• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Cordy Glenn

2. Janoris Jenkins

3. Coby Fleener

4, Courtney Upshaw

I'd rank it as such, Fleener is my favorite of the bunch, but I think the other two are too good to pass up on. Colts Win no matter what happens

PLEASE NOT HILL!

Hill is exactly the kind of shiny toy that used to drive Al Davis to distraction. I can only hope he doesn't do the same with Grigson. Everyone is getting so mesmerized by his size and speed, they are overlooking the crater-sized holes in his game. He's a lot like DHB, IMO, and how well has that worked out for the Raiders?

True but DHB never had hands, plus Hill has shown significant improvement in his route running, which he really only started this year because of the offense he was in. Plus what actually wowed me in the combine wasnt his size or speed, it was his hands. He not only caught everything (including the diving catch) but he caught it cleanly. Showed that he has very strong hands. That mixed with his measurable's, which are off the charts to say the least. With some good coaching and hard work this man could become a dominate WR in this league.

I have a feeling Glenn will go to the Rams because they need to protect Bradford so in my mind that leaves it between Fleener and Hill. I consider Fleener a late 2nd round talent thats been pushed up due to weak talent at his position. And Hill a early 2nd. So there is more value and much more potential in Hill.

I think most all of us agree OG Cordy Glenn would be an excellent pick here to fortify this OL making Luck happy and would also give us a very good run blocking OL for years to come. That said, here are the guys in order of preference I want us to target with the 34th pick...

1. OG Cordy Glenn

2. WR Stephen Hill

3. CB Janoris Jenkins

4. TE Coby Fleener

...We need depth in the line..but probably at tackle and we can get that later...

Hill would not start for us although he would be a good pick...we already spent on Avery and Wayne

I would not take a chance on jenkins this high.

Fleener plays a position that is almost vacant on our team right now.

Unless the Rams deal with someone who takes him...

..he's our guy.

If Luck is as good as he is projected to be, and he is given the protection of a first class O-Line, then he can make any half decent WR / TE further down the draft look good. Go for Glenn.

That is kind of what he did for Fleener in college. If he had a QB other than Luck he would be considered a 3rd or 4th round TE, IMO.

I personally think we could pick up a tight end with similar skillset to Fleener in later rounds. People forget, Orson Charles was rated higher than Fleener before he refused to workout at the combine & got in trouble weeks later off the field. His stock dropped because of perceived character issues, but as far as production and talent, I think he's every bit the player as Fleener (if not better)

1) Cordy Glenn (This is not even close)

2a) Fleener

2b) Hill

3) Jenkins

4) Upshaw

5) Martin

6) Jeffery

This is so interesting because I think that Luck and Fleener could be a tandem for 10 years...

..and I would rule out a defensive pick here.....

we must have O-talent......Hill, Glenn or Fleener

...We need depth in the line..but probably at tackle and we can get that later...

Hill would not start for us although he would be a good pick...we already spent on Avery and Wayne

I would not take a chance on jenkins this high.

Fleener plays a position that is almost vacant on our team right now.

Unless the Rams deal with someone who takes him...

..he's our guy.

Wait, you're saying Glenn wouldn't start for us. C'mon Mark, of course he would start. He would instantly be the best guard on the roster since we still don't know if Ijalana can even play guard yet.

Countless times, I have seen big NTs not being moved by our O-line, falling short in short yardage situations. Here is our chance to get a starter for years to come, someone that will play every down on offense. Cordy Glenn, it is

Cordy Glenn has started 50 games for Georgia, 18 at left tackle in the tough SEC conference. If the Saints showed anything with Carl Nicks, they showed you can have a clean pocket with a 340 lb OG pass protecting just fine. Yes, Carl Nicks was drafted in round 4 but when a first round talent like Cordy Glenn drops, we need to take advantage since the Ravens at No.35 would be glad to do so, IMO.

Need should not drive BPA. Cordy Glenn is first round talent without the heavy baggage that Janoris Jenkins has. His versatility is good enough for us to plug him and expect him to be a starter for years to come.

Unless a team moves up and gives up a future 1st rounder, I would stand pat and take Cordy Glenn, who is BPA. Of course, everything changes if the Rams draft Glenn, which some of us fans would probably be hoping for. Given that the Rams tried out Stephen Hill, in all likelihood, I expect Rams to draft Hill and then pair up Janoris Jenkins with their mercurial Finnegan.

Rome was not built in a day and Cordy Glenn could potentially protect Luck for years to come

Chad, I very muchwant Fleener..and I dont want Jenkins..

but I hear your arguement here for Glenn.....and we would have a young, strong line

..we could get TEs later..and we have WRs...Hill seems raw and would not start for us...

I do agree with and, I think most people who have read me over the years know that I consider offensive line the ONLY skill positions (everybody else are just the glory boys taking advantage of the online's hard work). And I would like to see the Colts draft Glenn, but I disagree with the notion that without Glenn, the Colts have no one to protect Luck and with Glenn then Luck will remain dirt free. It's not that extreme.

Good point...we did draft two O-lineman high last year.

This whole time I've been pulling for Fleener to drop to us but after hearing more and more about Cordy Glenn I think it almost has to be him if the Rams don't take him.

Both Fleener and Glenn could make imediate imapcts to our offfense but IMO a solid oline is more important than a pass catching TE. Either way it looks like the Colts are in a great position to pickup a really solid player.

Saying TE is not a need and using Brody Eldridge as a reason why is more of a reach then when the Raiders to DHB.

Brody is a blocking TE and that is about it. We need a real receiving threat to work the middle of the field and nobody on our roster right now at TE can do that consistently. Fleener would probably come in immediately and be Luck's number two target behind Reggie.

If we take Fleener, Jenkins, or Glenn I will be happy.

Heck with how many holes we have on this team you can take BPA and you will be taking a need.

How does one prioritize the position of need when our needs are so great? Answer; You don't. you take the BPA.

We dont need everything.

For example..Stephen Hill is a big time prospect..so is Coby Fleener..

But we need a TE...Hill would sit and watch like Jerry Hughes

Hill is BPA...Fleener is need.

At 2-14, I think BPA will also be a need. I'm not sure that is actually avoidable for the Colts in their current state. That's always the perfect world. Those two things can co-exist.

There is a huge difference between a Super Bowl team and the flexibility of multiple first round picks, and a team coming off a 2-14 season. The Colts used to be able to draft players like Hughes (Jones for the Pats this year) or Brown (Wilson for the Giants). I never saw one evaluation that had Wilson in the first for example, yet the Giants off a SB win and losing Jacobs could afford to do that. I hope Grigson picks the BPA the rest of this and every draft. And if the BPA is a position the Colts truly don't need to upgrade or have depth, do what the rest of the NFL does, and trade down. I think the Rams, with Brockers in the first, and picks 1, 7, and 13 in the second, is a great example of how to restock a roster. Now we'll see if the players picked actually translate to wins.

I really like Upshaw and apparently the Ravens want to get him at 35. Pagano has done some personal homework on Upshaw. It would be funny if Pagano steals him from his former team

I love picking at the top of the round! I certainly didn't like the journey to land here, but it's great being able to pick so early when there is still a lot of talent left. With all the talent left, I would be happy to see us trade back a few slots and acquire an extra pick