Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay, now (23/08)

Marcio James

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are speculating on Welker because he was scratched from NE's game tonight. :omg:

:hmm:

Of course Mike Wallace rumors also around.

Not much on the defensive front tonight. :loco:

I also read rumors about Freeney being sent to Baltimore to replace Suggs and we get DB help.

I am not sure how I would feel. Wes is a great player but it all sounds a bit ODD to me.

Then again if Irsay is getting this hot and bothered maybe it has to be a Pats player or at least someone from a rival team. I guess Steelers would count too here.

I wonder if NE would want Freeney if we made a trade with them?

This is getting strange

https://twitter.com/ColtsInsiders

Colts Insiders@ColtsInsiders

According to source Welker was held out of practice when talks heated up and was scratched from the game tonight.

With the Patriots playing tonight and the Colts playing tomorrow no deal is expected before Sunday.

I've been told the multiple draft picks are included in the deal but NOT a first rounder.

This guy isn't an insider. He seems to be just a fan posing as one. He also only has 200+ followers on twitter. He'd have way more if he was someone with credibility

wow..... 27 pages, BEFORE any trade....if thias thing doesn't go down......lol

I know right? Believe it or not, I've seen longer on an Orioles baseball forum thread when they thought they had a chance of signing Texeira. In reality there was really no chance of this happenig but Tex was looked on as a hometown hero since he was from the area. That one went strong for well over a week. Unfortuately, the end result was let's just say disappointing in that one. Hopefully, I won't have to relive that feeling disappointment in this thread. Something needs to happen. lol

I am not sure how I would feel. Wes is a great player but it all sounds a bit ODD to me.

Then again if Irsay is getting this hot and bothered maybe it has to be a Pats player or at least someone from a rival team. I guess Steelers would count too here.

I wonder if NE would want Freeney if we made a trade with them?

Gotta be honest, if it is Welker I would feel kind of disappointed. He's good but I think he is more a product of Brady and that New England system than anything. Bellicheck would be getting over on us if we gave up a high pick for Welker imo. Hoping that those saying Welker rumor is false are right. Give me a stud corner or Mike Wallace.

Well, I get up to check the news and now the there's rumors of it being Welker??? I don't want Wallace, but if its Welker, im going to be irate, and I just imagine the entire New England region will be too. 1st, Boston trades away their entire baseball team and then their football team trades away Welker. Fans in that area, will be ready to riot. Seriously though, it can't be Welker, please Lord, don't let it be Welker.

Why pay that for Wallace when we have Avery? He's just as fast as Wallace, some say he's injury prone but he only got sidelined long term by 1 major injury and yes of course the latest thigh contusion. I think Avery will play well this season if he's not used as some form of trade bate and shipped out of here that is. If I were talking to another team like the Miami Dolphins I would possibly use him as trade bait. I think we should spend that money on a cornerback.

Avery hasnt proven to stay healthy, and if he did, why not have the best of both worlds? After this year, we in all likelyhood could just draft a good CB and pay Wallace. We can't fill all our holes this year but if we are to get a game changing player for years to come, I don't see why not.

Personally I dont think Tom is so concerned about losing Welker. He wouldnt like it but he wouldnt throw a big stink about it. He would just turn some other younger wide receiver into the next Wes Welker, Toms a guy whos made quite a few average receivers look much better then they were. Besides Im sure it isnt him, I dont think Grigson is silly enough to trade for player at a position thats not a huge need at this time. Have to improve weakest areas of the team first

This thread, wow.

After having seen your avatar pic I realize now that a TON of people are going to have their jimmies rustled one way or another by this trade. :)

When its not the guy you want personally... you inevitably get your jimmies rustled. Jim Irsay is the new "Rustle King"

I wonder if the trade scenario will be brought up in todays broadcast of the Colts vs Skins game, I'd bet it will be but actually wouldnt be surprised if the team said dont bring it up either. Of course I dont think the broadcasters would have to agree to it but I think they would out of respect since they will be Colts affiliated. Maybe they have names that we haven't brought up

I wonder if the trade scenario will be brought up into todays broadcast of the Colts vs Skins game, I'd bet it will be but actually wouldnt be surprised if the team said dont bring it up either. Of course I dont think the broadcasters would have to agree to it but I think they would out of respect since they will be Colts affiliated. Maybe they have names that we haven't brought up

I think it will definitely be brought up pre game and maybe post game too. But during the game, not sure.

I think it will definitely be brought up pre game and maybe post game too. But during the game, not sure.

I'm more interested to see if we don't play someone. Not much has been mentioned about us giving up someone (other than D-Free), just the pick we're giving up. If we don't play someone it could be a hint as to whom we're talking with.

My prediction is the Colts are going to trade a 2nd round pick for OT Chris Williams with the Chicago Bears. He has experience at LT, RT and LG and he's getting ready to lose his starting job at LT and the Bears have Carimi at RT. He's a proven vet, he's still on his rookie contract so if the Colts trade for him it will be with a new contract (thus the checkbook comment) and it will solidify (hopefully) a real position of need right now... the RT spot. Then the Colt could either have Justice as a back-up tackle (not a bad option) or ship him to the Jets for some New York city postcards or move him inside to RG where his slow feet would not be as noticeable.

My prediction is the Colts are going to trade a 2nd round pick for OT Chris Williams with the Chicago Bears. He has experience at LT, RT and LG and he's getting ready to lose his starting job at LT and the Bears have Carimi at RT. He's a proven vet, he's still on his rookie contract so if the Colts trade for him it will be with a new contract (thus the checkbook comment) and it will solidify (hopefully) a real position of need right now... the RT spot. Then the Colt could either have Justice as a back-up tackle (not a bad option) or ship him to the Jets for some New York city postcards or move him inside to RG where his slow feet would not be as noticeable.

were not trading for an offensive linemen, most likely wr or cb. still believe it'll be mike wallace.

Granted I know next to nothing about Williams but it appears there is a flaw in your post (being technical like I said I know next to nothing of him)but you just said that he is a proven vet (the vet part I understand) but if he was proven wouldnt the Bears want to hold onto him? And if he was proven why would he be losing his spot when they could move him to LG since that doesnt appear to be solidified yet either? I thought that they had Lance Louis at LG and he wasnt working out. Also since he was as you said losing his spot in Chicago my concern would be that he would be just a stop gap guy

Granted I know next to nothing about Williams but it appears there is a flaw in your post (being technical like I said I know next to nothing of him)but you just said that he is a proven vet (the vet part I understand) but if he was proven wouldnt the Bears want to hold onto him? And if he was proven why would he be losing his spot when they could move him to LG since that doesnt appear to be solidified yet either? I thought that they had Lance Louis at LG and he wasnt working out

Good point, but two things; in the article I read it talked about Spencer securing the LG spot, and I'm sure Chicago would like to keep him as a low priced back up to three positions but he could force a trade, stating if he's not the starter to he predicts an injury and a season on IR in his future.

Like I said, it's just my prediction

Good point, but two things; in the article I read it talked about Spencer securing the LG spot, and I'm sure Chicago would like to keep him as a low priced back up to three positions but he could force a trade, stating if he's not the starter to he predicts an injury and a season on IR in his future.

Like I said, it's just my prediction

Oh I wasnt criticizing the opinion like I said I dont know much about Williams, mind if I see the article? I haven't seen it