Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Game 2: Colts @Jaguars, Sun, Sept. 18, 2022, 1PM

NFLfan

5 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

That would be silly. I mean the team is set for this year and not coach or GM is changing hints at this stage.

It’s not about that. It’s about showing players & coaches that their is an expectation for winning here in Indy. 

Reich needs fired. Jets have a bad team & still can come out with good play calls, etc. 

Reich should have never been the play-caller.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SR711 said:

East, I would agree that Reich has more than his fair share of faults.  Your points are 100% valid, but as you know a HC will  only go so far as the talent on the roster.  To be clear, I am not sold on him at all as coach that can lead this team to a higher level.

However, I see this team having serious talent issues at critical positions that typically leverage wins and that to me is a Chris Ballard issue. 

On the bolded, I believe Reich's prep, game plan, scheme, play calling, etc... simply is horrible. 

A coach can make talent look worse. It's why a coach change can make a team looks different. 

And this game.... example of Pederson >>>>> Reich.... 

Ballard has really messed this up. In a league that values Qb's, Wr's and Pass Rush the most, he has failed to find Lucks replacement, failed to provide adequate pass rush and absolutely has gone complete dummy on the WR position.

Instead we have most of our money tied up in a G, the highest paid Oline that cant block, and a linebacker.

• Like 1

Just now, EastStreet said:

On the bolded, I believe Reich's prep, game plan, scheme, play calling, etc... simply is horrible. 

A coach can make talent look worse. It's why a coach change can make a team looks different. 

And this game.... example of Pederson >>>>> Reich.... 

the jags have a very good pass rush much better wrs and offensive line protection .   you can switch spots and the colts will still lose with peterson . 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• what a cute little tantrum     Thank you Dr. Pallo for your armchair diagnosis.  You need better glasses if this is how you see it.      whole lot of absurdity in these 2 posts.  well done guys 
    • Thursday Night Football Buccaneers vs. Falcons   International Game Jets vs Vikings   Sunday Games Panthers vs. Bears Ravens vs. Bengals Bills vs. Texans Colts vs. Jaguars Dolphins vs. Patriots Browns vs. Commanders Raiders vs. Broncos Cardinals vs. 49ers Packers vs. Rams Giants vs. Seahawks   Sunday Night Football Cowboys vs. Steelers   Monday Night Football Saints vs. Chiefs   Teams on a bye:  Lions, Chargers, Eagles, Titans
    • Why do they even bother keeping him around? Too bad they didn’t keep Bean instead then eh?
    • If you want detailed breakdowns about QB play, there's no one better than JT O'Sullivan. His YT channel is called QB School, and he gives what you're looking for. Good place to start, go to the 11:30 mark of this video for discussion about footwork: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOTCdHFsQgs   My opinion on the 2nd pass to Pittman is going to be unpopular. I think Pittman ran his route at half speed, and broke off too early. Watch his route, pay attention to the cushion from the DB, and look at when Richardson throws the ball. The throw is to the sideline, at the marker. Pittman runs his route just short of the marker, and is still about two yards away from the sideline when the ball arrives.    It's an RPO, so the timing of the throw is critical. I don't think Richardson was rushing, and I think his footwork and mechanics are fine on this throw. He's lined up to throw to the left, he opens his hip so he's not fighting across his body, he doesn't short arm or drop his arm slot like he sometimes does on quick throws. These are the problems he's had on throws to the left at times this season, and I don't think those were a factor on this throw. I'd like for him to set his front foot more deliberately, but he gets his foot down and executes an acceptable throwing motion. I think Pittman wasn't where he was supposed to be. He should have been about a yard further downfield, and closer to the sideline, which he would have been had he run his route with a little more urgency.   I'll also say that this is a throw where Richardson could stand to take some speed off of it. A softer throw would allow Pittman an opportunity to adjust and make the catch. And with the separation from the DB, there was enough time for a more accommodating pass. Richardson will need to figure out when to use one of his shorter clubs, particularly when throwing to Pittman, who doesn't always run his routes with his hair on fire.    By the way, contrast this with Richardson's overthrow to Pittman vs the Bears, when he's throwing across his body to the left, and his feet aren't planted to throw. Or the 4th and 2 against the Texans, overthrow to AD Mitchell, when Richardson drops his arm angle and the ball sails on him. These inaccuracies are due to mechanics.    The throw to Pittman this week was fine mechanically, and I don't think he necessarily missed his spot. At first, I assumed it was another inaccurate throw to the left. After watching more closely, I think he needs to get in sync with Pittman on routes like that. We can blame either one of them, or both, but I don't think it's an issue of him being unable to put the ball where he wants to. Not on that throw.
  • Members

• IinD

IinD 4,743

• JediXMan

JediXMan 5,098

• jal8908

jal8908 0

Rookie
    • coltsblue1844

coltsblue1844 452

• FRW

FRW 234