Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Add 2 players to the Colts- 1 on offense and 1 on defense

RockThatBlue

On May 20, 2016 at 11:32 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah that would stink! I cant believe guys like Reggie White and Bruce Smith played like it seemed forever. Some players can do it and some cant. Ray Lewis played 17 seasons as well.

I would not discount the $$ factor. You make an insane amount now. Whites big contract when he left Philly for GB in 93 4 yrs 17 M. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, AndyColt said:

I would want to have 2 defensive guy's replace arthur Jones with 

StephenTuitt  6'6 305 pounds and  Kahlil Mac........

If you could hand select 2 players from any team in the league,  tuitt would be 1 of your 2?   You must be a bigger ND homer than I am

Zack Martin - RG is the weakest spot on O, now one of the strongest.  Allows guys like Good, Clark, Haeg, and Reitz to be true Tackles while Martin, Mewhort and Kelly anchor the interior.

Marcus Peters - This gives the Colts a lockdown CB on both sides of the field, and effectively shrinks the field down to "the box".  If the D takes away the two best WRs from the other team, this makes it a lot easier for the LBs and D-Linemen when they don't have to work "in space", and the safeties have an easier job of getting to the ball when it doesn't really leave "the box".

Both are already pro-bowlers at a very young age and could be building blocks for the future.  I wouldn't be surprised if both these guys end up being the consensus "best" player from their respective drafts.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 6:09 PM, BOTT said:

You really wouldn't select a guard would you?

Why not?  The QB having time to find an open receiver and the RB having a hole to run through are predicated on good OLine play.  The OLine blocking pass rushers and opening running lanes is not predicated on how good the skill players are.

5 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Why not?  The QB having time to find an open receiver and the RB having a hole to run through are predicated on good OLine play.  The OLine blocking pass rushers and opening running lanes is not predicated on how good the skill players are.

Because you have the entire league to chose from and to chose a guard is......is not smart.  Taking someone like Tyron Smith would do so much more for your Oline than a guard.  

Zack Martin - RG is the weakest spot on O, now one of the strongest.  Allows guys like Good, Clark, Haeg, and Reitz to be true Tackles while Martin, Mewhort and Kelly anchor the interior.

Marcus Peters - This gives the Colts a lockdown CB on both sides of the field, and effectively shrinks the field down to "the box".  If the D takes away the two best WRs from the other team, this makes it a lot easier for the LBs and D-Linemen when they don't have to work "in space", and the safeties have an easier job of getting to the ball when it doesn't really leave "the box".

Both are already pro-bowlers at a very young age and could be building blocks for the future.  I wouldn't be surprised if both these guys end up being the consensus "best" player from their respective drafts.

Good lord, this is horrible.

For the offense I guess I'd go with Gronk.

For the D I'll go with Von Miller. As much as it pains me to not chose the arguably best player in the NFL in JJ Watt, I just think Miller might be the right choice for our team.  But if I'm starting a D from scratch, it's Watt no questions asked. 

9 hours ago, BOTT said:

Because you have the entire league to chose from and to chose a guard is......is not smart.  Taking someone like Tyron Smith would do so much more for your Oline than a guard.  

9 hours ago, BOTT said:

Good lord, this is horrible.

We're talking about adding players to the current Colts roster right?  Not building a team from scratch.  If we're building a team from scratch, Watt, Miller, Mack, Gronk, and Tyron Smith all day.  But let me point out something, I've noticed nobody has seriously said we should add Aaron Rodgers or Cam Newton or Tom Brady to the Colts roster.  Why? Because QB is not a position of need for this team.  We've got Luck at QB, so adding a QB doesn't really make sense, no matter how much better they are than Luck.  That's my argument against Watt, Gronk, Miller, and Tyron Smith.  We already have Anderson/Langford (not elite, but good) Dwayne Allen (not elite, but good), Mathis (less elite than before, but still good) and Castanzo (close to elite).  So, IMO, DE, OLB, TE, and T are not positions where we can improve the team the most.

(Side note, Martin played T in college, so he is not a "pure guard" but plays it so well, and at such a young age)

RG and CB2 are the biggest weaknesses on this team IMO.  Which means those two positions have the most room for improvement.  I think Martin is more of an improvement over Thornton than Tyron is over Castanzo or Gronk is over Allen.  I think Peters is more of an improvement over Robinson/Butler than Watt is over Langford/Anderson or Miller/Mack is over Mathis/Cole.

What did the last 3 SB winners have in common? A very good CB duo that helped the front seven be more effective.  Sherman and Browner, Revis and Browner, Talib and Harris.  Browner had a bad year in New Orleans, but helped win 2 SBs as a good CB2.

My opinion is horrible?

Well+thats+just+like+your+opinion+man.jp

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

We're talking about adding players to the current Colts roster right?  Not building a team from scratch.  If we're building a team from scratch, Watt, Miller, Mack, Gronk, and Tyron Smith all day.  But let me point out something, I've noticed nobody has seriously said we should add Aaron Rodgers or Cam Newton or Tom Brady to the Colts roster.  Why? Because QB is not a position of need for this team.  We've got Luck at QB, so adding a QB doesn't really make sense, no matter how much better they are than Luck.  That's my argument against Watt, Gronk, Miller, and Tyron Smith.  We already have Anderson/Langford (not elite, but good) Dwayne Allen (not elite, but good), Mathis (less elite than before, but still good) and Castanzo (close to elite).  So, IMO, DE, OLB, TE, and T are not positions where we can improve the team the most.

(Side note, Martin played T in college, so he is not a "pure guard" but plays it so well, and at such a young age)

RG and CB2 are the biggest weaknesses on this team IMO.  Which means those two positions have the most room for improvement.  I think Martin is more of an improvement over Thornton than Tyron is over Castanzo or Gronk is over Allen.  I think Peters is more of an improvement over Robinson/Butler than Watt is over Langford/Anderson or Miller/Mack is over Mathis/Cole.

What did the last 3 SB winners have in common? A very good CB duo that helped the front seven be more effective.  Sherman and Browner, Revis and Browner, Talib and Harris.  Browner had a bad year in New Orleans, but helped win 2 SBs as a good CB2.

My opinion is horrible?

That was far too long of a response for such a simple subject.  I typically don't read posts of that length.  No offense.

9 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA.  You are lazy.

Your opinion is horrible.

Is that a better, more concise response?

Yes. Yes it is.  I doubt you added anything that hasn't been said a million times by other forum members.....that's why I don't read long responses......it's usually just regurgitated/common knowledge info.

12 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

My opinion is horrible?

That is a very long comment for a subject that is a fantasy issue. It has no reality to it and you want to argue about it? Wow.

5 hours ago, BOTT said:

Yes. Yes it is.  I doubt you added anything that hasn't been said a million times by other forum members.....that's why I don't read long responses......it's usually just regurgitated/common knowledge info.

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is a very long comment for a subject that is a fantasy issue. It has no reality to it and you want to argue about it? Wow.

HAHA! Wow, sorry for wasting so much of your precious time guys.  :facepalm:

I guess, thanks for keeping your responses so short?  At least you only wasted 5 sec of my time as opposed to the 30 sec I apparently wasted of yours...

I'll try to be more like BOTT from now on and just post 1-2 sentence insults when I don't agree with someone.  :hat:

I guess, thanks for keeping your responses so short?  At least you only wasted 5 sec of my time as opposed to the 30 sec I apparently wasted of yours...

I'll try to be more like BOTT from now on and just post 1-2 sentence insults when I don't agree with someone.  :hat:

I agree with your last sentence 

It was you who wasted so much time writing up a mini novel on something that is not even real. :thmup:

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

It was you who wasted so much time writing up a mini novel on something that is not even real. :thmup:

Pardon me for defending my opinion when someone called it "horrible".  I thought maybe they just needed a better explanation for why I picked those players instead of who they picked.  You guys could have just skipped over my "long" post, but you decided to read and respond.

I was being sarcastic, I don't think this is a waste of time.  I think this kind of "what would you do?" exercise is fun.  We're choosing to do this right?  You chose to read and respond, so if anything, you wasted your own time.

:dunno: