Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts and star RB Jonathan Taylor have agreed to terms on a 3-year contract extension

ProblChld32

3 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

That is indeed a massive contract, more than I thought Colts would be willing to pay to be honest.

once anthony richardson showed flashes sunday that was it for jim irsay .  he gave in because he knows the colts wont have to rebuild next year and will be all in .     good move only 26 million is lock in  so if taylor falls apart its a safe deal . 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

And teams now will fear the run game that much more because JT has the pop Moss doesnt. It will open up passing game quite a bit

Thank you your right finally a real fan.  These other ppl aren’t fans of the team with there complaining. This offense is going to exciting to watch now. 

1 minute ago, colts89 said:

Let's * go! They must of liked what they saw in practice lmao.

Hope some of the armchair GMs take this news well :lol::lol:

They won’t and haven’t based on the comments on here. 

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It's not that simple. Clearly the colts wanted to see the product on the field first before throwing big money. Obviously they like the steps AR has taken and their envisioning a win now mindset with the tandem of AR and JT instead of embracing a rebuild. I don't think this deal gets done if AR struggles and the colts are winless.

There never was a rebuild what based on last season with terrible coaching terrible QB play. We finally got a coach and QB now we can finally start winning what positions do you want rebuilt? I know we got some problems at CB positions but that happens with injuries and the deal with Rodgers. I guess going take us start winning this year to get ppl to forget about  last year. 

• Like 1

Exactly like I said. I’ve said from the jump that if he showed up and played this season Irsay would have 1000% given him close to 15M annually. I’ve never had any doubt. None whatsoever. 

I’m still mad we had to go this route to get there. This whole %show was entirely unnecessary, and we could have absolutely used Taylor in these first 4 games instead of him holding in or out or sideways or whatever this was. 

But now it’s time to move forward and actually get back to work. 

Welcome back, now let’s not do this again. Ever. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It's not that simple. Clearly the colts wanted to see the product on the field first before throwing big money. Obviously they like the steps AR has taken and their envisioning a win now mindset with the tandem of AR and JT instead of embracing a rebuild. I don't think this deal gets done if AR struggles and the colts are winless.

If that is indeed the team's reasoning then I'm shaking my head. Taylor had performed coming into this season, we all knew his worth. If a contract offer was done in April we avoid all the ugliness of the past months and more importantly maybe turn either/both of this year's losses to wins.

Bottom line Im happy to have Taylor locked in for 3 more years. But as of right now it all seemed avoidable.

Just now, superrep1967 said:

There never was a rebuild what based on last season with terrible coaching terrible QB play. We finally got a coach and QB now we can finally start winning what positions do you want rebuilt? I know we got some problems at CB positions but that happens with injuries and the deal with Rodgers. I guess going take us start winning this year to get ppl to forget about  last year. 

You're looking at things at hindsight. Rookie QBs are not as far along as AR has looked and you add in losing your best player, there wasn't a lot of optimism going into the season.

I am happy for Taylor. I wasn't sure if they would get the deal done; I half expected him to walk away from the team. He might be slowly implemented into the offense, although they could use him immediately after this contract. I'm just relieved the situation has worked out. 

27 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Wow!

The #Colts and star RB Jonathan Taylor have agreed to terms on a massive 3-year, $42M extension, locking him in at the top of the RB market and mending fences after a tumultuous period. $26.5M guaranteed.

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1710691873759621438?s=61&t=pY1uS5n6JgnikELv7qQZPQ

Happy days are here again!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, ColtV said:

If that is indeed the team's reasoning then I'm shaking my head. Taylor had performed coming into this season, we all knew his worth. If a contract offer was done in April we avoid all the ugliness of the past months and more importantly maybe turn either/both of this year's losses to wins.

Bottom line Im happy to have Taylor locked in for 3 more years. But as of right now it all seemed avoidable.

It's just my assumption. Clearly it's baseless, but I'm trying to find logic in the situation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I’m still mad we had to go this route to get there. This whole %show was entirely unnecessary, and we could have absolutely used Taylor in these first 4 games instead of him holding in or out or sideways or whatever this was. 

Welcome back, now let’s not do this again. Ever. 

100%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ColtV said:

Just now, richard pallo said:

Happy days are here again!

Yes they are it’ll be fun.