Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joke NFL Power Ranking List from NFL.com

BProland85

What a joke this list is, especially where they have the Colts ranked. Behind lots of 1-2 teams and an 0-3 team. Not sure if Steichen is the type of HC to use this, but I'm sure if the players saw this list that would add as extra motivation to prove the doubters wrong. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-4-2023-nfl-season

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

What a joke this list is, especially where they have the Colts ranked. Behind lots of 1-2 teams and an 0-3 team. Not sure if Steichen is the type of HC to use this, but I'm sure if the players saw this list that would add as extra motivation to prove the doubters wrong. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-4-2023-nfl-season

The texans are above the colts?  that doesn't seem right at all.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

The texans are above the colts?  that doesn't seem right at all.

The Texans have a great QB and I can see the possibility they become a top 15 team this season.

We do have a pud schedule and it's possible we become a top 15 team this season.

I would give that today as 30% probability. We can't afford injuries and turnovers.

18 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Alex, I’ll take getting upset over things that mean literally nothing for $1000.

I agree but 28th is comical. These lists mean nothing but at least if someone is getting paid to do these things, get it right lmao . I do agree with their Top 3 = 1. Miami, 2. SF, 3. KC, after that the person that did this list fell asleep at the wheel. Like many of these media people, they follow around 6 or 7 teams and know nothing about the 25 others, especially small market teams chuckling homer simpson GIF

• Like 2

I don't know about 28th, but its right to have HOU ranked ahead of us.  They beat JAX badly and their starting QB for the rest of the season, Stroud, took a step ahead.  We didn't beat JAX with our starting QB, and got our 2 wins with the QB we are not going to start going forward.

Jets have a good defense that will keep them in games/win games.

I have questions about the TEN ranking.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't know about 28th, but its right to have HOU ranked ahead of us.  They beat JAX badly and their starting QB for the rest of the season, Stroud, took a step ahead.  We didn't beat JAX with our starting QB, and got our 2 wins came with the QB we are not going to start going forward.

Jets have a good defense that will keep them in games/win games.

I have questions about the TEN ranking.

We went to Houston and smoked them and sacked Stroud 6 times. So I disagree, we are also 2-1 and they are 1-2. We just beat Baltimore on the road who is easily a top 10 team as well.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We went to Houston and smoked them and sacked Stroud 6 times. So I disagree, we are also 2-1 and they are 1-2. We just beat Baltimore on the road who is easily a top 10 team as well.

Going by the record would be simply....The Standings. 

They do these rankings to take a deeper look into the wins and losses.  I think they are trying to evaluate the teams as they are going to be in the immediate future.  Since our 2 wins have come with our QB that will be riding the bench, its kind of hard to say that our ranking is much different than how the season started, IMO.

I think HOU has clearly gotten better each week with the major players that comprise their team going forward.

• Like 2

Just now, DougDew said:

They do these rankings to take a deeper look into the wins and losses.  I think they are trying to evaluate the teams as they are going to be in the immediate future.  Since our 2 wins have come with our QB that will be riding the bench, its kind of hard to say that our ranking is much different than how the season started, IMO.

I think HOU has clearly gotten better each week with the major players that comprise their team going forward.

I am not just going by record; I just brought it up to add to my opinion. I would rank the Chiefs higher than Philly and Philly is 3-0 for example. We went into Houston just last week and pretty much dominated is why I would have us ranked higher. We also won at Baltimore, Houston got smoked by Baltimore. I can't see 1 argument that Houston would have to being ranked higher than us. JMO.

20 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So Richardson gets no credit for the 2 TDs he scored in the 1st quarter against Houston? They were up 14-7 when he went out. In the next 3 quarters we only scored 17 points. I give Minshew a lot of credit but not 100.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We also won at Baltimore, Houston got smoked by Baltimore.

I don't know enough about BALs injury situation to compare those games.  I don't think the rankings go by who beat who as a strict measure.

52 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

So Richardson gets no credit for the 2 TDs he scored in the 1st quarter against Houston? They were up 14-7 when he went out. In the next 3 quarters we only scored 17 points. I give Minshew a lot of credit but not 100.

I think its hard to evaluate what the Colts are as a team based upon these three games.  The first one being ARs first ever NFL game, and the other two being run by Minshew.

HOU got better in the second half. carving up our D, IIRC, then smoked JAX all game with the same players.  Rankers may take a look at a lot of stuff. 

I'm saying that I like their HOU ranking better than I like their TEN ranking.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't know enough about BALs injury situation to compare those games.  I don't think the rankings go by who beat who as a strict measure.

I think its hard to evaluate what the Colts are as a team based upon these three games.  The first one being ARs first ever NFL game, and the other two being run by Minshew.

HOU got better in the second half. carving up our D, IIRC, then smoked JAX all game with the same players.  Rankers may take a look at a lot of stuff. 

I'm saying that I like their HOU ranking better than I like their TEN ranking.

Minshew only came in during the last few minutes of game 2 lol.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They have the Colts ranked 28th Homer Simpson Smile GIF, that is so comical, this list stinks on many levels not just because of that but the Colts at 2-1 should easily be rated higher than the Texans and Titans. Colts are probably around 15th IMO. 

Isn’t 15th about where PFF has the Colts?

That might be a bit high, really.  I’m thinking 18-19 range.  But with room to move up.

13 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Isn’t 15th about where PFF has the Colts?

That might be a bit high, really.  I’m thinking 18-19 range.  But with room to move up.

I bet some armchair analysts still try to rate us 32nd (I saw one rating of 30 this week). Chalk it up to clickbait (but don't click on it!).

2 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Minshew only came in during the last few minutes of game 2 lol.

29 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

? Sam never played a snap this season lol.

Well, you're the one that said a different QB came in during the last few minutes of game 2.  I guessed it was Sam because Minshew came into the game at the 12:45 mark of the second quarter of game 2 and took over a 14-7 lead. 

The Colts scored an additional 17 points in the second and third quarters under Minshew, who played the 4th quarter.  Most of game 2 was played with Minshew at QB.