Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who To Take At #34? [Mega merge]

SilentHill

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the whole first round to see if Fleener was avaiable after the first. Now, I think Glenn is the choice (if Rams don't take him) to take since we could use big body moving OL to improve the run game, and give Luck the opportunity to get some weight off his shoulders.

If Rams take Glenn (highly likely) or trade down and someone else takes him, then Fleener is the pick since we only have Eldridge at TE.

I don't agree it is likely the Rams take him. OL isn't a need for them, and WR really is. The bigger concern is having the Ravens trade up to 33. They really want a OG, and missed on a couple in the first.

People fail to realize how many quality OL are leftGlenn, Konz,Jonathan Martin,Mike Adams, Jeff Allen,semele,Alutalu,Bobbie Massie,Brandon Brooks. You get my point. there isn't another Fleener in the draft so get Fleener now and pick up any of the OL and I'm happy

I think the J. Jenkins talk just needs to end espesially with the 34th pick. Maybe if he drops way down to the 4th or 5th rd. we consider it, but just listening to Grigson, its pretty obvious Jenkins is not even a thought in the Colts mind at 34.

Meh. I think Hill is going to be another Darius Heyward Bey... all speed and size, with crater sized holes in his game. I know all the experts are all geeked about him, but I'm not buying. He's a shiny toy that will be set aside for something less flashy and more servicable after the initial fascination ebbs.

Not a bad toy to have.6'4",215 lbs, runs a 4.3 40, makes one handed leaping dive catches and when covered pushes the DB out of the way and goes up to make the catch.

Sounds more like a weapon than a toy.

I don't agree it is likely the Rams take him. OL isn't a need for them, and WR really is. The bigger concern is having the Ravens trade up to 33. They really want a OG, and missed on a couple in the first.

Konz is still there though, I imagine they'll just take one of the two.

People fail to realize how many quality OL are leftGlenn, Konz,Jonathan Martin,Mike Adams, Jeff Allen,semele,Alutalu,Bobbie Massie,Brandon Brooks. You get my point. there isn't another Fleener in the draft so get Fleener now and pick up any of the OL and I'm happy

I disagree. The falloff from Glenn to the next best OG (which doesn't include Konz ©, Martin, Adams, or Massie (OTs)) is bigger than the difference between Fleener and Allen, Charles, Green, etc..

I'd also say that Glenn is an absolute steal at #34, where Fleener is a reach. If I was running the draft, I'm looking for BPA and value all weekend long.

I'm also not a fan of the arguement that we should go with Fleener because he played with Luck. I want Luck to have to work his tail off to develop chemistry with ALL his weapons, not rely on Fleener. I'd rather see the Colts draft Rodriguez from Temple in the 5th.

Still a bunch of talent left. I'm all for trading down a little if it's worth it, and while I think DL, CB and TE are our biggest needs, I'd be happy seeing us select any of the following in the 2nd or 3rd:

(In no particular order)

OT/G Glenn

TE Fleener

WR Hill

WR Randle

ILB Kendricks

CB Janoris Jenkins (later in 2nd, if we moved down that far)

We'll have Fleener... the rams will take Glenn at 31 and then take the best WR available with they're next pick which is 36 I believe. That would leave Fleener and Upshaw as BPA and Fleener fills a need while Upshaw would be a luxury pick with what we have at OLB. We made alot of pick ups at OLB from the CFL and etc. We have nothing at TE, we need Fleener and it's an added bonus with the chemistry. It would be an instant great pick, expectations for Luck would instantly go up even with the analyst. They keep saying he has nothing around him and RGIII has the better cast, I believe that would change everything. We are gonna pick up another WR at some point in this draft (#WR?) and if Luck had Wayne, Avery, Collie, #WR?, and Fleener to go to I think the argument of a better offensive cast for RGIII than Luck would cease to exist.

I disagree. The falloff from Glenn to the next best OG (which doesn't include Konz ©, Martin, Adams, or Massie (OTs)) is bigger than the difference between Fleener and Allen, Charles, Green, etc..

I'd also say that Glenn is an absolute steal at #34, where Fleener is a reach. If I was running the draft, I'm looking for BPA and value all weekend long.

I'm also not a fan of the arguement that we should go with Fleener because he played with Luck. I want Luck to have to work his tail off to develop chemistry with ALL his weapons, not rely on Fleener. I'd rather see the Colts draft Rodriguez from Temple in the 5th.

Last time i checked Cordy Glenn played tackle at Georgia just like most of the other ones i named..its way more quality depth at OL than TE

Look at the WR's in the AFC South now: Andre Johnson, Justin Blackmon, Kenny Britt, Kendall Wright. We need a shutdown CB and the best one left is Janoris Jenkins. There are lots of good TE's later in the draft, Dwayne Allen in the 3rd.

Last time i checked Cordy Glenn played tackle at Georgia just like most of the other ones i named..its way more quality depth at OL than TE

He's played Guard and Tackle at Clemson, and is graded as a guard going into the pros. His versatility should be a huge asset.

Historically, really solid TEs are available later. 2nd round is WAY early... look at where Dallas was drafted... look at where Jimmy Graham was drafted... look at where Gronk and Hernandez were drafted. The fact there may not be sufficient options later may be reason to wait for next year, not reach for someone who is overvalued.

Not a bad toy to have.6'4",215 lbs, runs a 4.3 40, makes one handed leaping dive catches and when covered pushes the DB out of the way and goes up to make the catch.

Sounds more like a weapon than a toy.

He also stuggles to seperate, despite his speed and size, because he has awful route running and body control. Look past the highlight reels. His size and speed won't be enough when he is playing against NFL caliber DBs... again, much like DHB.

there was on two TE projected 1-2 rounders Fleener and Allen...OL projected in rounds 1-3 thats left (Cordy Glenn, Peter Konz(who can play guard), Mike Adams, Jonathan Martin, Amini Silatolu, Bobby Massie, Jeff Allen, Kelechi Osemele, Zebrie Sanders, Mitchell Schwartz, Brandon Brooks) theres just too much depth at OL to get later when theres just 4 quality TE in the whole draft you gotta take Fleener at 34 and just choose one of them lineman above and its an upgrade to the line

I don't know. I think I'd rather have Stephen Hill or Reuben Randle. Someone who could be a vertical threat.

I like Fleener, but I think we might be able to get a solid TE later. You can't deny the Luck-Fleener chemistry, and I won't be angry if the Colts get him. But I get the feeling Stephen Hill could be a sleeper and could be downright dangerous with Luck throwing to him.

I wouldn't be upset if we got Cordy Glenn either. That line still needs a little bolstering in my opinion.

Countless times, I have seen big NTs not being moved by our O-line, falling short in short yardage situations. Here is our chance to get a starter for years to come, someone that will play every down on offense. Cordy Glenn, it is

Cordy Glenn has started 50 games for Georgia, 18 at left tackle in the tough SEC conference. If the Saints showed anything with Carl Nicks, they showed you can have a clean pocket with a 340 lb OG pass protecting just fine. Yes, Carl Nicks was drafted in round 4 but when a first round talent like Cordy Glenn drops, we need to take advantage since the Ravens at No.35 would be glad to do so, IMO.

Need should not drive BPA. Cordy Glenn is first round talent without the heavy baggage that Janoris Jenkins has. His versatility is good enough for us to plug him and expect him to be a starter for years to come.

Unless a team moves up and gives up a future 1st rounder, I would stand pat and take Cordy Glenn, who is BPA. Of course, everything changes if the Rams draft Glenn, which some of us fans would probably be hoping for. Given that the Rams tried out Stephen Hill, in all likelihood, I expect Rams to draft Hill and then pair up Janoris Jenkins with their mercurial Finnegan.

Rome was not built in a day and Cordy Glenn could potentially protect Luck for years to come

When the Vikings traded with the Ravens I thought it was to draft Glenn. Combined with Kalil they would have had the most dominating left side in the NFL in a couple of years.

I like Reitz better than most and would like to see him get a chance but, IMO, Glenn would be too good to pass. He and AC would stop any 3 guys trying to come across the LOS.

He's played Guard and Tackle at Clemson, and is graded as a guard going into the pros. His versatility should be a huge asset.

Historically, really solid TEs are available later. 2nd round is WAY early... look at where Dallas was drafted... look at where Jimmy Graham was drafted... look at where Gronk and Hernandez were drafted. The fact there may not be sufficient options later may be reason to wait for next year, not reach for someone who is overvalued.

Did you mean Georgia? Glenn went to Georgia.

Look at the WR's in the AFC South now: Andre Johnson, Justin Blackmon, Kenny Britt, Kendall Wright. We need a shutdown CB and the best one left is Janoris Jenkins. There are lots of good TE's later in the draft, Dwayne Allen in the 3rd.

theres a lot of TE then name 5 more

?

Dallas Clark was a first round draft pick, Gronk was a 2nd round, Graham was 3rd round...should i name pro bowl guards drafted in rounds 4-5 (Carl Nicks and Jahri Evans) just to name 2

Taking one player over another in the 2nd round is not going to make our defense nor our offense like Baltimore's, Cincii's or even Denver's. Fleener already has chemistry with a player whose position is something rookie QB's often lean on. It fills a need along with adding talent.

nominated for post of the day

I don't agree. IMO, a solid defense is the best thing you can give a rookie QB. People always say we need to add weapons for Luck, but if he can't ever get on the field to use those weapons, what good are they? Yes, we need to give him some help. There's no doubt about that, but giving him at least a decent defense would be the best gift we could give him.,

I agree with you for the most part. I think in 20/20 hindsight, the mistake we made before was all the money was invested in offensive weapons so the defense and lines were bad. So I hope we build the defense. That said, I think Fleener should be the pick in round 2. Too big of a hole with his projected value.

I'm struggling with brain farts this morning...

Did you mean Georgia? Glenn went to Georgia.

yes I meant Georgia.

theres a lot of TE then name 5 more?

Dallas Clark was a first round draft pick, Gronk was a 2nd round, Graham was 3rd round...should i name pro bowl guards drafted in rounds 4-5 (Carl Nicks and Jahri Evans) just to name 2

I usually prefer to fact check, but got lazy. This is why. Bites me in the lower cheeks every time. I still contend Fleener wouldn't be an early 2nd rounder in most years.