Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay wants Marv Jr…

csmopar

“It’s the start of a great year with AR back and (Jonathan) Taylor set to go with a full mindset at training camp,’’ Irsay said. “If Chris (Ballard) can just figure out how to get Marvin Harrison Jr. here, we’ll be set.’’

per Jim Irsay fox59 interview.

figured it deserved its own thread

• Like 2

Remember, that guy from Alabama is also good, when he was talking about Bryce Young at QB?? Wasn't that Irsay that said it? 

I wouldn't put too much stock into his words. Like a good owner, he stays out of the GM's way and lets his football guys do their thing. I am sure that will continue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Remember, that guy from Alabama is also good, when he was talking about Bryce Young at QB?? Wasn't that Irsay that said it? 

I wouldn't put too much stock into his words. Like a good owner, he stays out of the GM's way and lets his football guys do their thing. I am sure that will continue.

Ssssshhhh no speaking facts sssshh

19 minutes ago, csmopar said:

“It’s the start of a great year with AR back and (Jonathan) Taylor set to go with a full mindset at training camp,’’ Irsay said. “If Chris (Ballard) can just figure out how to get Marvin Harrison Jr. here, we’ll be set.’’

per Jim Irsay fox59 interview.

figured it deserved its own thread

That’s our Jim.  Of course he would want Jr.  Would you expect anything less.?  The best news out of the interview is he’s being released from the hospital Monday.  He’s been in a long time and he just had leg surgery recently.  He revealed he has had 26 surgeries in the last seven years.  I can’t imagine.  Let’s hope it’s the last.  Welcome back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

It's like, "That Bama Kid isn't bad"! (Followed by Eye Rolling from Ballard)

Irsay every year thinks he's helping Ballard by starting 'Smoke & Mirrors' :thmup:

Well,  it is his team.   I suppose he can do whatever he wants

• Like 1

Obviously joking, but there are teams that moved up in the draft from a similar position.

-Falcons for Julio

-Chiefs for Mahomes

-Eagles for Wentz

-Titans for Mariota

-Texans for Will Anderson 

I know a lot of people would be against giving up the farm, but what good is the farm if you’re not producing any crops?

Crops would be division/conference/Super Bowl wins for those who don’t get the analogy. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I know a lot of people would be against giving up the farm, but what good is the farm if you’re not producing any crops?

Crops would be division/conference/Super Bowl wins for those who don’t get the analogy. 

I wouldn't be against the idea. An AR to Marv JR connection would be awesome, but the odds of it happening is slim

6 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Since we have our QB and LT it seriously would not bother me. Chances are it’s going to be lower round picks because this team will be way better with Richardson.

18 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Unpopular opinion,  MHJ is overrated.  I would rather have Odunze or Nabers

Nabers would be easier to get. But the Harrison Jr in Indy story just writes itself. I’m sure it would get MH and Peyton there to watch his games. Would probably force ESPN and more national coverage/games as well. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Most here think Irsay was mostly joking, even if there was some wishful thinking involved.   

Thank God it’s not happening.   

I don’t know I’ll thank god it’s not happening.  He’s as close to a sure thing as there is in this draft so if you go up to get him you should get a great player.  The price tag would be big and that part I understand but I can think of worse things the Colts could do than go get Marvin Jr.  

With that said I don’t expect it.

• Like 1

If he didn't have his relapse/sickness, he would have said this a lot earlier. 

Maybe I'm not as fiscally responsible as the rest of the online GMs, but I would love for the Colts to go all in on this one.

34 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The counter would be watch just about any other game he played his career and don’t read too much into one game.  All players have bad games.

I think he has been overrated for awhile.   I wouldn't be mad if I'm wrong.   His combine attitude isn't a good look either.  I'm sure he was getting advice from some smart folks though.   Something seems off to me.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t know I’ll thank god it’s not happening.  He’s as close to a sure thing as there is in this draft so if you go up to get him you should get a great player.  The price tag would be big and that part I understand but I can think of worse things the Colts could do than go get Marvin Jr.  

With that said I don’t expect it.

My point is….  It might cost a small fortune to get MHJ.   Maybe a large fortune.   

I don’t like paying that kind price in picks for a player.   Most any player.   Even MHJ.   

• Like 3

I’m a Buckeye and I still wouldn’t want to pay that price.  

Now, if he really wants another junior on the team, there’s Thomas Jr.

But when it comes to the 15 pick I’m expecting to hear “The Indianapolis Colts have traded their pick…”

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Unpopular opinion,  MHJ is overrated.  I would rather have Odunze or Nabers

I obviously would love Marv for the nostalgia, but I agree that Nabers will be better. He's unreal.

Jim is the collective Colts fandom consciousness. I swear he's as much of a fan, if not more than any of us. 

I'd love it if Ballard could go get Marv Jr too... in a reasonable manner of course.... or Nabers... or Odunze... 

• Like 1

Made MHJ doesn't want to play for the Colts. Sometimes guys don't want to follow their dad if he was a legend. They want to write their own story with a different team.

So if that was about to happen and if we made that draft day trade, what would it cost the colts?

We have the #15 pick, valued at 1050 draft points (or what its called)

Marvin Harrison jr. is projected to be a top 5 pick. 

So it would at least cost us 1700 draft day points, which we are 650 points away from, IF MHJ drops to #5 pick in this years draft.

But given the buzz around him, the 4th spot in the draft with Arizona is likely to be the spot he´s picked, which is set at 1800 points.

So what would it cost us???

Im totally guessing right now, but with our development under Steichen and taken into account that we might end in the middle of the pack again my guess is that it would cost us:

At least 2 1st round picks and a second round pick. 

Thats what it likely would cost at a bare minimum.

But realistically, we need to give op 2 first and 2 second round picks, which is way to much to give up for Ballard.

The only way I can see this happen is if Jim Irsay tells Ballard that he want´s Marvin Harrison Jr. no matter the cost and dont care about the consequences. 

• Like 1