Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who To Take At #34? [Mega merge]

SilentHill

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fleener should be the #2 pick in the 2nd round of the draft. If the colts do not take him, they will be missing a golden opportunity to create instant chemistry on the team. This is truely a great opportunity.

This is absolutely mind-numbing. There are so many holes to fill and so many good players left, they can literally go any direction with the pick and if it happens to not be Fleener, that does make it stupid. It simply means other players were rated higher. What would be stupid is taking Fleener with others having a higher grade.

This is absolutely mind-numbing. There are so many holes to fill and so many good players left, they can literally go any direction with the pick and if it happens to not be Fleener, that does make it stupid. It simply means other players were rated higher. What would be stupid is taking Fleener with others having a higher grade.

Draft Grade goes out the window to create instant chemistry. If you just took all the good players and put them on one team you'd have the redskins or eagles. Chemistry wins championships.

It has to be Fleener, a WR or Jenkins right here. I really wish we were able to acquire another 2nd rounder. Also I read the Cowboys are shoppin Malcolm Jenkins for a mid to late round pick, he's only due to make 1. somethin million, he would immediately help in the secondary

Don't be surprised if the Colts take Janoris Jenkins.

Waaaay too many good players left on the board to take a chance on a guy with his well documented issues. No way they take him at 34. If he is still on the board at the top of round 3, maybe consider him at that point. But heck, they might have taken him off their draft board altogether.

Personally...I see why everyone wants Fleener or Jenkins...but COURTNEY UPSHAW is still there! It's gonna be hard to pass on a top 15 talent. We'll see if Grigson really does go BPA.

I agree. Personally I'd love to see us trade back a few spots and acquire some extra picks (Grigson did mention doing what is necessary to acquire additional picks in one of his press conferences) but at the same time, I didn't think Upshaw would still be there. I think I'd prefer him over Fleener at this point if we actually use the pick. :)

Countless times, I have seen big NTs not being moved by our O-line, falling short in short yardage situations. Here is our chance to get a starter for years to come, someone that will play every down on offense. Cordy Glenn, it is

Cordy Glenn has started 50 games for Georgia, 18 at left tackle in the tough SEC conference. If the Saints showed anything with Carl Nicks, they showed you can have a clean pocket with a 340 lb OG pass protecting just fine. Yes, Carl Nicks was drafted in round 4 but when a first round talent like Cordy Glenn drops, we need to take advantage since the Ravens at No.35 would be glad to do so, IMO.

Need should not drive BPA. Cordy Glenn is first round talent without the heavy baggage that Janoris Jenkins has. His versatility is good enough for us to plug him and expect him to be a starter for years to come.

Unless a team moves up and gives up a future 1st rounder, I would stand pat and take Cordy Glenn, who is BPA. Of course, everything changes if the Rams draft Glenn, which some of us fans would probably be hoping for. Given that the Rams tried out Stephen Hill, in all likelihood, I expect Rams to draft Hill and then pair up Janoris Jenkins with their mercurial Finnegan.

Rome was not built in a day and Cordy Glenn could potentially protect Luck for years to come

Waaaay too many good players left on the board to take a chance on a guy with his well documented issues. No way they take him at 34. If he is still on the board at the top of round 3, maybe consider him at that point. But heck, they might have taken him off their draft board altogether.

Colts are moving to 3-4 defense next year meaning more MaN Cover play in the secondary. What corner do we have on the roster that has the potential to be a Man Cover corner?

Countless times, I have seen big NTs not being moved by our O-line, falling short in short yardage situations. Here is our chance to get a starter for years to come, someone that will play every down on offense. Cordy Glenn, it is

Cordy Glenn has started 50 games for Georgia, 18 at left tackle in the tough SEC conference. If the Saints showed anything with Carl Nicks, they showed you can have a clean pocket with a 340 lb OG pass protecting just fine.

Need should not drive BPA. Cordy Glenn is first round talent without the heavy baggage that Janoris Jenkins has. His versatility is good enough for us to plug him and expect him to be a starter for years to come.

Unless a team moves up and gives up a future 1st rounder, I would stand pat and take Cordy Glenn, who is BPA. Of course, everything changes if the Rams draft Glenn, which some of us fans would probably be hoping for. Given that the Rams tried out Stephen Hill, in all likelihood, I expect Rams to draft Hill and then pair up Janoris Jenkins with their mercurial Finnegan.

Rome was not built in a day and Cordy Glenn could potentially protect Luck for years to come

Glenn should be there for Indy as I can't imagine the Rams don't take a WR at 33. But he may not be the pick as there seems to be so many players that could fill a void. I don't know how they can go wrong.

Colts are moving to 3-4 defense next year meaning more MaN Cover play in the secondary. What corner do we have on the roster that has the potential to be a Man Cover corner?

Grigson said something last week about what he looks for in a player and among the things he listed was not having to worry about a guy when they are not able to watch him. That does not fit Jenkins.

So your theory is nice but if the guy is just a likely to be in jail or causing issues in some other way, but if they don't think they can count on him, they pass on him.

Jenkins may be a Colt - who knows. But I would 100% bet my house on the fact that he will not be picked at 34.

We have a great opportunity, let us not make a mistake. We can make the O-line better with Konz, Glenn, or any of the other high draft graded linemen. We can upgrade our Receiving corp with Hill or Jeffery . There are still NT D-linemen that aare there that will not be a reach. There are TEs latter that we could draft in later rounds. Let us think "Team" not Luck. The possibilities are endless now.

I think most all of us agree OG Cordy Glenn would be an excellent pick here to fortify this OL making Luck happy and would also give us a very good run blocking OL for years to come. That said, here are the guys in order of preference I want us to target with the 34th pick...

1. OG Cordy Glenn

2. WR Stephen Hill

3. CB Janoris Jenkins

4. TE Coby Fleener

We have a great opportunity, let us not make a mistake. We can make the O-line better with Konz, Glenn, or any of the other high draft graded linemen. We can upgrade our Receiving corp with Hill or Jeffery . There are still NT D-linemen that aare there that will not be a reach. There are TEs latter that we could draft in later rounds. Let us think "Team" not Luck. The possibilities are endless now.

I love Konz....that would be 5 centers on the roster.....Glenn is a monster...and relation to Tarik? :)

Round 2: Coby Fleener TE

I never thought Hill, Fleener and Glenn would fall to the second round! It's kind of a nightmare to choose from so many good players with our 2nd round pick. I think Glenn will go to Rams with the first pick in the 2nd round. Fleener or Hill? I would go with Fleener, because he was Lucks main target at Stanford, fills a huge hole in the Colts roster and the TE class is very weak.

Round 3: Brian Quick WR

Another target for Andrew Luck. Good size, good speed and we need some quality depth behind Reggie Wayne and Austin Collie

I still hope we can get something for Dwight Freeney a 2nd or 3rd rounder would be great and then maybe draft CB or OL. I think we have to invest in the Offense this year. We will suck anyway with so many holes and should go Defense next year. Give Luck some weapons and protections should be priority number one.

Round 2: Coby Fleener TE

I never thought Hill, Fleener and Glenn would fall to the second round! It's kind of a nightmare to choose from so many good players with our 2nd round pick. I think Glenn will go to Rams with the first pick in the 2nd round. Fleener or Hill? I would go with Fleener, because he was Lucks main target at Stanford, fills a huge hole in the Colts roster and the TE class is very weak.

Round 3: Brian Quick WR

Another target for Andrew Luck. Good size, good speed and we need some quality depth behind Reggie Wayne and Austin Collie

I still hope we can get something for Dwight Freeney a 2nd or 3rd rounder would be great and then maybe draft CB or OL. I think we have to invest in the Offense this year. We will suck anyway with so many holes and should go Defense next year. Give Luck some weapons and protections should be priority number one.

I don't agree. IMO, a solid defense is the best thing you can give a rookie QB. People always say we need to add weapons for Luck, but if he can't ever get on the field to use those weapons, what good are they? Yes, we need to give him some help. There's no doubt about that, but giving him at least a decent defense would be the best gift we could give him.,