Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay, now (23/08)

Marcio James

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good God, this is going to be a long weekend.

Doesnt matter when the game is, if your trying to trade a player you dont risk them getting injury or else there goes your trade bait, But guys like Long and Vontae are some top of the line players at there position (well Vontae in top 5) so if you can get something big for trading them then you dont say, well ok your playing this weekend but dont get injured cause you might be traded

well based on " edge of water " " FOE REEL " and this is " HOT ".. seems to me its a florida team such as Miami. Davis most likely. REEL would indicate fish. FOE would indicate AFC rival. HOT would indicate weather, such as hot in south fla.

Just a hunch

I really hope that was his intention. can't wait to get the final word on this trade. Excitement levels are at an all time high in the Colts Nation, all due to that man and his most professional of tweets!

'FOE' could be patriots and 'REEL' could be symbolic of "Spygate" so the obvious answer is... Brock Lesnar.

brocklesnar.jpg

Fun little fact: He tried out for the colts some time ago... I think.

He played for Vikings in pre-season several years back. Got cut in final cuts, not so much because he was rubbish (he wasn't great, though) but because he had aggression problems.

He played for Vikings in pre-season several years back. Got cut in final cuts, not so much because he was rubbish (he wasn't great, though) but because he had aggression problems.

What position did he play? I would think Linebacker

I really REALLY hope this is not it. We do not need him and I don't want to give up what sounds like would be a 1st and 2nd rd. pick for him.

I don't think it is. His tender was a 1st so we wouldn't throw in a 2nd, more likely to be 2nd and 3rd.

I really REALLY hope this is not it. We do not need him and I don't want to give up what sounds like would be a 1st and 2nd rd. pick for him.

2 picks in the top 3rounds tells me it would probably be a 3rd and either a 1st or 2nd. With that said Wallace fits what we don't have the at the WR spot right now a true young future number one WR. A line up of Wayne, Wallace, Collie/Avery with Hilton, and Brazil plus Fleener and Allen at TE and now the Colts have maybe the best set of passing weapons in the league for Luck.

With that said I am not sure I buy that Wallace is the guy. Clearly no one really knows what is going on but the reports yesterday seemed suggest it was a cornerback that the Colts were after. Also I am not sure I am in favor of any trade that means giving up a first next year. A second or third I could live with.

I don't think its wallace either. It wouldn't make sense to be honest. I like our WR corps a lot right now. Even though collies hurt, I would be beyond shocked if thats the trade.

We need help at CB and OL more than anything.

I think there is 2 trades going on still. Wallace does make sense considering wayne is backend 2 year contract, collie concussions and avery , even tho playin tomorrow, snakebit injury prone

Lol Jim. Funny guy...

I think a trade ends up happening.

I really hope we don't have to give up an OL, especially if it's Justice (that's what's been said for the Jets). We need Justice.

Even if we get someone like Long?

2 picks in the top 3rounds tells me it would probably be a 3rd and either a 1st or 2nd. With that said Wallace fits what we don't have the at the WR spot right now a true young future number one WR. A line up of Wayne, Wallace, Collie/Avery with Hilton, and Brazil plus Fleener and Allen at TE and now the Colts have maybe the best set of passing weapons in the league for Luck.

With that said I am not sure I buy that Wallace is the guy. Clearly no one really knows what is going on but the reports yesterday seemed suggest it was a cornerback that the Colts were after. Also I am not sure I am in favor of any trade that means giving up a first next year. A second or third I could live with.

Im not so sure Hilton, Brazill, or Avery couldn't develop into a #1 reciever. They're all young and fast and just because they weren't drafted in the 1st rd. don't mean they can't be true #1's. We are in far greater need of a stud O-lineman or CB than another WR. If Wallace is the guy then I guess I'll learn to like it, but I would much rather they go in another direction.

Im not so sure Hilton, Brazill, or Avery couldn't develop into a #1 reciever. They're all young and fast and just because they weren't drafted in the 1st rd. don't mean they can't be true #1's. We are in far greater need of a stud O-lineman or CB than another WR. If Wallace is the guy then I guess I'll learn to like it, but I would much rather they go in another direction.

I am going to argue that they aren't bigger needs but I also think while the other guys COULD Develop you know what the Colts would be getting in Wallace. Frankly I see Brazil or Hilton being a solid number two or number three guys at best I don't really see either one as a future number one. So I think there would be a place for him if we made the move. Like I said before I don't think Wallace is the guy. I think it's a cornerback but we shall see.

Scenario:

We trade a 2nd and a 3rd for Wallace. As the season goes we end up losing WRs to injury(a BIG possibility). Colts end up with one of the worst records in the league this season. Grigs says "Thats OK! We are gonna trade OUT of the first round for a kings ransom!" This allows the Colts to go out and sign guys who want to win now while all at the same time we have a ton of picks as a fallback to keep us playoff contenders for a long long time. At the back end of the decade we will be know as the SUPERCOLTS!

1st and thrid for wallace.. BTW Jimmys tweet about 1 dying eye and the 4 reference is Colts offered 1st and fourth for wallace. Then with 2nd pick goes to dolphins for Davis. We get the wr and cb.. and no first 3 rounds next year. Thats the dilemna for the colts and why its taking so long...

1st and thrid for wallace.. BTW Jimmys tweet about 1 dying eye and the 4 reference is Colts offered 1st and fourth for wallace. Then with 2nd pick goes to dolphins for Davis. We get the wr and cb.. and no first 3 rounds next year. Thats the dilemna for the colts and why its taking so long...

So where in this well thought out explanation did we lose our 3rd round pick? Did we give it away for a ham sandwich???

whats weird is that if colts really want wallace they could wait a year. steelers dont have cash to sign him and i dont think they can tag him twice in 2 years, so he hits the market. Colts will have like 53 mil under cap next year so we could just grab him in fa next year and lose no picks. we lose a year without him but no picks

So where in this well thought out explanation did we lose our 3rd round pick? Did we give it away for a ham sandwich???

I believe the colts offered 1 and 4 and thats why we heard steelers say NO they want 2 picks in top 3, which would mean 1 and 3 in my scenario as your certainly not gonna give miami a 1 for davis if you give a 2 and 3 for wallace. but miami would take a 2 for davis. id scenario involves getting both players anyway.

just a thought

whats weird is that if colts really want wallace they could wait a year. steelers dont have cash to sign him and i dont think they can tag him twice in 2 years, so he hits the market. Colts will have like 53 mil under cap next year so we could just grab him in fa next year and lose no picks. we lose a year without him but no picks

Yeah but there is a risk that Wallace doesn't sign with the Colts and signs elsewhere. If this happens Arians or someone must REALLY want Wallace that bad.

I believe the colts offered 1 and 4 and thats why we heard steelers say NO they want 2 picks in top 3, which would mean 1 and 3 in my scenario as your certainly not gonna give miami a 1 for davis if you give a 2 and 3 for wallace. but miami would take a 2 for davis. id scenario involves getting both players anyway.

just a thought

oh ok. I see what your getting at now... threw me off a bit honestly.