Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Philbin signed as OL coach

HungarianColtsFan

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

His work as a coordinator is impressive. I think he's a good coach, just did a bad job as a head coach.

I agree with you.  I just left out the coordinator stuff because we didn't hire him for that however, if Chud does a good job and another team were to hire him I think Philbin would be able to replace him.  However, hopefully that doesn't happen (well other than the Chud doing a good job part)

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well they didn't hire him as a head coach or even a coordinator.  They hired him to coach the o-line and his history as just an o-line coach is impressive.   

Yes sir, GC8818. Right to the point. You know, a couple of days ago I was speaking in a conference call with many of contacts I have throughout other NFL cities, especially the AFC. The consensus after speaking to them was "a serious threat to the NFL powerhouses" seems to have been established in Indianapolis with the sweeping changes at the coaching positions. Now, with the addition of Philbin as OL chief it confirms that assumption IMO.

I've posted this because it certainly directs the arrowed explanation of seriousness. Things are about to change Colts fans. On a large scale. The Achilles heel for Indy has always been laid at the feet of defense & the offensive line for quite a long time. These changes recently have reached the attention of many, many NFL fans on a "concerned" level of fright. 

We just may have launched the rocket in the correct direction. Let's see how fast, accurate, and deadly these moves may prove to be.

1 minute ago, ColtRider said:

Yes sir, GC8818. Right to the point. You know, a couple of days ago I was speaking in a conference call with many of contacts I have throughout other NFL cities, especially the AFC. The consensus after speaking to them was "a serious threat to the NFL powerhouses" seems to have been established in Indianapolis with the sweeping changes at the coaching positions. Now, with the addition of Philbin as OL chief it confirms that assumption IMO.

I've posted this because it certainly directs the arrowed explanation of seriousness. Things are about to change Colts fans. On a large scale. The Achilles heel for Indy has always been laid at the feet of defense & the offensive line for quite a long time. These changes recently have reached the attention of many, many NFL fans on a "concerned" level of fright. 

We just may have launched the rocket in the correct direction. Let's see how fast, accurate, and deadly these moves may prove to be.

I've been hearing this for awhile now.  

I'll believe it when I see it.  

I DO believe this is a step in the right? direction. At least we're trying.  

A for effort.

Just now, ricker182 said:

I've been hearing this for awhile now.  

I'll believe it when I see it.  

I DO believe this is a step in the right? direction. At least we're trying.  

A for effort.

I haven't. You're exactly correct. We'll believe it when we see it. And yes, it's a GREAT step in the right direction. We are trying. The defense IS going to change. The OL will be evaluated on a much critical aspect than years past. All for the better. I'd bet on it. Let's see how things go. All I see now is positives coming in every direction. That's a great thing. A necessary thing. It's been a long time since I've seen such shake ability in this organization at one time.

6 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

Tannehill has probably been hit more than Luck.  Great hire.  

He was the HC, not the OL coach in Miami. I live in Nashville, TN and when Mike Munchak was the HC of the Titans their OL was terrible, but then he goes to Pittsburgh and is the OL coach and their OL is much better.

37 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

I hate this.  

I don't like him as a coach at all in the NFL.  

The Dolphins are talented and that team is a total mess.

Philbin was not a good head coach.    No disputing that.

But he's got an excellent reputation as both an OC and as an OL coach.

Good hire.

11 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

He was the HC, not the OL coach in Miami. I live in Nashville, TN and when Mike Munchak was the HC of the Titans their OL was terrible, but then he goes to Pittsburgh and is the OL coach and their OL is much better.

#dontfeedthetrolls

Brian Billick and Tony Dungy are just 2 examples of Head coaches whose teams were better on the side of the ball that they knew nothing about.  Both won Super Bowls.   My point is that the HC is not the one coaching these guys up everyday, their assistants are and I am betting they wouldn't have the time to do both anyway.   

1 minute ago, jbaron04 said:

Hmm is that the oline coach decision or the Oc 

The OC Chudzinski uses the zone blocking scheme.  Also mainly what Philbin has coached. Connecting dots.  I'm sure we'll still use Man blocking, but I figure we'll be much more zone.

1 hour ago, YourNextGM said:

Tannehill has probably been hit more than Luck.  Great hire.  

So when Luck gets hit it's Grigsons fault. But when Tannehill gets hit it's Phibin's fault. Makes sense. Funny how you twist things around just to be argumentative and negative.