Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll: Which QB will they select? Which QB should they select?

Superman

Which QB will they select? Which QB should they select?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you WANT the Colts to draft?

• Hendon Hooker, Tennessee
    • Will Levis, Kentucky
    • Anthony Richardson, Florida
    • CJ Stroud, Ohio State
    • Bryce Young, Alabama
    • None of these
  2. 2. Which QB WILL the Colts draft?

• Hendon Hooker, Tennessee
    • Will Levis, Kentucky
    • Anthony Richardson, Florida
    • CJ Stroud, Ohio State
    • Bryce Young, Alabama
    • None of these

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/27/2023 at 07:00 PM

Draft is less than a week away. Ballard has done his pre-draft presser, and all the visits are done. 

So let's weigh in. First, which QB do you want the Colts to draft? Second, which QB do you think the Colts will draft?

I'm including the top five guys, plus an option for "none of these." I'm listing them in alphabetical order. Your vote will be public. Poll will close Thursday at 12 noon, Pacific.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Superman changed the title to Poll: Which QB will they select? Which QB should they select?

This is a tough one, the biggest decision in the draft the franchise has faced since Manning or Leaf.  I think Bryce Young is good enough to win now and would be my first choice, but it looks like he wont be there.  

Call me crazy but I like Richardson.  He probably has the lowest floor and the highest ceiling in the draft.  He needs work as a passer but we could run something like a read option in the mean time

I'll say BY as my first choice and WL as who i think they draft.

I voted I want the Colts to take Bryce Young but because I don't think he will be there. I voted we will take AR imo. AR has such a high ceiling and it so athletically gifted, I would gamble and draft AR. Look at what Shane did with Jalen Hurts. With the right coaching I believe AR will become a Good passer and he is bigtime dual.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Who do you want Shane Steichen to want to work with?

Honestly, I don’t care.   I used to view Stroud as the safe pick.   But now?   With all the negative info floating around about him, I’m not sure what to think?    So I’ve given up having a favorite. 

If the Colts can convince me Steichen is happy with the pick and is not someone that Ballard selected and is forcing Steichen to deal with him, then I’ll have some modest level of comfort.   I’m curious as to the plan they have.   I hope no matter who the Colts pick there’s an actual plan beyond just starting him from week one.     

I guess we will all soon find out.   

• Like 3

I want Stroud, have since the end of the 2021 season(I never imagined we would be in position to draft him as we are). I think the Colts are hoping he falls to 4. If we can't get Stroud, Hooker and Richardson are my next 2 choices. Richardson could be one of the biggest "swing for the fences" in draft history but it may very well be worth it. Richardson is such an athletic freak he could probably win 8-10 games a year with just his athletic ability. If he becomes an efficient, quality qb he  could win 12-14 games a year with this team. I do wonder if Ballard is going to swing for the fences.

• Like 1

Anthony Richardson, I believe if we draft anyother QB we'll be stuck in 7-9 win team for 10 years. I think we may be picking in same spot next year but after that I think this team will take off. I also think if we draft Richardson, we should trade Buckner, Kelly, and Moore this year. If we draft the other 3 we shouldn't trade those. If Richardson is a bust at QB, at least he has the athleticism to maybe play a big WR. 

9 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

I want Stroud, but unless we trade up, I’d have to image it’ll be Levis. Of course, Carolina and Houston could shock us all. 

i heard texans dont want stroud because he is close friends with watson .    could be a smoke mirror though but the texans could shock every one and take levis or AR   .   then stroud would fall to the colts unless someone trades up at 3

I would prefer Young

I think Colts are looking at Levis as the most realistic QB at pick 4 and will pick him, if possible.

But with Young gone, I’m slowly but surely getting on the Richardson train. With the competition QBs in the AFC, you either go big on ambition / potential, or you go home. Levis will probably be fine, but not something that screams SB to me…

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i heard texans dont want stroud because he is close friends with watson .    could be a smoke mirror though but the texans could shock every one and take levis or AR   .   then stroud would fall to the colts unless someone trades up at 3

I have my OSU blinders on....  But Stroud is extremely accurate with a strong arm

If he is gone.....  its a tough one

1 hour ago, Matabix said:

Anthony Richardson, I believe if we draft anyother QB we'll be stuck in 7-9 win team for 10 years. I think we may be picking in same spot next year but after that I think this team will take off. I also think if we draft Richardson, we should trade Buckner, Kelly, and Moore this year. If we draft the other 3 we shouldn't trade those. If Richardson is a bust at QB, at least he has the athleticism to maybe play a big WR. 

I think ALL of the QBs will yield a weak win total next year

My gut says that we will be looking at it again next year

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

This is a tough one, the biggest decision in the draft the franchise has faced since Manning or Leaf.  I think Bryce Young is good enough to win now and would be my first choice, but it looks like he wont be there.  

Call me crazy but I like Richardson.  He probably has the lowest floor and the highest ceiling in the draft.  He needs work as a passer but we could run something like a read option in the mean time

I'll say BY as my first choice and WL as who i think they draft.

I wouldn't mind Richardson.  But, it will require some adjustments to personnel. 

Interestingly, I see the Colts visited with OTs Dewand Jones and Darnell Wright.  Just a vision here, but if the Colts select AR because he is their desired QB or because he's the 3rd or 4th option, I could see Ballard then taking Dewand Jones at pick 35 to play RT, shoving Smith to RG.  A massive player like Jones, or a very good player like Wright, could help run that Read Option play to the right side, where now we have  Smith at RT and an unknown at RG.

Do we have sufficient blockers at TE and WR? or was that problematic last year without Pascal.

I think this poll is hard, because I see Ballard having several contingencies for whomever is the best QB left at 4.,  He could sell that plan as being plan A all along.

In my heart, I think the Colts prefer Levis, so I went with him.  But I'm not an advocate either way really.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I wouldn't mind Richardson.  But, it will require some adjustments to personnel. 

Interestingly, I see the Colts visited with OTs Dewand Jones and Darnell Wright.  Just a vision here, but if the Colts select AR because he is their desired QB or because he's the 3rd or 4th option, I could see Ballard then taking Dewand Jones at pick 35 to play RT, shoving Smith to RG.  A massive player like Jones, or a very good player like Wright, could help run that Read Option play to the right side, where now we have  Smith at RT and an unknown at RG.

Do we have sufficient blockers at TE and WR? or was that problematic last year without Pascal.

I think this poll is hard, because I see Ballard having several contingencies for whomever is the best QB left at 4.,  He could sell that plan as being plan A all along.

In my heart, I think the Colts prefer Levis, so I went with him.  But I'm not an advocate either way really.

I think when Smith has been our RT for ten years people will still be trying to move him to RG.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think when Smith has been our RT for ten years people will still be trying to move him to RG.

Well, Ballard had Wright and Jones in for visits.  Both are projected as immediate starters and neither is projected at G.  Doesn't mean they are really interested, but those are the high profile OLs they've visited with.  No Cs or Gs that would be projected as day-1 starters had visits of any kind, IIRC.

15 hours ago, Superman said:

Draft is less than a week away. Ballard has done his pre-draft presser, and all the visits are done. 

So let's weigh in. First, which QB do you want the Colts to draft? Second, which QB do you think the Colts will draft?

I'm including the top five guys, plus an option for "none of these." I'm listing them in alphabetical order. Your vote will be public. Poll will close Thursday at 12 noon, Pacific.

I completely forgot to make a final poll this past week. Too much going on… Thanks for making one! 

I still like Stroud the best. But I think Levis has been the guy on our radar for years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

I heard they don't want him because of his agent who is also Watson's agent who they think is an *. Seems trivial but they seem to have there feet pa

lanted solidly.

Levis for both,big arm,high iq ,hard worker (4.0 gpa),plays through injuries with sub par talent and no complaints.   S.S. will elevate him to All Pro status.

AR is so inaccurate his ball hit the turf and seems to not be a leader and quick to point finger. Bust written all over him.

Bryce has a frame that has never succeed in NFL history (Wilson,Brees even Flutie were all much stronger and thicker built). He will not play a full season without missing games unless he can buck every trend in NFL history,not a risk Id take.

Stroud has an ok arm nothing special,wilts under pressure often,didnt fare well on recognition test.....thik he can be an avg starter in league if everything falls right.

Mocks all over the place Stroud falling,Levis rising so he may not fall to us at 4 but sure hoping he will.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Creekside said:

Ballard said they have 17 players rated as 1st round talent... I doubt that four of the 17 are QB's...maybe not even three. 

I won't be surprised if they do not draft a QB in the first round.

Maybe trade for Lance instead.  Especially if our target gets picked ahead of us.

18 hours ago, Superman said:

I didn’t see your vote?

• Like 1

I picked Stroud for Want, but really, I’d be fine with any of them. 

Picked Levis for who I think we will draft. 

I think some people are assuming Levis won’t or can’t get better. I think that’s a bad take. I also think Levis has the most “want to” of the top 4 in this class which can get him a lot further than others who might be chasing contracts. 
   I like AR’s upside, but he’s so raw and there’s not a lot of tape on him. I hope the Colts have seen some improvement on his footwork and so on during their visits with him. I like his athletic ability, but I’d take arm-talent over athletic ability 10/10 times for a QB. Even with his upside I wouldn’t take him with the 4th pick. If we’re aiming for AR I hope we trade back a bit. 
   Ngl that S2 score has me a little worried. That said it’s only one score out of how many? 4? 9? Steichen also seems to be a good teacher and will find out how Stroud takes in information. He easily threw the best ball at the combine even if that doesn’t mean much. Still, when you see him next to AR who could barely throw an out route he looks impressive. 

• Like 1

As I stated in another topic, I don’t really care too much who we draft. I’m comfortable with any of the 4 at this point. 

But I had my choice for the sake of this topic it would be Stroud. He’s just so good already and has the least worries of any of the 4. Size, mechanics, decision making, and ability to extend plays aren’t an issue with him. My only knock is upside. His physical tools leave him with a low ceiling.

Who I think the Colts will draft is Levis. I know Ballard came out in his last presser and laughed at the reports that say the Colts have keyed in on one guy, but Levis’ makes a ton of sense. He just “fits”. Something about him just screams Colts QB and him being a Ballard guy. Richardson does too. I guess for me from a traits perspective, it’s easy to see some similarities to Luck in Levis. Same height, same weight and chiseled frame, same big cannon for an arm, same fiery leadership, and although Levis didn’t run the 40, I’d imagine the athleticism is about the same. The issue is he doesn’t have Luck’s college production and he’s way behind mentally from where Luck was.

Voted with the top results (I didn’t vote for Young because I just don’t see if happening). I personally want Richardson and I full accept the risk. But the upside is wild and frankly, as a fan, this guy will be so fun to watch.

but I think we’ll go Levis. He also has a ton of upside, has a great arm, and can honestly run quite well too. I’m not really too sure why but he does just feel like a guy we would want, especially since Ballard is a pretty conservative guy. Levis is close to if not already pro ready. 

frankly I would be fine with any of the top 4 projected guys. If Stroud falls, then I wouldn’t blame the team, I think we could do great things with Levi’s, but Man, Richardson is exciting prospect.

To me its up to Steichen. If he is truly  a wizard, he is going to pick the hardest worker and at I am convinced  of. If Texans and Carolina pick qbs and  if he is left with 2 guys that he doesn't view as fitting his model, the Colts may pick BPA, and maybe he has his eye on a 2nd rounder late 1st pick guy.