Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

we're not the best, but we're not done

CR91

if the best team in the playoffs were the ones that won the superbowl each year, the 1st seed would always win. in 2012 no one believed the ravens could go into denver and beat the broncos or go into foxboro and beat the patriots. they werent even picked to beat the 49ers. the two runs by the giants , again no one picked them to win and they ran table and even beat the pats twice. we werent the hot team either in 2006, but we won. this loss while bitter was exactly the wake up call we needed. the offense needed that butt kicking so they can get out of the slump their in. I promise you no one in that colts complex has got rid of their morale and confidence and we as fans need to stand up and support our team instead of already thinking of the off-season. we're not done

if the best team in the playoffs were the ones that won the superbowl each year, the 1st seed would always win. in 2012 no one believed the ravens could go into denver and beat the broncos or go into foxboro and beat the patriots. they werent even picked to beat the 49ers. the two runs by the giants , again no one picked them to win and they ran table and even beat the pats twice. we werent the hot team either in 2006, but we won. this loss while bitter was exactly the wake up call we needed. the offense needed that butt kicking so they can get out of the slump their in. I promise you no one in that colts complex has got rid of their morale and confidence and we as fans need to stand up and support our team instead of already thinking of the off-season. we're not done

Yes we need keep positive.....and slipping the opposing team a "Mickey" during halftime wouldn't hurt either.  Maybe we could have the cheerleaders distribute punch to the opposition to enact that phase of our plan.

I love the morale, but I disagree. We aren't an 11-5/10-6 team. We're phonies that had our division handed to us. 

With that said, nothing would make me happier than to be proved wrong!

I have alway's supported the Colts but you need a D and offensive line plus a running game to win against the good teams we have luck that's as real as it gets 

A late collapse and an incredible postseason from Flacco cost Denver. It wasn't poor play from an entire team.

How many teams get blown out like the Colts and then go on and win a Super Bowl?

The Colts do.

Remember the game that MJD and Fred Taylor trampled us like fans at a Cincinnati Who concert?

We won the Super Bowl that year.

Well said!  Totally agree!  We have a good team that needs to have all the pieces in the right places.  We're not totally there yet.  But, we have beat better teams and I'm hopeful for a win next week.

I hope the whooping they took yesterday will motivate them to start playing better, and I hope it results in a playoff win or 4.

Well....The Steelers whipping didn't motivate them well enough, Neither did the NE game.....Fact is we are good but a step below them

Well....The Steelers whipping didn't motivate them well enough, Neither did the NE game.....Fact is we are good but a step below them

We still bounced back from those games and won the following week/s. Look, the Colts will likely beat the Titans this week and finish 11-5, but what I think this team needs more than anything is to gain some confidence. I mean the confidence level has gotta be at an all time low and if we can just play really well versus the Titans this week it could give us a much needed spark.

This years team is missing that gritty reslilience that we had last year to me.  Last years team would get down 21 points and you couldn't tell them they were not coming back.  I'm not saying we give up, but I haven't seen that poise under pressure like I saw at different points last year.  We need to bring the dog back out!  Where's the fire man?

A team might have had more talent than us, but you could see from the looks on the guys faces that they felt their hearts and fight were much more in abundance than the other team. We gotta get back to that spot. It needs to be known that you will not out hit, out execute, and out hustle this team.

I hope the whooping they took yesterday will motivate them to start playing better, and I hope it results in a playoff win or 4.

The wooping just exposed the problems...we have 2 WRs and no RBs.

If we had an O who could run and pass and make plays, we could move the chains and keep the D off the field and give them a breather. We need an O who concentrates on 1st downs and not hitting the bomb on every 3rd play.

The Colts do.

Remember the game that MJD and Fred Taylor trampled us like fans at a Cincinnati Who concert?

Thanks for that PAC56. I needed that crucial reminder my brother.  :thmup:

Go home Carl, you're drunk.

I won't lie. I did laugh at that. [No disrespect intended to any loyal Colts fan BTW.]

Lewis came back when the Ravens won.

Sanders came back for Indy.

Who's coming back this year?  Nobody.  The team can't run the ball and has been lit up by pretty much every good offense, and bullied lesser teams.  I don't think that is going to change all of a sudden.  I think the Colts are capable of winning any game, but it's a bit much to expect them to do so multiple games in a row.

We still bounced back from those games and won the following week/s. Look, the Colts will likely beat the Titans this week and finish 11-5, but what I think this team needs more than anything is to gain some confidence. I mean the confidence level has gotta be at an all time low and if we can just play really well versus the Titans this week it could give us a much needed spark.

We bounced back because we played crap teams after those games against quality opponents. 

Also, thinking a victory against the putrid Titans will have any positive effect on the confidence is naive. The coaches and players know it will be another meaningless win because it's against a non-playoff team.

The Colts do.

That was one game unlike the 3 times the Colts have been blown out this season.  Also, we had injured players like Sanders coming back into the mix.  We don't have anyone coming back to rescue us this time.  That team and this current team aren't anything close to each other.  

That was one game unlike the 3 times the Colts have been blown out this season. Also, we had injured players like Sanders coming back into the mix. We don't have anyone coming back to rescue us this time. That team and this current team aren't anything close to each other.

That team also had Peyton Manning, we currently don't have a QB anything close to that. Not to mention Marvin Harrison and a young Reggie Wayne with Dallas Clark. We don't have anything close to that. Hell even Addai looked like a hall of famer compared to what we have now.

We are done. Those Giants, Ravens teams had far more talent than the Colts on defense, which is what matter in the playoffs, AND they didn't get blown out. We have been exposed, and come playoff we wont be able to do anything.

I understand your frustration after a devastating loss James. Believe me, I get it. Residual anguish overload. Common after a crushing defeat. We weren't supposed to win against KC last year & we did. 

If a person thinks they are going to die tomorrow, they will probably find a way to make it happen. INDY always exceeds expectations when we are left for dead anyway. Being underestimated can be a beautiful thing. 

Remember when NY Giants HC Tom Fassel said this “I am raising the stakes right now, ... If this is a poker game, I am shoving my chips right in the middle of the table. I am raising the ante. Anybody who wants out, can get out. This team is going to the playoffs. OK? This team is going to the playoffs” in 2000?

Yes, I realize we clinched the AFC South crown already, but I just love the poker analogy. I've always been fond of underdogs anyway. 

w

We are done. Those Giants, Ravens teams had far more talent than the Colts on defense, which is what matter in the playoffs, AND they didn't get blown out. We have been exposed, and come playoff we wont be able to do anything.

I'm very concerned you are right, James..WE may be in denial folks...

The Pitt loss was a fluke, right?...NE is really good...forget that one....We made the Denver game close..in the end, We could beat 'em

Now Dallas jacks us up, too?

Look at how bad all four of those losses were...We need NE or Denver to be upset...we'll be hard pressed to stay close to either

w

The Pitt loss was a fluke, right?...NE is really good...forget that one....We made the Denver game close..in the end, We could beat 'em

Look at how bad all four of those losses were...We need NE or Denver to be upset...we'll be hard pressed to stay close to either

Don't forget we let Philly back in the game and they beat us.  Even without the bad calls, we still let them back in.  Even the Jets play the Patriots close.  Why can't we at least be competitive against them?

That was one game unlike the 3 times the Colts have been blown out this season.  Also, we had injured players like Sanders coming back into the mix.  We don't have anyone coming back to rescue us this time.  That team and this current team aren't anything close to each other.  

Well....that's fair.

This O-line certainly isn't the same...we had Saturday with Tarik Glenn and Jake Scott on the left side.

And although our run defense during the season was pretty bad....Sanders had a clear impact when he returned for what seemed at the time would be an improbable playoff run.

But hey, let's let this thing play out....because when they DO execute for 60 minutes they can beat anyone.

Denver and Philly were very beatable those nights.

w

The Colts members SW1 follows regularly on this site & really respects [You know who you are] are under no delusions of grandeur. Trust me. We are fully versed in what our flaws are.

1 of 2 things is gonna happen here: Either INDY goes further than expected or it's a 1st round knock out. Grigs & Pags know that our o-line must be addressed in May or tweaked; They're not stupid.  

I am under no hallucinations or hypnotic trances here. And we need to strengthen the OL before Jags QB Blake Bortles game starts to slow down for the better or Houston lands a franchise QB otherwise, INDY is will have tough division sledding up ahead. Both the Texans & Jacksonville have solid defenses that are improving rapidly. 

The Ravens lost 43-13 to the Texans the year they won the Super Bowl took me 2 mins to find that. How about the facts not what you think.

Sure why not. If the Colts win the first playoff game and even look good doing it the posters here will look like this:

.....like....dude..........omg........I can't believe it's happening.......but I still want to fire Chuck.

4bfce9e6.gif

Nice radioactive, hippie jpeg there Jules. Whoa dude the sky is falling in my best Keanu Reeves voice via "Bill & Ted's Most Excellent Adventure" film pun. LOL!