Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Say we have a Top 5 pick and…

chad72

…The Packers come calling giving Aaron Rodgers for a Top 5 pick and future 1st rounder…and us assuming his contract.

Would you do it? Or would you be gun shy of veteran QBs for good?

Just make an argument based on QB abilities, not based on whether you like him or not.

4 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

No it looks just like every other QB not named Brady who gets up in age. Starting to fall off a cliff

His arm is just as good but our WR talent is better than what the Packers have, IMO. 

The true problem is how much we are on the hook for Ryan and going with a rookie QB might be our only option, given all the contracts doled out by Ballard?? (Which is the reason Ballard should also go)

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

…The Packers come calling giving Aaron Rodgers for a Top 5 pick and future 1st rounder…and us assuming his contract.

Just make an argument based on QB abilities, not based on whether you like him or not.

Oh brother!!

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I don't think rogers has lost it that much that fast. It may seem management has taken the heart out of him or he's trying to play his way out of green bay. 

I'd be willing to trade for him but would also want to try and draft a top college prospect too for the near future. Not sure both can happen but he may be easier to acquire than you think?

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I don't think rogers has lost it that much that fast. It may seem management has taken the heart out of him or he's trying to play his way out of green bay. 

I'd be willing to trade for him but would also want to try and draft a top college prospect too for the near future. Not sure both can happen but he may be easier to acquire than you think?

Well, Irsay might not be willing to go with another unvaccinated guy, lol :) 

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

No. He is old, and he is about washed. 

No more veteran quarterbacks. This team is not in a win now mode. 

28 minutes ago, chad72 said:

No

no

NO

32 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Absolutely not

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Call me stupid or crazy, but I’m staying with Sam E if it were me. Drafting either the best LT on the board or the best WR/TE. I’m trading Kelly, drafting a new center. 

I don't know if that would be the right decision or not, but I don't get why so many think that a college QB would be better than a QB who has made an NFL roster and earned a couple of starts....who probably also had better college numbers than any of these highly touted QBs to boot.

Theoretically, we could rebuild the oline in one draft, using picks that are more suited to an oline, and sign a FA G.

51 minutes ago, chad72 said:

no, no, no, a thousand times no.  We've already had too many QB's that should have retired already.  If we have a top 5 pick, we choose a young guy and run with him.

36 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I would say his chances are higher than zero rn

You could draft a QB but OL needs lots of help

One of two things is true…

Ballard doesn’t get fired - no way he rides with Sam and likely loses his job when the Colts miss the playoffs next year.

Ballard gets fired - no way a new GM is coming in and letting Ehlinger be the QB that starts their tenure.

He’s just not that good. Sorry, but he’s just not. 

Irsay was clearly * about missing the playoffs last year. He can’t be happy with how this season has gone. He’s gonna want a more proven guy or elite ceiling rookie, not Sam. 

1 minute ago, TheNextGM said:

One of two things is true…

Ballard doesn’t get fired - no way he rides with Sam and likely loses his job when the Colts miss the playoffs next year.

Ballard gets fired - no way a new GM is coming in and letting Ehlinger be the QB that starts their tenure.

He’s just not that good. Sorry, but he’s just not. 

Irsay was clearly * about missing the playoffs last year. He can’t be happy with how this season has gone. He’s gonna want a more proven guy or elite ceiling rookie, not Sam. 

Everyone is gonna struggle behind this OL

Until that is fixed doesn't matter who is back there

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

I don't know if that would be the right decision or not, but I don't get why so many think that a college QB would be better than a QB who has made an NFL roster and earned a couple of starts....who probably also had better college numbers than any of these highly touted QBs to boot.

Theoretically, we could rebuild the oline in one draft, using picks that are more suited to an oline, and sign a FA G.

Sam best college season stats would be the worse for CJ and Bryce. Hell CJ basically matched his best season in 6 less games during the Covid year.

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

are you crazy trading a top 3 QB prospect for a 40 year old QB no way .  

if the colts lose out they need to try and trade every one of value .  smith kelly nelson leonard

U did say anyone of value. Who in that group u listed  has any value as of Nov 2022 and what value u think they will have i. 2023??

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

How hilariously ironic

Man I’m hurt by this season but I’m not even mad I know we need a reset and this is the type of season it took for irsay to see frank ain’t it. We get some luck in the draft no pun intended and we gonna make some noise with a first year head coach 

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

It will be interesting if the Packers get a high pick. Would they trade Rodgers? Minds well as he works still carry some weight.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

U did say anyone of value. Who in that group u listed  has any value as of Nov 2022 and what value u think they will have i. 2023??

there is a sucker that falls for it every time at least try to trade them .    we got wentz for two thirds after that horrible last two games last year .

Archived