Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Season Opener, Colts @ Texans, Sept. 11, 2022, 1 PM EDT

NFLfan

1 minute ago, IndySouthsider said:

Every defender bit!!! Can I just say, stop hiring Jaguar coaches! Gus Bradley? Really?

You rarely ever see a flea flicker being called, so I hardly blame them for biting on it. It didn't help that they had someone so fast like Cooks running deep too.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

They can't be on the field much, or else you take away the three-WR set or 2 TE set.  If they are on the field alot, then you are advertising a gadget play, or, if you don't run it, there is one less blocker.

To have two RBs in the same backfield together, at least one needs to be able to lead block for the times when you just run JT normally.   Hines is pretty useless as a RB and always has been.  Sometimes he flashes with a good play, but he's not a guy that fits well into most situations that would allow him to be on the field alot. 

Agree about Lindsay...which would reduce Hines snaps even more...and making his $6mil extension a real head scratcher as it should be.  

Well, I said it before, Hines should be the 2nd / 3rd receiver guy on the field at all times, basically.  Plus, that opens up all kinds of mismatches.  Think how KC used Tyreek Hill. Hines could be in that role.

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

lots of overreacting 

it's week 1 folks

colts usually start slow

this shouldn't surprise anybody 

With the off season we had and the talk of being in win now mode, this needs to stop. We need to start winning. 

This is such a bad look for Reich and Ballard. 

• Like 1

Just now, rockywoj said:

Well, I said it before, Hines should be the 2nd / 3rd receiver guy on the field at all times, basically.  Plus, that opens up all kinds of mismatches.  Think how KC used Tyreek Hill. Hines could be in that role.

Agree.  If people want him on the field, he needs to be an option alternative to Pitt.  Using him as JTs replacement is a misuse.

BUT...he was Mack's replacement before JT, and got a $6 mil extension for being used like that.

Apparently, most of us see something the FO doesn't.  Probably visa versa though.  

Back to the game......

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

How? How are they Rusty and Houston is not?

That's my question 

Also.....at this point, the common denominator is beginning to look like Frank.....if it stays this uninspired, Gus may be our next HC.

It’s Reich, he is a poor play caller and just has never had this team prepared like they should be. It’s on him. 

• Like 1