Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots release RB Joesph Addai

MTC

hmmmm.. first Gonzo, now Addai. Wonder why they signed them in the first place, only to let them go right before training camp. :???: I hope he finds another team.

they wanted secrets about the colts :cool:

He failed the physical, don't know exactly what happened that caused him to fail, but the Pats usually don't mess around with that kind of stuff.

i think they are saying "physical" but it's more likely he failed his conditioning run that all players have to pass before gettign on the field. the Pats consider the conditioning run as part of the physical. they usually gives guys a few shots at it but must have figured he was done

who didn't see this coming? He's not that good of a RB, average at best.

I couldn't agree more. He was over rated by Colts fans throughout his career. I think Belichick thought he could be a situational back but upon a closer look was mistaken.

I couldn't agree more. He was over rated by Colts fans throughout his career. I think Belichick thought he could be a situational back but upon a closer look was mistaken.

He's not healthy...That's all it is..

he was good for us....but Like Brackett and Clark, I guess......just ot able to play at a high level anymore

Just a thought, but do you think that his lack of conditioning may have had a large role in his laundry list of injuries while in Indy? And does that say anything about the colts' former conditioning coaches? Do other teams have tougher conditioning regimens than we did? Certainly could explain why we seen so many players dropping like flies.

Jamie Duke, some years ago, called him "Pat-Pat", which I call him now. Meaning that he had never seen a running back pat his head so often saying that he needs a breather to come out of a game. I wish Addai well.

You never like to see a guy like Addai just "throw in the towel," but then again not all strength and conditioning coaches or tests are made or administered the same way among all the NFL football franchises either I suppose.

Like ESPN analyst and Denver lineman Mark Schlereth always says" if a team wants you on their roster, you will pass the physical with flying colors."

This is sad Fish. I see others posted this too, but to quit is simply a reprehensible act. If you are a running back who wants to play at any level, conditioning is f utmost importance.

I just watched Pardon the Interruption, and Kornheiser/Blackstone were laughing at him about it. It is a total shame.

It is also a shame both former Colts did not make the Pats. A guy by the name of Ochocinco did nothing last year for his money...was hoping the best for Gonzo too.

IMO the guy was never an NFL caliber RB.... grew really tired of him the last several years running one play and taking himself out of games.

I sometimes wonder what people expect out of an average NFL player. Addai wasn't Curtis Martin, but he was a very serviceable back. Hurt by injuries several years, but he was a good multi-purpose back who could play every down when healthy. He even made a Pro Bowl. He wasn't my favorite player, but it's almost shocking to see someone say he wasn't an NFL caliber back.