Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Colts at Giants Post Game thoughts

EastStreet

I’ll say this, and it’s not that I expect it fixed at this point just pointing it out, the Colts offense is the same three or four plays over and over and it’s so predictable that a lot of the time the Colts have no chance before the ball is even snapped.  I hope whoever is brought in to coach has a creative offensive coordinator because the Colts need one desperately.  The Colts look like a team with no offensive coaching staff and if you look at firing the play caller and the coordinator in season and not really replacing them this isn’t that shocking.  

I do think this team has some weapons.  What’s gotten lost since Taylor has gone down the line is starting to come together run blocking they just get down so much or have plays wiped out by costly penalties they can’t take advantage of it.  From there Pittman is good and I think Woods is going to be a rookie QB’s best friend next year.  I know people here like him but I don’t expect Campbell back next year.  Just not enough consistent production to give him a second contract IMO.  So that’s a hole they will have to fill.  Alec Pierce has given them nothing the back half of the season but with the QB situation the way it’s been I don’t think you can fairly judge him.  So I think the offense next year starts with being built around Taylor, Pittman, and Woods and that’s not a bad trio IMO for a rookie QB.  It’s not a complete unit but it’s a unit that should have been used way better than it has been this year.  

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, husker61 said:

i was shocked when I saw that. Could it be the offensive line has no confidence in the two fossils that I think have made them look a lot worse than how they have played last year? Did they give up on a coach that I’m sure wanted those qb’s? I don’t know of another reason for a line that was so good last year regress this bad this year. I really don’t think it’s because of the talent like so many here think. There is much more talent here than all the negative nellies here think.

It's quite obvious to me the problem with this team is (Show me the money, i don't care about anything else). Specifically the O/L. Nelson, Kelley mainly but also Smith a little. How it got to this point is individuality specific. 

Now my opinion on Foles was what i saw but he showed the world what the problem is with the Colts. They don't care!!!!!!!!!! They need to shake things up for next year even if it hurts! Either sit Nelson and Kelley or cut them and be damned about the contract. Same with Smith if he shows no compassion. I know this is outlandish for most fans but they need to stop the bleeding and show the team that they are tired of this %! 

2 hours ago, lincolndefan said:

It's quite obvious to me the problem with this team is (Show me the money, i don't care about anything else). Specifically the O/L. Nelson, Kelley mainly but also Smith a little. How it got to this point is individuality specific. 

Now my opinion on Foles was what i saw but he showed the world what the problem is with the Colts. They don't care!!!!!!!!!! They need to shake things up for next year even if it hurts! Either sit Nelson and Kelley or cut them and be damned about the contract. Same with Smith if he shows no compassion. I know this is outlandish for most fans but they need to stop the bleeding and show the team that they are tired of this %! 

I said the same thing after the Jags and Raiders game last year. Way to much money paid for this garbage. At least Leonard was on the side lines fired up. Our whole team shows a lack of competitive nature. I would cut or trade every last one of them, if they do not step up.

4 hours ago, lincolndefan said:

I agree they don't care. I wonder why they don't care? If we don't solve that problem (which may go back several years), don't expect anything different next year even if we have a great draft.

It could be worse, we could be the Raiders who yesterday became the 1st team in NFL history to lose 5 games in a season in which they led by 10 points or more in the 2nd Half of each of them. In addition to the 49ers, the Raiders blew late double digit leads to the Cardinals, Chiefs, Jaguars & Rams - 2 of those teams (Cardinals & Rams) are already eliminated from postseason contention, while the 49ers & Chiefs have won their divisons and the Jaguars will as well with a win next week.

21 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I've liked Stroud for a while. Hard working kid, and stats are killer. Only thing worries me, he's surrounded by talent (like most OSU, Bama, etc. QBs)... But IMO, he's the best prospect in terms of "ready-now"...

Young is good too, but surrounded by talent, and is too short for my taste.

Levis, and a few others, are good prospects, but were surrounded by meh talent, and likely more of a project. 

I'm good with the D. They didn't get much help from O. And injuries impacted (Paye, Yannick, Leonard, Rodgers, etc.). Good pieces. We need to figure LEO, NB, and Leonard's situation. I think we have decent Ss, just need tweak positions. 

I'll likely do a thread with individual grades, but IMO, we have good pieces, and promising young kids. Sure we need to improve some spots, but not horrible at all. 

Thibodeaux didn't even see Foles in pain (even though he was right next to him lol). It was a clean hit. Two OLs reacted and walked over. Did you expect the two OLs to beat up Thiboddeaux? Just bad timing for a celebration. 

Well there's  your answer right there!!

21 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I've liked Stroud for a while. Hard working kid, and stats are killer. Only thing worries me, he's surrounded by talent (like most OSU, Bama, etc. QBs)... But IMO, he's the best prospect in terms of "ready-now"...

Young is good too, but surrounded by talent, and is too short for my taste.

Levis, and a few others, are good prospects, but were surrounded by meh talent, and likely more of a project. 

I'm good with the D. They didn't get much help from O. And injuries impacted (Paye, Yannick, Leonard, Rodgers, etc.). Good pieces. We need to figure LEO, NB, and Leonard's situation. I think we have decent Ss, just need tweak positions. 

I'll likely do a thread with individual grades, but IMO, we have good pieces, and promising young kids. Sure we need to improve some spots, but not horrible at all. 

Thibodeaux didn't even see Foles in pain (even though he was right next to him lol). It was a clean hit. Two OLs reacted and walked over. Did you expect the two OLs to beat up Thiboddeaux? Just bad timing for a celebration. 

And I could go on

13 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

CBS had a video showing him hitting Foles multiple times when doing his little celebration and even looking over. Here’s the article. It’s towards the bottom.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colts-jeff-saturday-on-giants-kayvon-thibodeaux-celebrating-after-injuring-nick-foles-tasteless-trash/

Then as a medical timeout was happening and trainers were tending to him he does the go to sleep motion. How anyone can defend that trash is beyond me. He was clearly aware he injured Foles. Irrefutable.

19 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Levis had Wan’Dale Robinson last year. And the right OC and a better O-Line.  Yet his numbers aren’t much different from this year. So maybe this is just the QB he is?  I get it. Everybody sees Allen & Herbert and wants one too. Lol. I’m just not sold on Levis being on their level. He can spin it.  He’s talented but raw.

Putting him at QB1 is crazy though.  He belongs in the group with Hooker, Duggan, Richardson, Haener. Those types of QB’s.  Maybe grab him in the 2nd or later in the 1st and let him sit and learn like Love.  

He’ll have a chance at the Senior Bowl to do his thing though and show that he’s way more than just pre-draft hype.  It’s the perfect place to lock himself into the top 3 QB’s. 

Look at recruiting ranks, and talent composite. KY was outside the top 25 in TC. 

In RC, not sure when they've been top 25 lol.. 

There's reason why OSU, Bama, etc.. have great QBs almost every year. 

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

17 hours ago, DougDew said:

Not following.

Criticisms happen folks typically need a single bad guy to blame.  Its not a reflection of what's going on.

Philly had success with Pederson, then not, and now has success with Siranni and a rejuvenated roster that Pedersen did not have in his final years.  And Pedersen is now having success with a JAX team that has finally accumulated some decent talent...more than what he had the last years in Philly.  Success ebbs and flows with talent.  Coaches get fired when it ebbs.

lol... you just put Philly's GM on a pedestal..

they were a mess a few years ago... and their cap situation was a mess...

and Frank took their problem, and in return, gave them capital to rebuild.. 

and multiple posters pointed out that it took a lot of luck for them to bounce back... 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

clicks... 

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Look at recruiting ranks, and talent composite. KY was outside the top 25 in TC. 

In RC, not sure when they've been top 25 lol.. 

There's reason why OSU, Bama, etc.. have great QBs almost every year. 

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

Thing about it is, you can almost tell by the eye test who is going to be a bust, average, or good regarding Alabama and Georgia QB's if you watch their games. I knew AJ MCcarron wouldn't be any good in the pro's and never make it for example. I never thought Mac Jones would be better than average either. Mac is average and he even has had great coaches. The QB now for Georgia is a backup in the pro's at best but Bryce Young will be good watch and see.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

and multiple posters pointed out that it took a lot of luck for them to bounce back... 

clicks... 

There’s literal video of thibideaux hitting Foles, looking over seeing him still on the ground, and continuing his celebration. Also when he did his little nap thing, Foles was STILL being looked at. Thibedeaux knew he was hurt. He’s trash. 

20 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Call it what you want but they both clearly have agendas rather than judging QB’s off of their film and performances.  There was no reason to push Zach Wilson’s stock up based off of that JV schedule he played.  Yet they did it anyway.  Now here they are doing it again with Levis.  Got people posting that Hooker is raw while Levis is supposedly a 1st round QB. Lol. Right.

Check their resumes. Who’s the one that’s raw and who’s the one who followed a 31 TD 3 int season with 27-2 before tearing his ACL while looking like the best QB in the country?  Hooker looking like the more polished prospect and Levis looking like the raw hype machine creation.

Talked this weekend with UK fans who think Levis is over hyped and doesn't play well under pressure. They think the team that drafts him in the first round will be disappointed.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thing about it is, you can almost tell by the eye test who is going to be a bust, average, or good regarding Alabama and Georgia QB's if you watch their games. I knew AJ MCcarron wouldn't be any good in the pro's and never make it for example. I never thought Mac Jones would be better than average either. Mac is average and he even has had great coaches. The QB now for Georgia is a backup in the pro's at best but Bryce Young will be good watch and see.

UGA's QB was a walk-on... so no one is thinking he'll be starter in the NFL...

Young is a coin flip with the height. 

7 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

There’s literal video of thibideaux hitting Foles, looking over seeing him still on the ground, and continuing his celebration. Also when he did his little nap thing, Foles was STILL being looked at. Thibedeaux knew he was hurt. He’s trash. 

He apologized. Early after the play, he was laying down, and didn't look over. 

The OL let Thib have an untouched shot on their QB. No OL touched him, and nobody even chipped him.

They should be more mad of their coverage. And Foles didn't recognize the easy blitz look, and missed the wide open hot read on the left side. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

He apologized. Early after the play, he was laying down, and didn't look over. 

The OL let Thib have an untouched shot on their QB. No OL touched him, and nobody even chipped him.

They should be more mad of their coverage. And Foles didn't recognize the easy blitz look, and missed the wide open hot read on the left side. 

There is literal video of him doing his celebration on the ground, hitting Foles while doing so, looking over, and moving his arms out of the way and continuing. I have no idea how you can’t see that. 

And I think it’s quite telling (and a bit gross) that you put blame on Foles for a play in which he was injured. At the very least it’s in poor taste.

3 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

There is literal video of him doing his celebration on the ground, hitting Foles while doing so, looking over, and moving his arms out of the way and continuing. I have no idea how you can’t see that. 

And I think it’s quite telling (and a bit gross) that you put blame on Foles for a play in which he was injured. At the very least it’s in poor taste.

here's the vid.

on the play... it was a clear miss by Foles. Just because Foles gets hurt, doesn't erase Foles missing the play. The blitz was an easy pick up, and the hot read was wide open. Should have been an easy pass, and no hit. 

Thib looks over briefly after he starts the snow angel, then stops. We don't know what he sees or knows. So I don't blame him for the snow angel (already started), but I do blame for the sideline sleeping motion. 

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

here's the vid.

on the play... it was a clear miss by Foles. Just because Foles gets hurt, doesn't erase Foles missing the play. The blitz was an easy pick up, and the hot read was wide open. Should have been an easy pass, and no hit. 

Thib looks over briefly after he starts the snow angel, then stops. We don't know what he sees or knows. So I don't blame him for the snow angel (already started), but I do blame for the sideline sleeping motion. 

But go ahead.. clutch your  pearls. 

You’re right. The 3rd string QB making only his second start made a mistake. That justifies him being mocked while injured.

And I’m glad you admitted being wrong. And he didn’t stop by the way. He kept going.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colts-jeff-saturday-on-giants-kayvon-thibodeaux-celebrating-after-injuring-nick-foles-tasteless-trash/

Even the CBS reporter confirms this.

2 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

You’re right. The 3rd string QB making only his second start made a mistake. That justifies him being mocked while injured.

And I’m glad you admitted being wrong. And he didn’t stop by the way. He kept going.

Even the CBS reporter confirms this.

He's not any 3rd string QB. He's a seasoned vet who is started a lot games, and won the SB... He missed a 101 play. 

The snow angel celebration already before he knew. We don't know exactly what he saw or knew. 

Foles is "sore".. He's fine.

From espn...

"Kayvon Thibodeaux says he didn't know Nick Foles was hurt when he did snow angels"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35359480/colts-qb-nick-foles-carted-kayvon-thibodeaux-sack

"After a sack, you celebrate," Thibodeaux said twice. "I think when I did realize he was hurt, that's when we started getting up. When you are doing the celebration, you are not looking to see who is doing what. I hope he gets well, and I hope he is all right."

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

He's not any 3rd string QB. He's a seasoned vet who is started a lot games, and won the SB... He missed a 101 play. 

The snow angel celebration already before he knew. We don't know exactly what he saw or knew. 

Foles is "sore".. He's fine. Put the pearls away.. 

From espn...

"Kayvon Thibodeaux says he didn't know Nick Foles was hurt when he did snow angels"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35359480/colts-qb-nick-foles-carted-kayvon-thibodeaux-sack

"After a sack, you celebrate," Thibodeaux said twice. "I think when I did realize he was hurt, that's when we started getting up. When you are doing the celebration, you are not looking to see who is doing what. I hope he gets well, and I hope he is all right."

How many has he started for the colts? And again, because he made a mistake does NOT justify being mocked while laying on the ground and being tended to. Why would you think that?

We know he’s fine now. We didn’t at the time. Enough with the pearls insult. It’s demeaning towards women.

And do you really think he would admit that he saw Foles injured and kept celebrating?! Hahaha c’mon man!

Couldnt help but notice you conveniently ignored the CBS report as well.

How many has he started for the colts? And again, because he made a mistake does NOT justify being mocked while laying on the ground and being tended to. Why would you think that?

We know he’s fine now. We didn’t at the time. Enough with the pearls insult. It’s demeaning towards women.

And do you really think he would admit that he saw Foles injured and kept celebrating?! Hahaha c’mon man!

Couldnt help but notice you conveniently ignored the CBS report as well.

How many starts is immaterial. It's a 101 play for any QB. 

What exactly silver bullet did CBS provide.. nothing... just more clicks. It just describes the vid, we can all see. 

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Foles is "sore".. He's fine. Put the pearls away.. 

From espn...

Literally just him covering his own * with all the backlash. He knew what happened and Foles was hurt.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

How many starts is immaterial. It's a 101 play for any QB. 

What exactly silver bullet did CBS provide.. nothing... just more clicks. It just describes the vid, we can all see. 

Keep with the pearls. 

Yet again, that does not justify him being mocked. Why do you keep bringing that up? Gross.

The article shows he hit him 6 times and that he looked over and saw him STILL on the ground. The reporter specifically stated this.

2 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Literally just him covering his own * with all the backlash. He knew what happened and Foles was hurt.

Maybe. He's fine though. And never should have been a sack to begin with. 

Yet again, that does not justify him being mocked. Why do you keep bringing that up? Gross.

The article shows he hit him 6 times and that he looked over and saw him STILL on the ground. The reporter specifically stated this.

Great for you. 

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

and multiple posters pointed out that it took a lot of luck for them to bounce back..

I don't put people I don't know on a pedestal.  You must have just read it that way.  Besides, I don't like the way Howie treated Wentz before the trade, or didn't seem to stick up for him when Wentz was taking heat, so I'm certainly no fan

I objectively say that Howie seems to know the kinds of coaches and players to get for the system.  Consistency down the line and through several changes of rosters and coaches.  But yes, GMs tend to stick with the vet/old players too long in hopes of continuing the playoff appearances year after year.  Polian did the same thing.  None of them are really strong enough to jettison the old guys when they should, except for maybe BB.  I won't hold that against Howie.

Sure, 13-2 takes a bit of luck, but that doesn't discount the point.  Accumulating capital isn't luck.  AJ Brown, Dontae Smith decisions were not luck, especially since Smith was a trade up.  GMs can get lucky with 7th round OTs.  As much as Polian got lucky with Mathis, NE with Brady, and to a lesser extent, Ballard with Isiah Rodgers.

Andy Reid got fired because of results in Philly.  Got hired in KC and got similar results.  Then Mahomes comes along and improves the talent of the Qb play and now Andy is thought of as even more of an offensive guru and Bienemy is actually thought by some to be a good play caller and a smart offensive mind.   Andy got fired when the talent wasn't there, then rode talent to victory later.    That is the coaching dynamic in the NFL.

10 hours ago, lincolndefan said:

Totally agreed on the Oline.  I mean  if  u r starting over u need to send a clear message. This Oline  is an embarrassment for their play and standing over Foles and doing nothing while thd Giants Dline man  makes snow angels . An absolute embarrassment

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Maybe. He's fine though. And never should have been a sack to begin with. 

Great for you. Enjoy your rage and pearls. 

What's this "pearls" comment. Serious question. You posted it twice (at least). I am unclear what it means, but it seems to be an insult. You and everyone else on the forum knows that is not allowed. I'm going to edit them out. 

Let's all refrain from doing that. 

I was at the game. I happened to go to the concession stand and missed the interception return. But I saw the Foles hit on the monitor as I was waiting to order refreshments.  It did not appear that the Giants defender saw that Foles was hurt before doing the snow angel. At first, it did not look like a big hit, then both were on the ground and for a second or two, I thought they were both hurt. Other fans waiting on line thought the same. A few seconds later I realized that only Foles was hurt. He seemed to be convulsing and I looked away. I did not see that sleeping gesture but that was classless. 

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What's this "pearls" comment. Serious question. You posted it twice (at least). I am unclear what it means, but it seems to be an insult. You and everyone else on the forum knows that is not allowed. I'm going to edit them out. 

I was at the game. I happened to go to the concession stand and missed the interception return. But I saw the Foles hit on the monitor as I was waiting to order refreshments.  It did not appear that the Giants defender saw that Foles was hurt before doing the snow angel. At first, it did not look like a big hit, then both were on the ground and for a second or two, I thought they were both hurt. Other fans waiting on line thought the same. A few seconds later I realized that only Foles was hurt. He seemed to be convulsing and I looked away. I did not see that sleeping gesture but that was classless. 

It's "over reacting". Is that where the bar is set as an "insult". Serious question?

2 minutes ago, husker61 said:

Looks like a top nfl lineman agrees with my previous post. 

So the GM blames others for his failures. The  coach is learning on the jon. The owner has gone off the rails and now to add to that. Not only is our Oline over paid, over rated but add gut less to their resume. However it was  all Frank's fault. The more and more this saga unfolds. It looks more and more  like he was the only  one holding this dumpster fire together. 

12 minutes ago, husker61 said:

Looks like a top nfl lineman agrees with my previous post. 

To add to your comments. I heard this from a top polster here.  With Saturday  ,we would go power blocking. The Oline would improve. So the one thing we all thought, including me, more of an attitude has not come about. So if Saturday cannot instill fear and attitude with   this Oline then why  are we paying them top dollar? Time to cut the strings with this lot. I have heard the excuses saying it was  Strausser. All u have to do  is wat h that clip and this Oline does not give a  ...... about anything but their pay cheequwa.

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Yeah the sleeping gesture is what got me.  The first one I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on but when he went to the sideline and did the sleeping gesture I went what a jerk.  

A friend of mine at work on Saturday asked me if the Colts were going to win Sunday. I said no, they aren't trying to win, they are starting Nick Foles. But, to be clear, Foles wasn't the main problem. Again, we made an absolutely horrible quarterback(who his own team admitted he's horrible by not picking up his 5th year option) look like a hall of famer. Again and again, over and over. history repeating itself again for the past 50 years. Foles did miss a wide open Cox on the first possession and instead threw short and didn't get the first down. Then down at the goal line Cox again was open but Foles checked down to Wilkins 1 yard short of the first down so we settled for 3. Cox was open a lot in that game Sunday, Woods also. So much for Colt receivers and tight ends not being able to get "separation". The lack of fire and intensity is remarkable. But to be fair no team in the nfl has it when they've been eliminated. Players just try to avoid a major injury so it doesn't screw up their offseason plans. And I will say this, Saturday CANNOT return as coach. Bring in Jim Harbaugh, let'er rip Jimmy!

Archived