Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saturday throws his hat in for the head coaching job

indyagent17

I so wish Jim Harbaugh would put an end to all this and give us someone we can rally around. As much as Irsay wants to blow sunshine up our behinds, not everyone is going to rally behind Saturday as much as he thinks they will. 

If you are going to tell me "why not give him a chance", I would say "why not give another guy a chance who has done it too". 

The real question is who does Jeff bring to the table regarding staff.  He isn't going to be calling plays and interfering in that way.  But what kind of quality staff could he even assemble?  Trying to remain curious while doubting it would work.

Right now, Ballard might want to get some feelers from his agent to see if he stands a chance with the Cardinals or Titans, both interviewing for GM positions right now. If he thinks he has a good chance, he will be gone, IMO. At least that is what I think will happen as more GM positions come out.

4 minutes ago, #12. said:

Having a top 4 pick and turning that QB over to Saturday makes turning Luck over to Chuck look like a genius move.

We actually turned Luck over to Arians...so I'd like to know who Jeff would plan to hire for his staff... OC, DC etc.   I think given a full off season, and the right staff around him, he could look 100% better than most think, as a head coach... let's not forget how many HOF head coaches started out by looking bad and being fired!

Just now, stitches said:

Yep. This would be such a horrendous decision. I hope Jim is smarter than this... 

Jim Irsay also has a pulse of who may NOT want to come to the Colts as HC. That could be a bigger reason for him to give Saturday another chance to sink or swim. However, I just can't see Ballard OK with it, that is why I feel Ballard will bolt. 

14 minutes ago, Shepman said:

The real question is who does Jeff bring to the table regarding staff.  He isn't going to be calling plays and interfering in that way.  But what kind of quality staff could he even assemble?  Trying to remain curious while doubting it would work.

Bingo. Biggest question is can he attract good assistants.   Jeff was very complimentary of Bradley. I would think maybe he stays as DC.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Right now, Ballard might want to get some feelers from his agent to see if he stands a chance with the Cardinals or Titans, both interviewing for GM positions right now. If he thinks he has a good chance, he will be gone, IMO. At least that is what I think will happen as more GM positions come out.

Who is gonna hire a gm with a losing record who never won his division and missed the playoffs 4 out of 6 years . 

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Who is gonna hire a gm with a losing record who never won his division and missed the playoffs 4 out of 6 years . 

Cardinals who have missed the playoffs just as many times as long as the GM's vision for the team is good. Remember, Ballard is good enough to work with an established QB, just that he could never recover with Luck retiring. As long as Kyler Murray is already there, Ballard might be wanted.

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Jim Irsay also has a pulse of who may NOT want to come to the Colts as HC. That could be a bigger reason for him to give Saturday another chance to sink or swim. However, I just can't see Ballard OK with it, that is why I feel Ballard will bolt. 

Irsay may not want to get rejected by a coach which would be very embarrassing for him.

1 minute ago, Fluke_33 said:

Have they announced when Ballard will have his press conference?  Last year it was on 1/13 the first thursday following the seasons end.  Will it be this thursday?

@Restinpeacesweetchloe have you heard when?

Thanks

Media said this week maybe as early as tomorrow.

Maybe candidates are turning colts down and that’s why we aren’t hearing anything.

12 minutes ago, #12. said:

Listening to the tone in Kevin Bowen's and Mike Chappel's voices, I get the sense that, from what they are hearing, this could actually happen. 

I just can't see it. Now I could see him being a finalist and ending up taking a job in the FO while they hire the other finalist. Make it sound like this is what Jeff decided he really wants to do.

30 minutes ago, Shepman said:

It doesn't matter to me who he can assemble Saturday is not the guy. 

29 minutes ago, chad72 said:

i hope the titans hire him that would put us ahead of them in the standings for years to come while they are waiting for delayed gratification

33 minutes ago, chad72 said:

i hope

37 minutes ago, chad72 said:

yea

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

It’s official Jeff Saturday thinks he’s the right man for the job in 2023 and beyond. He said he hasn’t had enough time to make the changes he wanted to make.

And I just threw head threw a wall , I know Saturday didn’t get a fair shake but it’s a shake he shouldn’t even had gotten if where being honest 

46 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The Colts would own his rights because he's under contract?   I think some team would have to give the Colts compensation, like a draft pick.

Archived