Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Friendly forum wager

MrNLM

Just for bragging rights. Who will catch Luck's first preseason TD pass? if you want to show off include one of the following with your prediction:

Short pass(0 - 20)

Intermediate pass(21 - 40)

Long pass(41+)

Could be fun with all the different variables. I suspect this may be a 'Jim Irsay Twitter Contest Question' at some point this week so why not get a jump start.

Annnnnd................ GO!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for bragging rights. Who will catch Luck's first preseason TD pass? if you want to show off include one of the following with your prediction:

Short pass(0 - 20)

Long pass(41+)

Could be fun with all the different variables. I suspect this may be a 'Jim Irsay Twitter Contest Question' at some point this week so why not get a jump start.

Fleener for 67 yd TD.

Book it.

Short pass(0 - 20)

Long pass(41+)

Welcome to the forum. Great thread btw.......and so the fun begins.

Short pass(6-8yds) to Allen, but based on your verbage the play will exceed 40 yards.

where did i say a short pass will exceed 40 yards?

Sure, i know a short pass should be way less than 20 yards but but i wanted to cover everything in 3 simply options.

However, i like how specific everyone in being on how this feat will take place...

Preseason....play action off on audible. Reggie sneaks behind the RCB for a 45 yard catch and run....a 69 yard score in all....at 2:07 of the first Quarter.

In a related story, there is a Bob Sanders siting on the Colts sideline :) Crowd cheers loudly!!

Short pass(0 - 20)

Long pass(41+)

If 0-to-20 is a short pass..that's what it'll be.

On the first day of the season, we may go deep on the firtst play agianst the Bears shaky secondary...

but we want to complete that first pass Sunday.....a shortie...

where did i say a short pass will exceed 40 yards?

Sure, i know a short pass should be way less than 20 yards but but i wanted to cover everything in 3 simply options.

However, i like how specific everyone in being on how this feat will take place...

You didn't.

I did.

To me the following four plays are entirely different.

8 yard pass to Allen with 35 YAC for a touchdown.

43 yard pass to Allen in the end zone.

31 yard pass to Allen with 12 YAC.

22 yard pass to Allen with 21 YAC.

All 4 are 43 yard pass plays wih 4 different throws.

My prediction is short throw by the QB that turns into a long gain for a TD.

Of course I would have different definitions of short/intermediate/deep, so I was forced to be accurate.

Luck will pull a Brett Favre, and his first completion will be to himself. He will throw up a pass, it will be batted at the line straight back to him, and he will catch it. Unlike Brett Favre, though, Luck will scramble 80 yards for the touchdown!

Luck to Luck 80 yard touchdown pass

Luck will pull a Brett Favre, and his first completion will be to himself. He will throw up a pass, it will be batted at the line straight back to him, and he will catch it. Unlike Brett Favre, though, Luck will scramble 80 yards for the touchdown!

Luck to Luck 80 yard touchdown pass

At least pulling a Favre is far better than pulling a Curtis.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d823d255d/Painter-passes-twice-in-same-possession