Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Colts at Giants Post Game thoughts

EastStreet

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Keep  pumping that narrative. This a  Giants O with  a great  running back and no one else. I hate saying this but the  Colts O may have more talent. The  Giants O is not that good. 

Won't act like NYG is great, but they are 9-6-1, and in the best division in the NFC. And in the playoffs right now. And beat Tenn (early before all the injuries) and Baltimore. So not horrible either. I'm surprised that they didn't do worse without WRs. 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

Repeat after me.... We are STUCK with Ballard!! He is a "great" gm. He has assembled a great defense that gets "gassed" at times. Our offense is stellar. We have three good qbs on our roster. We WILL eventually win the division under his guidance. Ballard will have a WINNING record at SOME point! This is NOT a train wreck unfolding right before your eyes and it's a MIRAGE that this team will probably fall to being ranked DEAD LAST in the league but in Ballard we trust.... :facepalm:

Lol. Now u have got it.   U have  finally nmly gotten in line with all the other Ballard minions.  I have no idea how anyone can still be on the Ballard train. I will continue to follow the Colts but I want that man no where near out picks next year.  I think the  only way he comes back is if Irsay cannot get a coach of any credibility 

Ballard has to go. We need a almost complete overhaul,a new approach to build that team. Draft a qb, get rid of who ever you can to get picks and invest heavily on a functional Oline to protect the young guy. Defense... Well keep buckner, Stewart and paye. (Maybe Rodgers and Okereke too) 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Won't act like NYG is great, but they are 9-6-1, and in the best division in the NFC. And in the playoffs right now. And beat Tenn (early before all the injuries) and Baltimore. So not horrible either. I'm surprised that they didn't do worse without WRs. 

Something has happened with this team.  It seems like  this team   has quit after that Raiders game. I wonder if players have quit on this org and namely Irsay??

10 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Makes sense to me. If your QB stinks your team stinks. We all get that it’s a team sport but until you get the QB position right, little else matters. The Bengals are the perfect example. But I get your point — it’s a roster issue. A star QB, along with a few savvy moves, can turn things around quickly. And I don’t get the fear — if you draft the wrong one, draft another one in 2-3 seasons. This narrative that picking the wrong QB sets a franchise back eight years or a decade or whatever is just Ballard-speak so he doesn’t have to take a swing. Heck, I just want hope. A young QB brings that. Just my 2 cents. I don’t know anything. 

I was simply saying that most of the negative comments focused on how bad our Qbs look.  Almost exclusively.   There is a reason for that, and its not because they suck as bad as they look.

The Bengals have Mixon, Chase, and Higgins besides Burrow.  They are all young and growing together.  I wouldn't say that they were nothing until Burrow showed up, they were just young.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Who is "he"?   You seem to be the one unable to divorce yourself from your tired, two year old narrative that's being exposed and seen by everybody.   And now you're seeing ghosts in others' comments.   

I don't have a narrative.  Disputing a tired, two year old narrative is not a narrative of its own.  I'm not a poster who has claimed to be Svengali with special knowledge into the problems with on the field play from the Colts that only I could see.  

The QB is not the reason for the offense looking like this.  Especially Ryan, who was decent last year when he had better talent around him in ATL.

Frank... we all know he has fingerprints on Rivers, Wentz, and Foles.

And we all know you were a Frank apologizer.. 

Ryan didn't have a decent last year. He had a bad OL last year. Sub 100 rating both years. 

Actually, Wentz had a better year last year, than Ryan lol...  

Ryan didn't have a decent last year. He had a bad OL last year. Sub 100 rating both years. 

You're having an argument with yourself...that is about two months old.   Next you will call me a "Denier" of something.

There are more issues with this team than its QB and its play calling.  Its not even debatable.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

so Frank gets fired, and we do worse, and it’s still franks fault.

You throw out “Frank apologizer” like it’s an insult but you seem to have an unnatural hatred of Frank. He’s gone. Let it go. He can’t hurt you anymore.

Frank has a much much better record than Saturday.  Our roster sucks.  We suck.  The love child of Bill Walsh and Bill belechik couldn’t make chicken salad out of this chicken feces.

the personnel issues on this club are bone marrow deep.  

6 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Our roster is weak.  That’s why.  Pretty simple.

IMHO it is not that weak. 

Prior the season start everyone (not jus colts fans) believed, that Colts have a good O-line and decent D, but is short handed at skill-positions. That doesn't mean tha colts were considered as sure PO contenders, but was expected being better than that, what they're showing up. 

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

You throw out “Frank apologized” like it’s an insult but you seem to have an unnatural hatred of Frank. He’s gone. Let it go. He can’t hurt you anymore.

That’s his actual argument.  It’s unbelievable.  But people also thought Hitler was good for Germany so there’s that.

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

You throw out “Frank apologized” like it’s an insult but you seem to have an unnatural hatred of Frank. He’s gone. Let it go. He can’t hurt you anymore.

lol...

Who cares what a interim HC does... like that means Frank is good? and with musical chairs at QBs... and without JT... 

1 minute ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Prior the season start everyone (not jus colts fans) believed, that Colts have a good O-line and decent D, but is short handed at skill-positions. That doesn't mean tha colts were considered as sure PO contenders, but was expected being better than that, what they're showing up. 

I didn’t believe it. 1

2 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

I think it’s clear that most people were quite wrong.  I thought our roster was grossly overrated and said so numerous times in numerous ways.  

This team has no heart or character either.

they played dirty.  No class 

lol...

Who cares what a interim HC does... like that means Frank is good? and with musical chairs at QBs... and without JT... 

I may be wrong but didn’t Frank and Jeff have the same number of QB changes (directed changes that is)? And JT was injured when Frank was here as well.

Just find it funny that you pretty much admit there was no reason to fire him mid season.

7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I was simply saying that most of the negative comments focused on how bad our Qbs look.  Almost exclusively.   There is a reason for that, and its not because they suck as bad as they look.

The Bengals have Mixon, Chase, and Higgins besides Burrow.  They are all young and growing together.  I wouldn't say that they were nothing until Burrow showed up, they were just young.

Bengals were 2-14 the year before taking Joe Cool and 6-10 before that. That’s pretty “nothing.” Chase was taken after Joe B. and Higgins in the same draft as Joe. Get the QB right and things turn around quickly. And before anyone chimes in, I’m not saying there’s a Joe B in this draft. There are at least three QBs who could be very good. If the Colts don’t get one, it will be a massive massive failure. 

7 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Frank has a much much better record than Saturday.  Our roster sucks.  We suck.  The love child of Bill Walsh and Bill belechik couldn’t make chicken salad out of this chicken feces.

the personnel issues on this club are bone marrow deep.  

What position groups besides OL and QB are bad?

TE and WR were OK, and would be better with a new scheme, and improved QB and OL.

JT was good once Jeff came, and before injury. Most productive span of the year. 

DL was improved. Sacks and pressures improved, and with Paye injured a decent amount, and Yannick would have 10+ sacks without injury. 

DB was fine

LB was passable, even without Leonard. Just minus turnovers. 

2 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Bengals were 2-14 the year before taking Joe Cool and 6-10 before that. That’s pretty “nothing.” Chase was taken after Joe B. and Higgins in the same draft as Joe. Get the QB right and things turn around quickly. And before anyone chimes in, I’m not saying there’s a Joe B in this draft. There are at least three QBs who could be very good. If the Colts don’t get one, it will be a massive massive failure. 

Joe’s pretty special.

2 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Who’s Joe b?

6 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

o-line is poor, nelson got pancaked today, receivers cant change direction and get separation, lbs lead in tackles for gains not tackles for losses. pass rushers cant finish, defense allows big gains on third and long, I could go on and on about how poor ballards talent level on his roster he built

5 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I may be wrong but didn’t Frank and Jeff have the same number of QB changes (directed changes that is)? And JT was injured when Frank was here as well.

Just find it funny that you pretty much admit there was no reason to fire him mid season.

Look at JTs game by game stats. Pretty obvious. 

An interim HC with no experience, with an amateur play caller, with Frank's play book... means what? lol

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

What position groups besides OL and QB are bad?

TE and WR were OK, and would be better with a new scheme, and improved QB and OL.

JT was good once Jeff came, and before injury. Most productive span of the year. 

DL was improved. Sacks and pressures improved, and with Paye injured a decent amount, and Yannick would have 10+ sacks without injury. 

DB was fine

LB was passable, even without Leonard. Just minus turnovers. 

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

Before we get too down on the Colts, they did go into this game with more than just one hand tied behind their backs.

• Their one offensive star, Jonathan Taylor, is on IR
  • They are now on their 3rd string QB (which didn't make much difference)
  • The OL is still unsettled
  • Rodgers is out, and Facyson got hurt, leaving us with only one legitimate CB
  • Sack leader Ngakoue on IR; we got zero sacks today
  • Emotional leader and big-time playmaker Leonard has been out all year

Did we seriously think that we could win vs a playoff team with a 4th quarter preseason roster?

That being said, I don't want to hear Jim Irsay ever say "Jeff Saturday is a strong candidate" ever again.  No.  He's not.  It's nothing but misplaced nepotism that got him the interim HC position in the first place.  And it's been historically bad football for most of his tenure.  This is bad.  This is beyond bad.  This is Start Over bad.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Look at JTs game by game stats. Pretty obvious. 

An interim HC with no experience, with an amateur play caller, with Frank's play book... means what? lol

Wasn’t JT injured earlier this year too?

Why did we keep franks play book? If that was the bane of our existence, why keep it?

I don’t think your points refute what I’m saying. We’ve gotten worse as a team since Frank was fired.

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

You're having an argument with yourself...that is about two months old.   Next you will call me a "Denier" of something.

There are more issues with this team than its QB and its play calling.  Its not even debatable.

How can anyone watch this team and say the issues were solely qb and Frank? It's a damn disaster. There are people much smarter than me and I can acknowledge that  but damn I was so right about this team. First we heard once Frank was gone the Oline and  once would get better.  U can look at this  team and I believe .are the argument that he did a lot with not much. Tell me please, I beg u. Where r the game changers on this offence?  I cannot name one player  on this offence that is worth keeping. Not one!!! I bet we we get a rookie qb and  win like three games the  narrative wil switch to something else. This team

has lost faith  in ownership and the front  office and that is truly disturbing.

Wasn’t JT injured earlier this year too?

Why did we keep franks play book? If that was the name of our existence, why keep it?

I don’t think your points refute what I’m saying. We’ve gotten worse as a team since Frank was fired.

Was JT injured all day lol? no... 

Did he miraculously heal with Jeff?

Dude... teams don't switch playbooks with a interim in the middle of year... 

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

How can anyone watch this team and say the issues were solely qb and Frank? It's a damn disaster. There are people much smarter than me and I can acknowledge that  but damn I was so right about this team. First we heard once Frank was gone the Oline and  once would get better.  U can look at this  team and I believe .are the argument that he did a lot with not much. Tell me please, I beg u. Where r the game changers on this offence?  I cannot name one player  on this offence that is worth keeping. Not one!!! I bet we we get a rookie qb and  win like three games the  narrative wil switch to something else. This team

has lost faith  in ownership and the front  office and that is truly disturbing.

You’re a comedy writer right.  Lol

Just now, EastStreet said:

Was JT injured all day lol? no... 

Did he miraculously heal with Jeff?

Dude... teams don't switch playbooks with a interim in the middle of year... 

Then what was the point of firing him mid season if they weren’t going to change the scheme and continue with what wasn’t working?

Thanks for playing!

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Sorry... a new HC (with a new scheme), a few OL fixes, and a new QB (finally a good one), will make things different. 

If you want a complete rebuild, you're likely be disappointed. 

I think we are all going to be disappointed for a while man.  We are likely to be 5th in the draft and I think people will trade up to get these 3 QBs.

If we h it at QB we could reach mediocrity again in a couple years but we are an obviously badly constructed football team.

Then what was the point of firing him mid season if they weren’t going to change the scheme and continue with what wasn’t working?

Thanks for playing!

lol... tell me what team ever fired a HC mid season... and totally changed the playbook... 

good lord.. 

The point is eval. Simple as that. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

lol... tell me what team ever fired a HC mid season... and totally changed the playbook... 

good lord.. 

The point is eval. Simple as that. 

Lol you’re avoiding the question. Why fire him if there was no benefit? Eval can happen without firing mid season.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is far out there but I think it’s possible Irsay saw this team going no where and he did some off the wall thighs to tank and Ballard is in on it. Otherwise none of it makes sense.

Ive been wondering this too. I do think Frank would of been able to rally the team at the end of the year and we would of been out of position to get a QB. Frank always started the season slow then picked it up mid season once he figured out his team's strengths. Something he should of known in the offseason.

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Quenton Nelson looked awful. Lawrence absolutely bullied him today. 

Almost every so called “elite” player has underperformed this season. I can’t think that another does of Ballard or Saturday is going to change anything.

Difficult People Reaction GIF by HULU

he’s laughing all the way to the bank.  He’s a shell of his former self probably back related  but genius Ballard had to extend him to that albatross.  

he’s bang average these last 2 seasons,

Archived