives us 5 good years and we win a SB. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

besides, an elite back would be a bigger upgrade over what we have, than getting a WR or TE.  you could make a case for Oline or even QB here though.  Aaron Rodgers would be an upgrade

on topic- i'll go with JJ Watt and Gurley

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

that is an OPINION not a fact.  running backs have the potential to impact the game as much as anyone other than a QB.  an elite back vs an average or good one can easily make the difference in a super bowl run.

marshawn lynch is a perfect recent example, the seahawks dont win sh** without him, and should have given it to him for a second.

the only knock against them is they dont last as long, but i dont care if an elite back gives us 5 good years and we win a SB. 

Of course it's an opinion....I don't think that needed pointing out.

but I pretty much disagree with everything you said other than they don't last long.  But we can agree to disagree.

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

Of course it's an opinion....I don't think that needed pointing out.

but I pretty much disagree with everything you said other than they don't last long.  But we can agree to disagree.

it needed pointed out because you said it was common sense

15 hours ago, akcolt said:

O-I'd take Gronk not sure anyone has figured out what to do with him or if there is anything to do with him. He has no peer. He's like having a position that no one else has. 

D- I thought about Miller or Houston coming off the edge. Why not just take the guy who impacts the game the most JJ Watt is a no brainer. 

There is a ridiculous amount of talent there in those 2 players .

21 minutes ago, B~Town said:

There is a ridiculous amount of talent there in those 2 players .

Those 2 guys added to any team with a top QB would be ridiculous. JJ is the most consistently disruptive player on the defensive side of the ball. He was an easy choice. 

The O was different. There are a handful of players that could make a big difference. You could go OBJ Dez there are a couple more WR's that would make an impact. RB's there isn't a lot of difference past Bell and Gurley. There's no Marshall Faulk do it all guy out there. 

When you look at Gronk he is the clear cut head and shoulders above everyone player at TE. I'd put Olsen 2nd but not a close second. Gronk gives you something no one else has. The guy is a monster catching blocking YAC you name it 

10 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

This and it ain't even close.

The best players at their respective positions, ever. And they're crucial positions.

Cant argue with this. Except I will.

Von Miller and Gronk. While Watt is undeniably great, he isn't the pure pass rush threat that Miller is. And the Colts need a dominant pass rusher. Gronk....simply the best pure offensive weapon out there who is not a QB. These two make the biggest difference on this team.

1 minute ago, Hoose said:

Von Miller and Gronk. While Watt is undeniably great, he isn't the pure pass rush threat that Miller is. And the Colts need a dominant pass rusher. Gronk....simply the best pure offensive weapon out there who is not a QB. These two make the biggest difference on this team.

Watt is a better pass rusher than Miller plus better run defender

5 minutes ago, Hoose said:

What? Not a pure pass rush? 17.5 sacks doesn't spell pure pass rush?

2 hours ago, Hoose said:

Watt gets more sacks, hits, hurries yearly than Miller and he's playing on the inside where it's considerably more difficult to rack up such stats. Nice effort.

5 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Until,this year he was pretty forgettable in the playoffs.

Yeah I almost added that in my Post but he played so great against the Patriots and the Panthers who both were favored to beat them that those 2 games alone were enough to show me he is bigtime. Miller is the main reason why the Broncos won the SB. He was out with an injury in 2013 and the Seahawks smoked them in the SB. Makes me wonder if that SB wouldn't have been closer if he had been healthy and played.

18 hours ago, Dustin said:

JJ Watt and Antonio Brown

I thought about picking AB as well. Could you imagine our speed at WR? Dorsett TY Moncrief and AB running sets together? What a total nightmare that would be for secondaries. There would always be someone running open.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I almost added that in my Post but he played so great against the Patriots and the Panthers who both were favored to beat them that those 2 games alone were enough to show me he is bigtime. Miller is the main reason why the Broncos won the SB. He was out with an injury in 2013 and the Seahawks smoked them in the SB. Makes me wonder if that SB wouldn't have been closer if he had been healthy and played.

Im not questioning Miller, the guy is obviously a stud.....just Watt is in a league of his own.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Watt has had the better career and if I was ranking all-time players I would rank him ahead of Miller, I just loved what Miller showed me last season during the Playoffs

Watt is the best defensive player I have ever seen.

6 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Watt is the best defensive player I have ever seen.

He has an argument for that based on his career, he is Top 5 at worse. Players like Reggie White, Bruce Smith, LT, Ray Lewis are in that mix too but JJ is a beast. My initial Post of taking Miller as my Defensive player was really based on what he did in the Playoffs and we are in desperate need of a fast Pass Rusher. JJ can do it all, as in Pass Rush and stop the run. I would love to have either. Just like I almost chose Gronk as my Offensive player but I went Tyron Smith to help protect Andrew even more. I initially chose Peterson but I changed my mind. The O.Line and D.Line control games basically.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He has an argument for that based on his career, he is Top 5 at worse. Players like Reggie White, Bruce Smith, LT, Ray Lewis are in that mix too but JJ is a beast. My initial Post of taking Miller as my Defensive player was really based on what he did in the Playoffs and we are in desperate need of a fast Pass Rusher. JJ can do it all, as in Pass Rush and stop the run. I would love to have either. Just like I almost chose Gronk as my Offensive player but I went Tyron Smith to help protect Andrew even more. I initially chose Peterson but I changed my mind. The O.Line and D.Line control games basically.

Really the only argument for Miller over Watt is how much longer they will likely be playing .

7 minutes ago, B~Town said:

Really the only argument for Miller over Watt is how much longer they will likely be playing .

I had to look this up but both are 27 and JJ's b-Day is March 22nd, Von's March 26th. They are basically excatly the same age. It will be interesting to see who does play longer.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had to look this up but both are 27 and JJ's b-Day is March 22nd, Von's March 26th. They are basically excatly the same age. It will be interesting to see who does play longer.

Watt talking about retiring soon is where my train of thought was in the above post .

3 minutes ago, B~Town said:

In the interview seemed injuries were adding up and taking the fun out of the game .

Yeah that would stink! I cant believe guys like Reggie White and Bruce Smith played like it seemed forever. Some players can do it and some cant. Ray Lewis played 17 seasons as well.

Leveon Bell on offense - Our weakest position on offense is RB, get an RB who can do it all.  Sure there are more dominate players but Bell would make us a more rounded offense.

Also considered

McCoy - Left out due to age and wear and tear

Gurley - Left out due to being more of a power runner.  Does not seem to have as much pass catching abilities as Bell

Gronk - Left out due to greater need at RB.  But at the same time he is more dominate.  

JJ Watt - While DL isn't our weakest position on D, Watt is just so far ahead of other defensive players in dominance to pass him up for a LB or DB.

Also considered 

Mack - JJ Watt just too dominate

Von Miller - Again while a great player and pass rusher I find it impossible to turn down JJ Watt just because of how far ahead of other defensive players he is.  

Le'veon Bell (was tempted to go with Gronk, but a young elite running back would do so much for an offense that continues to struggle running the ball)

Von Miller- We need pass rush and Miller just has the right age/talent combo to make him tantalizing.