Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Texans post game

GoColts8818

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Do you not understand you don’t take a QB and try to make him a different player. Steichen is making him something he isn’t.

trust me, i understand clearly that we took a QB who doesn't know how to play the position. 

I'm not sure you understood my point, but go ahead and read it again.

Each week we need 2 gameplans, not 1. 

1 for AR

1 for Flacco

if you don't understand that chloe, I can't help you anymore than what I've already written

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AKB said:

our biggest complain is that our coach wants to run an NFL offense but can't because he has a guy with HS levels of experience at QB? 

beautiful irony of that

Looks like Irsay will die knowing his team has been wrecked by Ballard. God Bless his soul.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

yall are in here trying to create a coaching narrative about steichen., when this is all an issue of what? The fact that our QB can't consistently complete passes 5 yards from the LOS. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

I’m not gonna be a Homer and say Richardson wasn’t bad, but man our O-line plus the penalties killed us too. At least JT continues to be a beast and our defense really gave us chance. I’m not on the bench AR train, he wasn’t just injured and a rookie last year, he is know to be quite raw. I just don’t see how we commit to drafting him and not see this whole season out with him. 

after this game we have nothing to lose playing ar, imo we may win one more this season, we are out of anything now except see if ar gets better and if he dosent try to get another qb for next season

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, King Colt said:

First AR looked awful in every aspect.'

Their first third down conversion came at 9:55 in the fourth quarter.

Kelly was called three times for motion.

They really blew this game especially AR's INT at the end of the first half resulting in a Texans TD.

Now their next few games will all be bad news. But the 1-6 Browns beat the Ravens so anything is possible!!

The Browns beat the Ravens largely because they finally got that terrible Qb out of there. We are at the point where the Browns just traded for Watson meaning we have a longggggg way to go watching this crap.

• Like 1

Just now, AKB said:

yall are in here trying to create a coaching narrative about steichen., when this is all an issue of what? The fact that our QB can't consistently complete passes 5 yards from the LOS. 

Which is exactly why you dont run a pass play with the half running our deep in your own territory, coaches called a pass, 8th graders know take a knee

• Like 1

This has been talked about a lot, but when Stroud went off the board Ballard had to make a decision. Does he anger the fan base by going somewhere else and then quarterback or did they take him anyway, knowing all his deficiencies, I mean, literally talk about being handcuffed now I’m at the point where I went Ballard gone at the end of the season. And I’m running out of patience with Shane calling the offensive plays. You can’t let your inaccurate quarterback just stand there in the pocket to get hit. He needs to rule out to give himself a chance to run, but Coach just kept him. battling his deficiencies all day and this is what you get. You get the ball on the 20 yard line with about 50 seconds and it another failed attempt

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AKB said:

Ar needs to ride the bench. Send him off to a qb guru and have him work on accuracy  for a year and draft another qb to compete with him instead of handing him the job

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

pretty sure there was a discussion wherein ballard supporters were agreeing that IF AR failed, ballard should be held accountable. Now that it's happening, we are blaming shane. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AKB said:

trust me, i understand clearly that we took a QB who doesn't know how to play the position. 

I'm not sure you understood my point, but go ahead and read it again.

Each week we need 2 gameplans, not 1. 

1 for AR

1 for Flacco

if you don't understand that chloe, I can't help you anymore than what I've already written

This is not the case at all. You aren’t getting it. 

32 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

Here goes another week of people acting like they had no idea this was a Anthony Richardson development year 

Even a rookie QB knows to get out of bounds with less than minute to play. That alone cost them 2 extra plays. He didn't play smart at UF and he continues the trend, now.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

100%. They win if they had just taken a knee at end of half. I have no idea what he is trying to do with this play calling either.

Everyone keeps saying that we could have run out the half by "taking a knee." Not true as Houston had all 3 time outs left. Colts should have run on 2nd and 3 and again on 3rd down. If we made the first down , then take the knee. I do believe Houston would have used their time outs. Also Downs should have never called for a fair catch at the 5. 

• Like 1

Just now, AKB said:

pretty sure there was a discussion wherein ballard supporters were agreeing that IF AR failed, ballard should be held accountable. Now that it's happening, we are blaming shane. 

I think there is plenty of blame to go around in this loss.   The defense played well at least 

• Like 2

Just now, dw49 said:

Everyone keeps saying that we could have run out the half by "taking a knee." Not true as Houston had all 3 time outs left. Colts should have run on 2nd and 3 and again on 3rd down. If we made the first down , then take the knee. I do believe Houston would have used their time outs. Also Downs should have never called for a fair catch at the 5. 

There was 23 seconds left. No one was going to do anything.  

coaching is such a huge issue, that Minshew got a chance for a starting job, and Flacco instantly can come in and connect with players. 

As soon as AR comes back to start we go back to inconsistent ugly football 

AR is the issue --> and Ballard is the guy responsible.

• Like 4

Just now, boo2202 said:

At this point I’m not sure how much you can develop AR. I would hate to be a WR on this team. Feel bad for the defense and JT today, they played a winning game. 

I agree with you and I think the receiver room has no confidence in Richardson. The QB has to be able to see the play developing, not see it developed then react. Start taking a look at the receivers and TE’s body language after a bad or late throw, they may have some inside knowledge on which QB runs the offense better. 

That end of the first half was about a stupid decision by a coach I've seen. First, Downs should have never caught that ball on the punt. If he had let it go, it would have gone into the end zone for a touchback. Then Steichen decided to run plays, even though everybody probably knew before that was a bad decision. We got the ball to start the third quarter. I was saying to just down it because Richardson could throw an interception, and he did Richardson about throw one the play before. That's just terrible coaching. These bad decisions are what get you beat, and it did.  

• Like 2

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I think there is plenty of blame to go around in this loss.   The defense played well at least 

i agree, but does AR look like he's gonna be a 5-10 year starter in this league to you? I believe the overwhelming majority here would say no right now

• Like 2

Can’t blame the coach either. At some point it falls on the QB. Fumble on the designed sweep and missing open WR’s. Couple times AR could’ve used his legs but didn’t. Hard to call offense when you’re handicapped at QB that bad. IMO he doesn’t even look like a dominant or elusive runner. Without that he’s a bust. 

Just now, AKB said:

i agree, but does AR look like he's gonna be a 5-10 year starter in this league to you? I believe the overwhelming majority here would say no right now

At this point,  not at all.   All we can do is hope the light comes on soon

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Ar needs to ride the bench. Send him off to a qb guru and have him work on accuracy  for a year and draft another qb to compete with him instead of handing him the job

Bruce Arians couldn't help... 🤣

3 minutes ago, AKB said:

coaching is such a huge issue, that Minshew got a chance for a starting job, and Flacco instantly can come in and connect with players. 

As soon as AR comes back to start we go back to inconsistent ugly football 

AR is the issue --> and Ballard is the guy responsible.

Ar is the issue, but Levis would have been the issue to

"All I want for Christmas is a new Head Coach"......

This team needs a complete tear down from top to bottom.  Horrible.  Houston should be ashamed of themselves for this game ending up as close as it was.  

17 minutes ago, FRW said:

Again, AR shows why he will never be an NFL QB. For it to be a development year there has to be something to develop and there isn't. I think they said today he has the worst completion % in NFL history. He was 2 of 14 at one time today. Ended up around 33% for the game. That's pathetic. He wasn't very good his only year at FL and not very good now. A decent HS QB wouldn't have thrown the halftime pick. He won't be in the league in 2 years. 

If he was a 2nd or 3rd round project, you might feel differently, but he wasn't, he was the 4th overall pick. What a waste. Who are some of the non-QBs picked after him we could have gotten.

The more I see of him, it is becoming clearer in my mind that AR was way to raw to be handed a starting job as he was last year.  While he certainly has tools that are enticing and things you cannot teach, he cannot routinely make the bread and butter/baseline throws necessary to run a functional NFL offense.  Now, to be fair to him, I thought he started off the game pretty well and got no help from his receivers.   However, things started to devolve culminating in the awful sequence to end the 1st half with the near pick followed by the INT.   I thought his decision making with the routes he was choosing to throw to reflected a lack of confidence in his own ability to deliver the ball on underneath routes or showed an imprudent need to make hero/highlight plays, throws on every dropback.  I would love to see the All 22 on some of those throws to know what was there. 

Bottom line, I don't think the team is doing him and his development any favors by putting him out there if he can't get more out of the intermediate, underneath routes than what he is doing now.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Stephen said:

Ar is the issue, but Levis would have been the issue to

yeah, probably. and if he hadn't waited so long to address QB maybe he wouldn't have felt like his hand was forced on a guy with 10 starts or whatever it was. 

• Like 3