Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay, now (23/08)

Marcio James

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hilton, Anderson, Brazill I think can all take the top off the defense or just about all of them

Hilton isn't an outside WR and Brazil has shown flashes but nothing yet. I just don't get why people are scared to give money to arguably the greatest deep threat in the game right now. You guys realize we will have a TON of cap room next year right? Not to mention next years F/A class won't be that good anyway so we'd be smart too sign Wallace to good money since there really wont be anything out there. If you have the money to spend, why not? Not like that money is gonna sit there and grow like a darn mutual fund. Spend some of it!

Hilton isn't an outside WR and Brazil has shown flashes but nothing yet. I just don't get why people are scared to give money to arguably the greatest deep threat in the game right now. You guys realize we will have a TON of cap room next year right? Not to mention next years F/A class won't be that good anyway so we'd be smart too sign Wallace to good money since there really wont be anything out there. If you have the money to spend, why not? Not like that money is gonna sit there and grow like a darn mutual fund. Spend some of it!

Dude, you just ruined all of our attempts to get this out of our minds. We are obviously in "funny post" mode right now. Amateurs...

Its not the money for me its the draft pick to get him, if we want a wide receiver that bad we can just get 1 in the draft, Heck Wallace wasnt taken till the 3rd round, Maybe a Justin Hunter, Ryan Swope, Marquess Wilson or Terrance Williams

Bet we get 50 before we get final word on if anything will happen

and Jim Irsay will be wringing his hands, saying "eeeeeexcellent" after reading the firestorm his tweets created... I'll be seriously miffed if nothing happens at this point... Normally I really enjoy the boss man's tweets O.o

and Jim Irsay will be wringing his hands, saying "eeeeeexcellent" after reading the firestorm his tweets created... I'll be seriously miffed if nothing happens at this point... Normally I really enjoy the boss man's tweets O.o

Same here I agree, If we get a no name dude Im gonna light these forums up with some serious cussin, Then again if nothing happens I will be just fine because that will mean we still have the same # of draft picks as we started with yesterday so no harm no foul......Except this doesnt do much good for my blood pressure

I wouldn't doubt it. This is just ridiculous how he has us just hanging here waiting on something

Kind of amazing he can hold not just Indiana folks hostage with anticipation but his tweeting has reached a worldwide audience as I believe we have forum members from other countries here as well

Why pay that for Wallace when we have Avery? He's just as fast as Wallace, some say he's injury prone but he only got sidelined long term by 1 major injury and yes of course the latest thigh contusion. I think Avery will play well this season if he's not used as some form of trade bate and shipped out of here that is. If I were talking to another team like the Miami Dolphins I would possibly use him as trade bait. I think we should spend that money on a cornerback.

Kind of amazing he can hold not just Indiana folks hostage with anticipation but his tweeting has reached a worldwide audience as I believe we have forum members from other countries here as well

I say we Riot. Have a Lock-In at Lucas Oil & don't allow the players in till we get answers

wallace,wayne,hilton,avery would be so explosive together. as for collie, i think he'll hang it up too many concussions. there's not a cb out there that's worth big money. revis,haden,drc,vontae,nnmadi aren't getting traded. 2013 draft class very deep with cb's, amerson, rhodes, banks, and millener are projected 1st round picks. only two top notch wr's woods and allen and both will go top 5. mike wallace would be the safest way to go because he's better then any wr in that draft.

wallace,wayne,hilton,avery would be so explosive together. as for collie, i think he'll hang it up too many concussions. there's not a cb out there that's worth big money. revis,haden,drc,vontae,nnmadi aren't getting traded. 2013 draft class very deep with cb's, amerson, rhodes, banks, and millener are projected 1st round picks. only two top notch wr's woods and allen and both will go top 5. mike wallace would be the safest way to go because he's better then any wr in that draft.

I think that Woods will be better than Wallace. He is a smart player and precise route runner with speed.

I think that Woods will be better than Wallace. He is a smart player and precise route runner with speed.

woods is a good player but he's 4.4 speed and slight build 6'1 180lbs. wallace is very good build for a speedster 6'0 200lbs but has 4.3 speed. just look at wallace highlights there's no wr faster in the nfl, he takes the top off the defense. the only wr's i think is better is megatron, fitz, andre if were talking pure talent. some people may think wallace just goes deep no true at all, he goes across the middle much more often then just go routes.

woods is a good player but he's 4.4 speed and slight build 6'1 180lbs. wallace is very good build for a speedster 6'0 200lbs but has 4.3 speed. just look at wallace highlights there's no wr faster in the nfl, he takes the top off the defense. the only wr's i think is better is megatron, fitz, andre if were talking pure talent. some people may think wallace just goes deep no true at all, he goes across the middle much more often then just go routes.

I think that Wood's ceiling is Marvin, very similar style, so would you rather have Harrison or Wallace?

I think that Wood's ceiling is Marvin, very similar style, so would you rather have Harrison or Wallace?

wallace has harrison speed but body type of a jerry rice. obviously marvin is one of the greatest of all time but wallace hasn't peaked yet either nor did he have the sheriff as his qb. i don't think you know just how good wallace is. other then megatron wallace is the most dangerous wr in the nfl because of his top notch speed.

Conspiracy theory mode on: I've been thinking about Irsays newest tweet with the $161 give away, seeing as $17 would've been awfully too low of money to give away, Irsay had to get creative and tell the world he is trading for number 16+1, none other than number 17 Mike Wallace!

/mode off

wallace has harrison speed but body type of a jerry rice. obviously marvin is one of the greatest of all time but wallace hasn't peaked yet either nor did he have the sheriff as his qb. i don't think you know just how good wallace is. other then megatron wallace is the most dangerous wr in the nfl because of his top notch speed.

Wallace doesn't have the hands nor route running ability of Marvin, not even close. He never will, not his style. Woods has a very similar style to Marvin.

I have been here since 05 so scratch me off that list :)

I know, but he said that Wallace will be better than every WR in the draft. That's the debate, I think that Woods has the higher ceiling.

woods imo is one of those wrs that come out every ten years. as mention yes he does remind me a lot marv so would have to agree that woods does have the higher ceiling

woods imo is one of those wrs that come out every ten years. as mention yes he does remind me a lot marv so would have to agree that woods does have the higher ceiling

I'd say every 4 years. Jerry Rice, than Michael Irvin, than T.O., than Marvin, than Randy Moss, than Andre Johnson, than Fitz, than Megtron, now AJ Green, future Woods and Dorial Green-Beckham.

This is getting strange

https://twitter.com/ColtsInsiders

Colts Insiders@ColtsInsiders

According to source Welker was held out of practice when talks heated up and was scratched from the game tonight.

With the Patriots playing tonight and the Colts playing tomorrow no deal is expected before Sunday.

I've been told the multiple draft picks are included in the deal but NOT a first rounder.