Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jared Veldheer exits retirement to sign with Colts practice squad

1959Colts

16 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

My immediate guess is there is not good news on Braden Smith

Maybe not all that bad as we only have 3 tackles on the roster with very little (maybe nothing) on the PS. We really did need another depth player at T. But yeah ... it's a serious need with Smith injured

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Does his suspension go back to 3 years ago & what was he suspended for?

The NFL has suspended Veldheer for the first six games of the 2021 season. Veldheer said he was prescribed "low-dose Clomid due to abnormally low" testosterone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shepman said:

The NFL has suspended Veldheer for the first six games of the 2021 season. Veldheer said he was prescribed "low-dose Clomid due to abnormally low" testosterone.

To my knowledge, Veldheer’s retirement did not void the suspension. He still has to serve the 6 games now that he is active

20 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’m not sure if it goes back that far but that he was legit suspended. I don’t know if he served that out or not

I remember him being suspended.   That's why he retired.   I just haven't heard anything about it since the Colts signed him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

I remember him being suspended.   That's why he retired.   I just haven't heard anything about it since the Colts signed him. 

It might be that the league accepted him being out for 3 years as suspension enough and probably had him take a test . Just guessing on that though

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It might be that the league accepted him being out for 3 years as suspension enough and probably had him take a test . Just guessing on that though

https://atozsports.com/indianapolis/colts-roster-move-sign-offensive-tackle-jared-veldheer-out-of-retirement-practice-squad-nfl-week-15/

Destin who some trust around here has the same question.  I like you think the Colts would have done their homework before signing him.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not shocking for a dude who hasn’t played in three years.

I’ll be honest, I think this is a weird signing mid-season. He hasn’t played in three years? Do the coaches seriously expect him to be up to speed this season? Why not wait until the offseason?