Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brandon Facyson headed to colts

Just now, tvturner said:

Facyson at best is going to be the CB4.

Corner is probably 5th or 6th on the list of needs for this team

Maybe so. I don't care if we got a top corner. I was using Corner as an example of positions of need this team has.

CB

WR

TE

LT

Edge Rush

QB

K

Pick one, whatever one they deem important and go get it. Just make sure it's a proven player not beyond their prime with real talent already developed. 

It should have been Michael Gallup last year. If the Colts throw a second to Dallas last year, Gallup is on this team, but one year later after Dallas wakes up to the overblown Cooper contract it's too late. 

I'm just over the project guys that take a couple years to develop, if at all. Again, all that does is kick the can down the road

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Indeee said:

For all you know, he's the only one who knows exactly how Bradley likes his coffee... :sip:

That still doesn't take away from the fact he is a project guy

He had a low comp% against last season thne Carrie has ever had in any season, so unless he regresses an upgrade over what we had in that spot last year and is younger to boot.

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

Come on? That take is completely unfair and you know it. Void of talent, this team continues to add projects. Who cares if he turns out productive like Autry. Why can't this guy go sign someone that actually is already proven?

For God's sake Free Agency starts tomorrow at 12 pm. you actually think the Colts are done in FA? 

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

It should have been Michael Gallup last year. If the Colts throw a second to Dallas last year, Gallup is on this team, but one year later after Dallas wakes up to the overblown Cooper contract it's too late. 

Can you provide a source? Who is your insider? 

We as fans don't know who we really go after and who we don't until we are told and If we are told. 

Just because a fan thinks somebody is just a guy or a star don't mean the guys making the decisions do. Hindsight is always 20/20 though.  

2 hours ago, Indeee said:

Brother, I don't even care what position of need, outside of the QB, the Colts deem most important. Let's say it's LT. Then go get the tackle. Pay the money. Get the tackle before someone else does. Same applies if TE is valued a bigger need.

Is that too much to ask? Then wait till the market dies down for all other needs, that's fine, but at least go get one talented player of need. He won't and by him not doing so it shows a real lack of awareness and that should scare us all. 

The most important need a team has should be the one focused on first, not just addressed somewhere in the middle of a bunch of depth signings. By focusing on the most important need above all else it shows the fan base you are aware their is an issue and you are addressing it. 

That's the issue and agree or not, it's a joke and it's all on us Colt fans

PLEASE  Ballard, NEVER go out and way over pay on day 1 to satisfy the wacko supposed Colts fans.
 And ALWAYS get us the best 53 man + players that the salary cap allows.

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Who is to say they don’t think he can?  Most people didn’t see Autry being anything when he was signed either yet he turned out to be a really good player for the Colts.  The Colts have his former DC running their defense I don’t think the Colts make this move if he wasn’t high on his development.

We have been burned more than we hit with this mindset and Ballard constantly say he made a mistake with expecting these guys to step up and not having proven/vet player 

2 hours ago, Indeee said:

No, I'm comparing the fact that we never try to just acquire real talent. This year we could have tried to sign JC Jackson if we believed that Jackson was the best corner, knowing that we need Corner help in a big way. 

To me, we need a true starter at corner, not just a guy who will eventually start based on being the best bum out of 6 other bums at camp.

They commented on the NFL network today that Jackson was a 1 year wonder and they questions giving that much money to a guy who had 1 good year in his career but I am sure you know much more than these guys from reading your posts. If he was that good why did the Pats let him go?

49 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

They commented on the NFL network today that Jackson was a 1 year wonder and they questions giving that much money to a guy who had 1 good year in his career but I am sure you know much more than these guys from reading your posts. If he was that good why did the Pats let him go?

He’s allowed the lowest passer rating in man and zone coverages the last 2 years

I hope we make some big signings also, but I'm amazed that people really believe Ballard should sign players in the order they think they should be signed. What possible difference could it make unless the Colts are losing out on players they wanted?

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

PLEASE  Ballard, NEVER go out and way over pay on day 1 to satisfy the wacko supposed Colts fans.
 And ALWAYS get us the best 53 man + players that the salary cap allows.

Bad argument. This isn't a competition between Ballard and "wacko" Colts fans. This is a competition between Ballard and 31 other GMs to win a SB. Right now, those other 31 GMs have made Ballard look pretty poor since 2017 since he's been here. The fans have 0 power. They just voice their opinion. Maybe Ballard needs to do a better job and stop being so stubborn.

5 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Raiders fans like him so maybe there is some upside.

I thought he came in off the bench and played decent. 

Bradley is going to add a few of "his guys" to this team. I believe Facyson and Heyward have followed him from Chargers-Raiders-Colts. 

Right before the season started last year Bradley brought in a number of his guys who made a big difference last year including Darius Philion (DT), Heyward, Facyson, and Perryman (LB). Perryman was actually traded to the Raiders for a draft pick after Carolina signed him in free agency and he played well.  All these players were on the Chargers team with Bradley as well. 

I think the Colts D will be decent this year. 

5 hours ago, Indeee said:

Maybe so. I don't care if we got a top corner. I was using Corner as an example of positions of need this team has.

CB

WR

TE

LT

Edge Rush

QB

K

Pick one, whatever one they deem important and go get it. Just make sure it's a proven player not beyond their prime with real talent already developed. 

I'm just over the project guys that take a couple years to develop, if at all. Again, all that does is kick the can down the road

Really?

You wanted the Colts to trade pick 34, the pick we used for Pittman or pick 44, the pick we used to trade up for some running back named Johnathan Taylor?    Which of those second round picks did you want the colts to trade for Michael Gallup, who I actually like. 

Nobody was excited for Xavier Rhodes as he was coming off of TWO straight down seasons.   He was over 30 and people said he was done.   

Except we got two pretty decent bounce back seasons out of him.   Same with Carrie.    He did well for us too.  

Several posters have it right.   We’re giving Gus Bradley the pieces he’s asking for.   We hired the new DC, and we’re trying to help him by giving him players he likes and wants.   

We may also be getting a deal done with Casey Hayward?   If so,  Facyson and Heyward would replace Rhodes and Carrie.   Maybe we’ll draft a corner in April…. 

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Really?

You wanted the Colts to trade pick 34, the pick we used for Pittman or pick 44, the pick we used to trade up for some running back named Johnathan Taylor?    Which of those second round picks did you want the colts to trade for Michael Gallup, who I actually like. 

At the time no one knew those picks would turn out to be used on those players, so yes. My general point is that I believe Gallup is a very good player that we could have had easily, as Gallup was rarely used at the time in Dallas. I feel they would've moved him. My point also goes towards myself wishing our GM would attempt such moves sometimes. Take advantage of situations such as that one more than is currently being done. Using the argument based on who we would've lost out on if those picks would have been used is really not valid as like I said, no one at the time knew those picks were going to be used on Taylor or Pittman or if those players were actually going to be available when those picks came around

23 minutes ago, Indeee said:

At the time no one knew those picks would turn out to be used on those players, so yes. My general point is that I believe Gallup is a very good player that we could have had easily, as Gallup was rarely used at the time in Dallas. I feel they would've moved him. My point also goes towards myself wishing our GM would attempt such moves sometimes. Take advantage of situations such as that one more than is currently being done. Using the argument based on who we would've lost out on if those picks would have been used is really not valid as like I said, no one at the time knew those picks were going to be used on Taylor or Pittman or if those players were actually going to be available when those picks came around

You have the benefit of hindsight. A GM doesn’t. Some moves work out in better ways than others. Worse case, we cut the guy in September, best case, he comes in and miraculously improves. It’s a low risk signing, albeit sure a head scratcher, but EVERY TEAM signs guys like this on the off chance you get lucky  

31 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Bizzaro world. Caring about how you would do it is a joke.

You are blathering like a chicken with his head cutoff.

Unfortunately you can go on for days, weeks, months, years.
 Sure we all have fun thoughts but it's in the end meaningless.
 You don't have a full board of all the players you think fit your system,

and what you are willing to pay for as many as you might possibly acquire.
   Gallup, who gives a _____ about that guy. 
 Ballard did a great job moving up at just the right spot to get Taylor.
  It was a GREAT PLAN.

But you are blinded by a darkness, to blind to see it.
  As we wait over the next months to see what Ballard and his significamt staff can do to fill our 90 man roster. It is THEIR JOB!

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Bizzaro world. Caring about how you would do it is a joke.

You are blathering like a chicken with his head cutoff.

Unfortunately you can go on for days, weeks, months, years.
 Sure we all have fun thoughts but it's in the end meaningless.
 You don't have a full board of all the players you think fit your system,

and what you are willing to pay for as many as you might possibly acquire.
   Gallup, who gives a _____ about that guy. 
 Ballard did a great job moving up at just the right spot to get Taylor.
  It was a GREAT PLAN.

But you are blinded by a darkness, to blind to see it.
  As we wait over the next months to see what Ballard and his significamt staff can do to fill our 90 man roster. It is THEIR JOB!

Take a walk

6 hours ago, Indeee said:

We the fans didn’t know, but Ballard had an idea.   And Ballard didn’t feel Gallup was worth it at the time.   I think this is hindsight talking where everything looks obvious.   And again, I like Gallup.   Maybe for a 3, but I wouldn’t have given up a top 50 pick for him. 

I wonder if Bradley wants those longer corners. Besides Facyson, he also had Travon Mullen in Vegas. With Ballard it was always about arm length more than height. But a lot of those bigger corners tend to do better in zone schemes because they’re more protected.

With Rock gone, keep your eyes on Tariq Woolen, Akayleb Evans, and the corner from Fayetteville in the draft. Those are all tall corners with long arms who would be better in zone and are perfect fits for Cover-3.

8 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

He’s probably now guaranteed a starting role here, and knew that when signing. Despite the hype, I don’t think we’re starting Rodgers. With Rock and Rhodes gone, Facyson will have the most familiarity with the scheme. If we sign someone like Rasul Douglas he could also slot in. I think we definitely go CB in the draft though.

Couple of days ago I thought he was maybe a camp body and just here for depth, now it looks like he could be a starter on the outside.

On 3/15/2022 at 2:35 PM, MPStack said:

General Ballard in full tank mode. 

I even have to laugh at that homer simpson episode 3 GIF= Ballard all week, he has done nothing in Free Agency so far that is eye opening. I do like the trade he made for the Raiders DE but that is a trade, he actually woke up for 10 minutes lmao . Time to go get a QB and spend some money. I am very patient but damn this is getting silly. We have 7 pro-bowlers, were 9-6 at one point and even had people at ESPN saying we were dangerous. Time to do something! 

49 minutes ago, stitches said:

That's much more expensive than I imagined it would be. 

Just stats i know.

Rhodes played in 13 games had 7 PD's. What did he make $4.5-$5M.
 Rock had a career best 8 PD's. O int's.
 This guy started 9 games and had watsup 13PD's. 1 int.
  He ain't chopped liver and for a 4 year vet he was actually dirt cheap. jmo

35 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Just stats i know.

Rhodes played in 13 games had 7 PD's. What did he make $4.5-$5M.
 Rock had a career best 8 PD's. O int's.
 This guy started 9 games and had watsup 13PD's. 1 int.
  He ain't chopped liver and for a 4 year vet he was actually dirt cheap. jmo

Stats are not the problem. The question is how much they tell us about the quality of play. Those specific stats are incredibly surface level and tell you almost nothing. For example, one way to get tons of PDs is when opponents target you all the time because they perceive you as a huge weakness. Facyson had PFF grade of 51.7(pretty bad) and the only reason it was even this high is his relatively high run defense grade. His coverage grade was even worse. If you don't like PFF, he allowed 105 passer rating to opposing QBs. If you don't like that he allowed 7.2 yards per attempt. Just for comparison, Rock's numbers - PFF grade 72.2, 61.8 passer rating allowed, 46.2% completion% allowed, 4.6 yards per attempt allowed...  They are really not that close when it comes to actual performance. 

Facyson IMO has the resume of a rotation/depth piece that you don't really want to rely on to start for your team, but if we don't add better options he might start for us, especially since Bradley obviously values him. 

The good thing is... that Garafolo's tweet was not very precise and Erickson's summary of the contract looks much more reasonable, with only 1.1M of the contract being guaranteed. 

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

He’s probably now guaranteed a starting role here, and knew that when signing. Despite the hype, I don’t think we’re starting Rodgers. With Rock and Rhodes gone, Facyson will have the most familiarity with the scheme. If we sign someone like Rasul Douglas he could also slot in. I think we definitely go CB in the draft though.

Couple of days ago I thought he was maybe a camp body and just here for depth, now it looks like he could be a starter on the outside.

I hope not. We need solid corners for once. 

44 minutes ago, stitches said:

Stats are not the problem. The question is how much they tell us about the quality of play. Those specific stats are incredibly surface level and tell you almost nothing. For example, one way to get tons of PDs is when opponents target you all the time because they perceive you as a huge weakness. Facyson had PFF grade of 51.7(pretty bad) and the only reason it was even this high is his relatively high run defense grade. His coverage grade was even worse. If you don't like PFF, he allowed 105 passer rating to opposing QBs. If you don't like that he allowed 7.2 yards per attempt. Just for comparison, Rock's numbers - PFF grade 72.2, 61.8 passer rating allowed, 46.2% completion% allowed, 4.6 yards per attempt allowed...  They are really not that close when it comes to actual performance. 

Facyson IMO has the resume of a rotation/depth piece that you don't really want to rely on to start for your team, but if we don't add better options he might start for us, especially since Bradley obviously values him. 

The good thing is... that Garafolo's tweet was not very precise and Erickson's summary of the contract looks much more reasonable, with only 1.1M of the contract being guaranteed. 

And Rock was not at all appreciated going into his 4th year of starting.
   Seeing Rocks stats from year one would be an interesting compare.

Fayson gets a shot and showed enough Bradley wanted him.
   So we can now look forward to seeing if Facyson can improve.

4 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

I hope not. We need solid corners for once. 

I agree. I am not overly enthusiastic about the idea of someone who is a relatively unknown player starting. I have to trust that he’ll do well in Bradley’s scheme since he’s familiar with it. There’s still time for a FA signing though. Maybe we can get the next Glowinski at CB.

Archived