Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay, now (23/08)

Marcio James

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how it can be an Olineman. Irsay is making such a big deal, it has to be a superstar, like those that have been speculated upon already. Marshall Faulk trade, Eric Dickerson trade, etc....maybe something like that the way he's acting.

Superstar? I think you may be disappointed when this trade happens. Yes, it will be a starter.......but a superstar I would doubt. I think once a trade goes through, everyone is going to let out a gasp of disappointment/frustration. This has been built up way too much to ever live up to the expectations this trade is bringing.

Superstar? I think you may be disappointed when this trade happens. Yes, it will be a starter.......but a superstar I would doubt. I think once a trade goes through, everyone is going to let out a gasp of disappointment/frustration. This has been built up way too much to ever live up to the expectations this trade is bringing.

When I first started seeing the "Trade" tweets from Irsay, for whatever dumb reason, I got way too excited. As this thing drags on and he keeps tweeting nonsense, I am only getting more and more impatient/angry. In hindsight, I wish he would just kept his mouth shut and given us the details once the trade has gone through... too late for that I guess :facepalm:

Sucks for Jim, if this "trade" falls apart for whatever reason, I hope he doesn't catch too much ire from the fans.... he's kinda painted himself into a bad spot with all the tweets, it's unfortunate

Thats kind of the fans fault. Irsay did say, that these trades fall apart 9 out of 10 times, yet most fans here act as if it's a sure thing that a trade will happen.

well, Jim seems to think it's still alive..... so, foolish or not, I will continue to hope against hope..... has there EVER been an NFL trade rumor that we have known to be substantiated by an owner or GM for this long before it actually goes through? usually you don't hear much until the deal is final or near it.... It is crazy suspense, but I am still glad Jim shares the info

Forgetting Previous reports, im guessing it's still Jones Drew or Mike Wallace after tahat tweet.

I tell you what...if we somehow ended up with Mike Wallace, I think I would literally lose my mind...especially after yesterday. We need a legitimate deep threat guy and he be's it. But I would still want to know why we just didn't wait to sign him next off-season in free agency and save the draft pick.

I tell you what...if we somehow ended up with Mike Wallace, I think I would literally lose my mind...especially after yesterday. We need a legitimate deep threat guy and he be's it. But I would still want to know why we just didn't wait to sign him next off-season in free agency and save the draft pick.

I would not like a trade for Wallace. I'm not saying he wouldn't be good for us, but we are actually pretty stacked at WR. We don't really need one.

We desperately need an OL or a CB. I expect WR to be our strongest position this year. We should be fine there.

I would not like a trade for Wallace. I'm not saying he wouldn't be good for us, but we are actually pretty stacked at WR. We don't really need one.

We desperately need an OL or a CB. I expect WR to be our strongest position this year. We should be fine there.

I hear you. I would love a stud corner as well...don't get me wrong!

We appear stacked at wideout but we are very inexperienced there...at least for now. We don't have a proven deep threat anywhere on our roster the caliber of Mike Wallace. Luck would do serious work with a weapon like that. There are more important needs though. I won't argue with that.

Understandable, but will the O-line give Luck enough time to throw it deep?

Understandable, but will the O-line give Luck enough time to throw it deep?

Probably not but Luck can just run around until he does. Just kidding. I know there are more pressing needs right now. Casserly's last post making some deductions from Irsay's latest tweet makes me realize that it probably won't be Mike Wallace or Vontae Davis for that matter.

I honestly will be very disappointed if it is a RB or a WR. We have enough of them. I think the young guys have shown great potential at WR. So why bring in someone else who just gets a huge contract? I hope it is either a CB or a offensive lineman.

Grigs is to CBs like buying Wal Mart furniture. You buy some because it is cheap. It falls apart so you go buy more. After the 4th time, you realize if you had just invested in a quality piece of oak the first time, you wouldn't have wasted your time on money on the first 4 pieces. Meaning I hope they just trade for a quality player and quit bringing in low level guys who seem no better than the guys that were here.

Instead of giving prizes for guessing whether the deal will be complete by monday, Irsay should have made us guess who we were getting and draw the winner. The winner would receive a signed colts jersey by that player. :)

Don't give him any idea's, we'll have to wait another 3 or 4 days to find out anything.

You would think someone, somewhere, would have leaked it by now. And by that I mean a "reliable" source (schefter, mort, etc)

This is what I've been saying. I find it hard to believe that if we've been engaged in trade discussions for a big name player that somebody wouldn't have found out about it already. This whole thing is just weird, somebody ALWAYS leaks this kind of stuff by now. I'll still trust that Irsay isn't clowning us, but I have serious doubts.

What about a multi-team trade? Does that even exsist in the NFL? I know it happens in the NBA all the time, but I don't think I've ever heard of it in the NFL. Anyone with more knowledge know? Could we be trying to swing Freeney and draft picks to two different teams for a two players? An O-lineman and a CB?

What about a multi-team trade? Does that even exsist in the NFL? I know it happens in the NBA all the time, but I don't think I've ever heard of it in the NFL. Anyone with more knowledge know? Could we be trying to swing Freeney and draft picks to two different teams for a two players? An O-lineman and a CB?

You could be right. a multi team trade would take longer to figure out all the details. You would think a 1 team trade would have been finalized by now.

I'd expect a leak if that was true, who knows though.