Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay, now (23/08)

Marcio James

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just pay the man next year. All he wants is money and we'll have both that, a system he knows he can be successful in, and a QB he knows can get him the ball.

If we give up anything more than a 3rd (and maybe even anything at all) when we've got to be the frontrunners to get him next year, I'll be very ticked off.

He wants Fitzgerald money........There are only a few WRs in the league that deserve that kind of money......Mike Wallace isn't one of them.

No. Mike Wallace wants Jackson money and is def worth it. People are still stuck in the Polian ways of just drafting guys and not trading or signing guys. I say let's do both! Remember when we won the SB we traded for Booger Mcfarland who did have a pretty significant impact during that run.

Yeah but there is a risk that Wallace doesn't sign with the Colts and signs elsewhere. If this happens Arians or someone must REALLY want Wallace that bad.

I'd guess any deal would be contingent on Wallace signing a new deal with the Colts.

I can't see them trading any picks that high on a guy that can walk after the seaosn

I just found out that we have a positive "like" quota and we can't exceed that...hmm...never hit that before

You must have liked a lot today cause you get 100. lmao Just teasing but I think you might get maybe 20 maybe less. haha Not real sure on the number can you tell :???:

You must have liked a lot today cause you get 100. lmao Just teasing but I think you might get maybe 20 maybe less. haha

That's easy to do considering I've been here since 6:30 a.m. and engrossed in a thread containing 900+ replies and what 24k views?!

Vincent Jackson hasn't proven he is either.

Completely agree with this. I was just being cute based on my post right before this.

I think Vincent Jackson has more upside than Mike Wallace. He is bigger, stronger, and IMO all around more talented. Not to discount Mike Wallace's talent, but his biggest talent is his blazing speed. He isn't a Calvin Johnson/Larry Fitzgerald type that is going to out battle a CB for the ball. He isn't gonna go up and get it.

Mike Wallace is an ACL tear away from being very average.....again, just my opinion.

I could see it be for Wallace, considering his ties to Arians, but man I thought we were pretty much set at WR. I know Reggie's getting older, Collie gets concussions, and Avery is largely an unknown, but they're all still viable weapons. Plus it's not like Hilton, Brazill, and Ross have been scrubs so far. Let the guys develop and see what you've got before you spend a 1st and a 3rd on Wallace.

I'll say it again, Cornerback or bust.....

Completely agree with this. I was just being cute based on my post right before this.

I think Vincent Jackson has more upside than Mike Wallace. He is bigger, stronger, and IMO all around more talented. Not to discount Mike Wallace's talent, but his biggest talent is his blazing speed. He isn't a Calvin Johnson/Larry Fitzgerald type that is going to out battle a CB for the ball. He isn't gonna go up and get it.

Mike Wallace is an ACL tear away from being very average.....again, just my opinion.

I'm not trying to put a value on Mike Wallace, I'm just saying that if you want him, you're going to have to pay him, so it doesn't make sense to have to give up draft picks in addition to paying him when you can sign him outright next year.

I'm not trying to put a value on Mike Wallace, I'm just saying that if you want him, you're going to have to pay him, so it doesn't make sense to have to give up draft picks in addition to paying him when you can sign him outright next year.

I got you now.

Wallace>Jackson

For the second time, I was just trying to be funny by posting my exact post and replacing Larry Fitzgerald with Vincent Jackson.

I do believe that Jackson has the potential to be the better player, but don't disagree that Wallace has been the better player.

Every reciever is a ACL tear away from being very average. Good answer.

And I know most don't watch the Steelers but I have and Wallace def does more than one route. Watch the film.

Every reciever is a ACL tear away from being very average. Good answer.

Agreed......and my point is that Mike Wallace's speed is his most important attribute. He can come back, but it is likely he won't have the speed he did. He doesn't run good routes. His hands are only decent. It is more important to him than some other receivers. I do appreciate you being a jerk about it though.

Agreed......and my point is that Mike Wallace's speed is his most important attribute. He can come back, but it is likely he won't have the speed he did. He doesn't run good routes. His hands are only decent. It is more important to him than some other receivers. I do appreciate you being a jerk about it though.

I'm not being a jerk but I am pointing out how you saying an ACL tear would make him useless. That would make most WRs useless including the ones who can jump for the ball. Wallace runs more than one route. It's just that highlights come on fly routes.

I'm not being a jerk but I am pointing out how you saying an ACL tear would make him useless. That would make most WRs useless including the ones who can jump for the ball. Wallace runs more than one route. It's just that highlights come on fly routes.

By me saying he only knows 1 route thats not me saying he doesnt run others but that is me saying he runs the GO Route best, I dont think hes a real good route runner though and his hands arent great but decent. Id love to have him but not at the cost of a high draft pick which is what it would take

I never said he would be useless, nor did I say he only runs one route. I said he doesn't run good routes.