Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay, now (23/08)

Marcio James

Yeah but there is a risk that Wallace doesn't sign with the Colts and signs elsewhere. If this happens Arians or someone must REALLY want Wallace that bad.

yea but a ton of cash and an offense and coordinator he's familar with plus Lucks qb potential seems to me he'd sign and sign quick..

again jmo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st and thrid for wallace.. BTW Jimmys tweet about 1 dying eye and the 4 reference is Colts offered 1st and fourth for wallace. Then with 2nd pick goes to dolphins for Davis. We get the wr and cb.. and no first 3 rounds next year. Thats the dilemna for the colts and why its taking so long...

I'm going to expand on that just for laughs. If you payed attention to his tweet about the contest it said the prize was for 161 which can be broke down to 16+1 which equals 17 which is Wallace's playing number.

That's about as far as I'm going with this. I can imagine Wallace being here, but I don't want him due to us not needing another WR. We need a CB to start opposite Powers.

I'm going to expand on that just for laughs. If you payed attention to his tweet about the contest it said the prize was for 161 which can be broke down to 16+1 which equals 17 which is Wallace's playing number.

That's about as far as I'm going with this. I can imagine Wallace being here, but I don't want him due to us not needing another WR. We need a CB to start opposite Powers.

good call bro look above beat ya to it.. it is wallace

Honestly I have no clue but why would Irsay be getting all hot and bothered since yesterday at the prospect of a CB or lineman?

Hmmm......

Maybe he wants to give his young stud at QB another established toy to grow with sooner then later?

2 picks in the top 3rounds tells me it would probably be a 3rd and either a 1st or 2nd. With that said Wallace fits what we don't have the at the WR spot right now a true young future number one WR. A line up of Wayne, Wallace, Collie/Avery with Hilton, and Brazil plus Fleener and Allen at TE and now the Colts have maybe the best set of passing weapons in the league for Luck.

With that said I am not sure I buy that Wallace is the guy. Clearly no one really knows what is going on but the reports yesterday seemed suggest it was a cornerback that the Colts were after. Also I am not sure I am in favor of any trade that means giving up a first next year. A second or third I could live with.

That is just flat out nasty. IN a good way.

Why would Irsay be all excited over a CB? Getting Wallace would add fan excitement and noise to this team too. Offense sells tickets.......

Just thinking out loud here.

Then again Irsay might get excited over a backup punter.

I don't think its wallace either. It wouldn't make sense to be honest. I like our WR corps a lot right now. Even though collies hurt, I would be beyond shocked if thats the trade.

We need help at CB and OL more than anything.

i think it is wallace now because he's the only guy that's holding out worth paying big money. drc,nnmadi,haden,vontae,long all played today and they would have held out because risk of injury. jaguars will not trade mjd within the same division and has to much miles on his body. with the concussion history of collie, i think grigson realized that he would have to give luck a #1 target. wallace also had his best year under offensive coordinator. will address cb in the draft 1st round but it has to be wallace that their pursuing.

I really hope it isn't Wallace. We have enough weapons for Luck, and really need a CB. Losing a first could really hinder our growth on the defensive side. I would be fine with trading a first for a proven CB though, because that is what we would probably get in the draft, but we know how this guy plays already. I just can't say I would be very happy at all if we made a trade for Wallace. Especially with these rumors of 2 picks in the top 3.

I really hope it isn't Wallace. We have enough weapons for Luck, and really need a CB. Losing a first could really hinder our growth on the defensive side. I would be fine with trading a first for a proven CB though, because that is what we would probably get in the draft, but we know how this guy plays already. I just can't say I would be very happy at all if we made a trade for Wallace. Especially with these rumors of 2 picks in the top 3.

If its a 2 and a 3 for wallace tho.. I would do it. We keep our first.. however i still might do it by sending 1 and 3 to pitt for wallace and a 2 for davis or williams. then you get both players just dont draft till 4th next year

Just throwing my two cents in on this historic thread.

As long as Collie is OK, I really think we're going to be fine at WR. Wallace is a stud but, I just don't think it's a trade worth giving up that much for.

I've always wanted to see the Colts with a shut-down corner and my hopes are on Asomugha.

And if they are looking at a WR like Wallace, keep in mind Wayne isn't getting any younger either.....

Just pay the man next year. All he wants is money and we'll have both that, a system he knows he can be successful in, and a QB he knows can get him the ball.

If we give up anything more than a 3rd (and maybe even anything at all) when we've got to be the frontrunners to get him next year, I'll be very ticked off.

And if they are looking at a WR like Wallace, keep in mind Wayne isn't getting any younger either.....

Is there a possibility of getting a good (not great) WR in the second round next year? We get Wallace this year but we're gutting our 2013 draft. We need a corner next year if we don't get one with this trade.

Just pay the man next year. All he wants is money and we'll have both that, a system he knows he can be successful in, and a QB he knows can get him the ball.

If we give up anything more than a 3rd (and maybe even anything at all) when we've got to be the frontrunners to get him next year, I'll be very ticked off.

thats what i said earlier... next year he would be a colt without much doubt. I really think if this happens colts will still have crud load of money next year for defense via free agency.

New rumor floating around: Wes Welker. He has been held out of practice & game since Irsay's tweets.

If it is Welker it better not be a 1st rounder and that means Collie is gone.

First, I don't believe for a second that we would trade for Wes Welker. Second, if we traded a 1st for Wes Welker, Grigson should be immediately fired. Third, the likelihood of trading a first round pick for anyone is extremely low.

This isn't an attack on you by the way. I am simply referring to the rumor.

The Welker rumor was started off an article that NFL.com published earlier today. I haven't seen anything else on it for some time.

It's not going to be Wallace. Sure, Jim wants us to think that. He wants to give us "clues" and lead us on and then throw us all for a loop...

After pretty much using every draft pick on offense last year, do we really want to give up our 2 first picks on a WR? And then have to pay him Larry Fitzgerald money which will limit what else we can do in FA.

After pretty much using every draft pick on offense last year, do we really want to give up our 2 first picks on a WR? And then have to pay him Larry Fitzgerald money which will limit what else we can do in FA.

Mike Wallace has said he doesn't want Fitzgergald money, he wants Vincent Jackson money.

New rumor floating around: Wes Welker. He has been held out of practice & game since Irsay's tweets.

If it is Welker it better not be a 1st rounder and that means Collie is gone.

I really hope not since we can't sign Welker to an extension until next year when he can just walk.