Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Colts at Giants Post Game thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Another game another loss.

I think the defense finally crumbled under a full season of having to carry the teams water.

Sam at least lead a TD drive for the first time in something like 30 drives.

One game to go and this recurring nightmare is over.

Defense finally clocked out today. I'm glad they did. 

Gotta absolutely choke next week's game, and hope the Broncos or Cards win one. 

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think the defense finally crumbled under a full season of having to carry the teams water.

At least folks that want to see Foles... got their answers....

sub 60%. 

zero TDs...

3-4 INTs... 

Sam, not good either.. 

I'm ready for a rook QB

11 minutes ago, runthepost said:

One more game and another L then we can hopefully get CJ  in the draft and end the nightmare

it will take more than a qb to turn this team around. ballard has filled the roster with below average talent at almost all positions. our linebackers lead in tackles for gains not tackles for losses. they look like children playing against men. our high paid lg was pancaked today. we need a gm who can evaluate talent, ballard has failed.

Just now, OLD FAN MAN said:

it will take more than a qb to turn this team around. ballard has filled the roster with below average talent at almost all positions. our linebackers lead in tackles for gains not tackles for losses. they look like children playing against men. our high paid lg was pancaked today. we need a gm who can evaluate talent, ballard has failed.

yeah, agreed.

the colts will need more than a new coach and QB to turn this around.  Those are big pieces, but this is a rebuild now.

11 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Cards lost also.

Thank goodness the Colts keep losing but jeez are they embarrassing.

Colts HAVE to get this QB pick right. If they don’t we are in trouble for years to come. This entire team stinks.

Just looked up the score. Wow! By a single point! 

Really thought they would win. 

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Funny how the Qbs take all of the blame.  As bad as people think Ryan, Foles  and Sam are; the fact is they are being held back by other talent that is worse than them.

our receivers cant change direction on a dime and cant get separation.

Game went as expected based on what we have seen this season.

This team stinks and it doesn't matter who is at QB.

The team was built on having a great running game. It wasn't today and hasn't been all year even when Taylor was in. Without that the team is limited to start.

Add on the horrible pass protection and we see an offense that can't move the ball or score. 

This team is what it is and thankfully there is only one more game that remains.

I just hope we are not stuck with this "leader of men" walking the sidelines again next year. 

1 minute ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

our receivers cant change direction on a dime and cant get separation.

Its just interesting to see all of the complaints about the QBs, like that one position is the reason for the offense.  Like play calling was the reason before that.  LOL.   

Repeat after me.... We are STUCK with Ballard!! He is a "great" gm. He has assembled a great defense that gets "gassed" at times. Our offense is stellar. We have three good qbs on our roster. We WILL eventually win the division under his guidance. Ballard will have a WINNING record at SOME point! This is NOT a train wreck unfolding right before your eyes and it's a MIRAGE that this team will probably fall to being ranked DEAD LAST in the league but in Ballard we trust.... :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

How did Raimann do?     I know he gave up one sack at least..it happens.

He was being billed as our new starting LT before this game.

I think he did alright. The sack was a missed assignment - he didn’t get beat. 

There are some pieces to build around. The defense and special teams are good. 
   It’s going to be interesting to see how this gets fixed and how long it will take.

The thing is, we signed up for this as fans: even when the Colts were good, more times than not, the seasons ended in disappointment.

Even the Patriots fanbase were disappointed most years, if they were hoping for another Lombardi.

Watching the 49’ers. They’re are the team I hoped we would be this year - just a QB away.

I hope we come out like a bat out of hell next year - like we should have done this year. Last year ended in embarrassment. This year has been embarrassing from start to finish. The lack of energy is either on Reich or the players. Reich is gone. Now our high character guys need to step the # up…

7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Its just interesting to see all of the complaints about the QBs, like that one position is the reason for the offense.  Like play calling was the reason before that.  LOL.   

Play calling was one part.. he also brought QBs here.. some also didn't care for the scheme... or personnel usage... and some would argue about culture and accountability... '

Foles couldn't lock up the #2 job last year in Chicago. And Sam is a late round pick... So no surprises... 

But again, you're pass/agg narrative is obvious. 

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Makes sense to me. If your QB stinks your team stinks. We all get that it’s a team sport but until you get the QB position right, little else matters. The Bengals are the perfect example. But I get your point — it’s a roster issue. A star QB, along with a few savvy moves, can turn things around quickly. And I don’t get the fear — if you draft the wrong one, draft another one in 2-3 seasons. This narrative that picking the wrong QB sets a franchise back eight years or a decade or whatever is just Ballard-speak so he doesn’t have to take a swing. Heck, I just want hope. A young QB brings that. Just my 2 cents. I don’t know anything. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Play calling was one part.. he also brought QBs here.. some also didn't care for the scheme... or personnel usage... and some would argue about culture and accountability... '

Foles couldn't lock up the #2 job last year in Chicago. And Sam is a late round pick... So no surprises... 

Pot meet kettle haha

9 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

Repeat after me.... We are STUCK with Ballard!! He is a "great" gm. He has assembled a great defense that gets "gassed" at times. Our offense is stellar. We have three good qbs on our roster. We WILL eventually win the division under his guidance. Ballard will have a WINNING record at SOME point! This is NOT a train wreck unfolding right before your eyes and it's a MIRAGE that this team will probably fall to being ranked DEAD LAST in the league but in Ballard we trust.... :facepalm:

irsay does not want to spend the money to win so he keeps bargain bin ballard

40 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Keep pumping that narrative with the D if it makes u feel better. This is a Giant O with a 

41 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Keep  pumping that narrative. This a  Giants O with  a great  running back and no one else. I hate saying this but the  Colts O may have more talent. The  Giants O is not that good. 

27 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Funny how the Qbs take all of the blame. As bad as people think Ryan, Foles and Sam are; the fact is they are being held back by other talent that is worse than them.

Yea we are just a qb away from being a super bowl . Funny how that narrative still hasn't changed 6 years  under  Ballard. Getting hammered and we r just a qb away. What a joke. 

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Keep  pumping that narrative. This a  Giants O with  a great  running back and no one else. I hate saying this but the  Colts O may have more talent. The  Giants O is not that good. 

Colts are underperforming this season, and I have no idea why... Everything has fallen apart.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Who is "he"?   You seem to be the one unable to divorce yourself from your tired, two year old narrative that's being exposed and seen by everybody.   And now you're seeing ghosts in others' comments.   

I don't have a narrative.  Disputing a tired, two year old narrative is not a narrative of its own.  I'm not a poster who has claimed to be Svengali with special knowledge into the problems with on the field play from the Colts that only I could see.  

The QB is not the reason for the offense looking like this.  Especially Ryan, who was decent last year when he had better talent around him in ATL.

Archived