Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

greg toler

jim scheurich

17 minutes ago, jim scheurich said:

colts free agent watch has greg toler on it. I don't mean any disrespect to the man, but I think we can find a better corner for a descent price. thoughts?

The fact that he's on the "free agent watch" should not be interpreted that the Colts are hot to re-sign him.

They do one of these profiles for all their free agents.     

It's just a conversation piece.

The vast majority of posters here are ready to move on to a different cornerback.

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The fact that he's on the "free agent watch" should not be interpreted that the Colts are hot to re-sign him.

They do one of these profiles for all their free agents.     

It's just a conversation piece.

The vast majority of posters here are ready to move on to a different cornerback.

I'm new to the game(forum) not surprised people are looking elsewhere.

LOL. This means nothing. He's definitely not coming back/ He'll probably go back to Arizona or somewhere dirt cheap on a 1year deal. We'll probably sign a big time impact free agent like Smith, Jenkins, Johnson, or Hayward. Or draft our other starting CB in the 1st

1 hour ago, jim scheurich said:

colts free agent watch has greg toler on it. I don't mean any disrespect to the man, but I think we can find a better corner for a descent price. thoughts?

If he was willing to come for like 900k a year and play 4th string maybe but he is worst than Jason David and nick Harper era 

50 minutes ago, jim scheurich said:

I'm new to the game(forum) not surprised people are looking elsewhere.

I understand you're new.      We were all new once!      No worries, it's all good.

Hope you enjoy the website....    it can be a bit....   addictive!

Toler played well for us in his 3 years. He wasn't the best, but he dam sure wasn't the worse. If only he knew how to attack the ball in mid-air. Always in perfect position, but never made the play.

Time to grab a more athletic corner to complement Vontae Davis.

I think Toler could be a productive player in a defense with a great pass rush that takes some of the pressure off of him on the outside. Unfortunately, the Colts don't have that, and he was exposed on a weekly basis. Injuries also didn't help. I don't think he's resigned, but even if they bring in an absolute shutdown CB to replace him, thinks won't be that much better without an effective pass rush.

12 hours ago, Solon said:

Toler played well for us in his 3 years. He wasn't the best, but he dam sure wasn't the worse. If only he knew how to attack the ball in mid-air. Always in perfect position, but never made the play.

Thats what makes him suck so badly how are you always in perfect position so often and fail to look for the ball nor get a hand up and on the plays where  he doesn't need to grab someone he always does 

14 hours ago, Solon said:

Toler is terrible. He chased receivers all of the field without covering them.

17 hours ago, Solon said:

Greg was not able to stay healthy. He got picked on because Vontae was on the other side. He was a good tackler. I think we need to move on from him and probably grab another vet in FA.

On 2/3/2016 at 7:15 PM, jim scheurich said:

IMO i doubt he is retained. He has shown some inconsistency and also he is jumping up there in age i think they will move on from him.

33 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Can people please learn that resign and re-sign are two different words? 

Example: 

I hope Toler resigns, and the Colts do not re-sign him. 

Toler resigning and the Colts NOT re-signing him would be great

On 2/3/2016 at 4:05 PM, theanarchist said:

Greg was not able to stay healthy. He got picked on because Vontae was on the other side. He was a good tackler. I think we need to move on from him and probably grab another vet in FA.

Toler got picked on because he was terrible.

Na na na na,  na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye. 

Definitely time for an update opposite of Vontae Davis. In this 3-4 scheme corners absolutely can NOT get beat time and time again because they will have no help over the top. Toler gets beat almost every game and he doesn't even look for the ball sometimes. Can't use that liabity anymore. 

• 3 weeks later...

Wouldn't everybody be so mad if he went to a different team and just balled out next year? LOL. But seriously. Bye Bye Mr. Greg "Made Of Glued Together Glass" Toler!!!!!!! We should be welcoming one of Sean Smith, Casey Hayward, or Janorris Jenkins to the Colts next week. I could see Grigson signing Prince Amukamara, but he's injured all the time too. He's a good corner and would be a big upgrade from Toler, but no more injury ridden players.