Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brandon Facyson headed to colts

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Its not about that. Why are we signing 4th or 5th corners at the start of FA?

WE NEED TALENT STARTERS

For the love of God stop being so obtuse

What do you mean by being obtuse.  I just imagine someone being spread eagle if you know what I mean. 

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

What do you mean by being obtuse.  I just imagine someone being spread eagle if you know what I mean. 

slow to understand. Narrow minded

The Bit Ching is not towards the player, it's directed towards the fact that these type of players can be had way later in the process so why does this organizations leadership always seem to have to grab these guys early?

This isn't a signing based on talent, this is another signing, that if turns out better than expected, makes Ballard look more like the genius he believes himself to be. 

Why can't this guy just go sign a player who is actually good? Why must it always be some guy he hopes becomes good based on whatever

Again, it's the delayed gratification stuff all over again

Just now, csmopar said:

Colts fans: just sign somebody already

colts sign CB most have never heard of:

colts fans: NOOOOOOO NOT HIM

Come on? That take is completely unfair and you know it. Void of talent, this team continues to add projects. Who cares if he turns out productive like Autry. Why can't this guy go sign someone that actually is already proven?

3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

slow to understand. Narrow minded

The Bit Ching is not towards the player, it's directed towards the fact that these type of players can be had way later in the process so why does this organizations leadership always seem to have to grab these guys early?

This isn't a signing based on talent, this is another signing, that if turns out better than expected, makes Ballard look more like the genius he believes himself to be. 

Why can't this guy just go sign a player who is actually good? Why must it always be some guy he hopes becomes good based on whatever

Again, it's the delayed gratification stuff all over again

im trying to understand you it just isn't clicking. 

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

Come on? That take is completely unfair and you know it. Void of talent, this team continues to add projects. Who cares if he turns out productive like Autry. Why can't this guy go sign someone that actually is already proven?

They cost more money than our GM think they deserve :dunno:

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

im trying to understand you it just isn't clicking. 

To me, whether you agree or not, it seems every offseason Ballard makes moves in FA and the draft that just kicks the can down the road.

Do teams need depth? Yes. But what's more important right now. Depth or talent? Real talent, not just talented guys you hope become even more talented one day.

Ya-Sin has not really been a true number 1 corner since he was drafted, so why didn't we go get a guy like Jackson to pair with him?

This is an honest question. 

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

They cost more money than our GM think they deserve :dunno:

But that might be the real problem right there. You think JC Jackson's contract was too much as an example?

Just now, Indeee said:

To me, whether you agree or not, it seems every offseason Ballard makes moves in FA and the draft that just kicks the can down the road.

Do teams need depth? Yes. But what's more important right now. Depth or talent? Real talent, not just talented guys you hope become even more talented one day.

Ya-Sin has not really been a true number 1 corner since he was drafted, so why didn't we go get a guy like Jackson to pair with him?

from my perspective i still think there are a few QBs that need to fall into place to really set the FA market. thats number one

also, recently there are these middle road players that are getting OVERpaid.  Perhaps CB is just waiting for the dust to settle a bit for prices to become more competitive.  

patience is a virtue and you need to relax bub

Ya-Sin had an excellent year last year.  The corners did as a unit.  Especially considering the pass rush.  

Just now, Hawkeyecolt said:

Ya-Sin had an excellent year last year.  The corners did as a unit.  Especially considering the pass rush.  

agreed, when you look at the stats of our corners they are top in a lot of categoriers. this includes #34, if you go by the numbers Kenny Moore had the worst year. 

18 minutes ago, Indeee said:

WE NEED TALENT STARTERS

Lol colts being colts , I’m not saying go crazy and spend 100m contracts but at least go for the guys u think can start instead of this dude who probably wasn’t gonna be coveted and Franklin who not that good tbh 

But that might be the real problem right there. You think JC Jackson's contract was too much as an example?

You just don’t see a lot of zone corners making that kind of money.   Ballard is likely hoping to pay less than $10m per. 

21 minutes ago, Indeee said:

WE NEED TALENT STARTERS

I hope Ballard and the front office is capable of focusing on more than one position at a time and negotiating more than one contract as well. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

That is a very good point. The pass rush was dismal without the seldom used blitz, and the secondary was left exposed for long periods against a competent passing offense. I still think we need a true #1 shutdown cover corner.

41 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Colts signed CB Brandon Facyson, formerly of the Raiders, to a one-year contract.

Facyson got more run than he ever had before for Vegas' secondary last year and responded with a rough 42.5 PFF coverage grade. With Xavier Rhodes a free agent, the Colts needed some help at corner alongside Kenny Moore and Rock Ya-Sin. Facyson qualifies more as depth than a complete answer, but he does re-unite with former Raiders DC Gus Bradley in Indianapolis.

Seriously what is this?

Does this sound like a signing that is an upgrade at CB?

Honestly, this is embarrassing. We need starter talent not just a bunch of backups and depth players or project guys Ballard thinks will magically get better under familiar coaching.

This is an absolute Joke, and it is starting to resemble a complete slap in the face to this owner and team. I'm sorry but what's it going to take to get this entire forum to agree something is WRONG here

Time for you follow another team, methinks.

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

from my perspective i still think there are a few QBs that need to fall into place to really set the FA market. thats number one

also, recently there are these middle road players that are getting OVERpaid.  Perhaps CB is just waiting for the dust to settle a bit for prices to become more competitive.  

patience is a virtue and you need to relax bub

Brother, I don't even care what position of need, outside of the QB, the Colts deem most important. Let's say it's LT. Then go get the tackle. Pay the money. Get the tackle before someone else does. Same applies if TE is valued a bigger need.

Is that too much to ask? Then wait till the market dies down for all other needs, that's fine, but at least go get one talented player of need. He won't and by him not doing so it shows a real lack of awareness and that should scare us all. 

The most important need a team has should be the one focused on first, not just addressed somewhere in the middle of a bunch of depth signings. By focusing on the most important need above all else it shows the fan base you are aware their is an issue and you are addressing it. 

That's the issue and agree or not, it's a joke and it's all on us Colt fans

6 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Lol colts being colts , I’m not saying go crazy and spend 100m contracts but at least go for the guys u think can start instead of this dude who probably wasn’t gonna be coveted and Franklin who not that good tbh 

Who is to say they don’t think he can?  Most people didn’t see Autry being anything when he was signed either yet he turned out to be a really good player for the Colts.  The Colts have his former DC running their defense I don’t think the Colts make this move if he wasn’t high on his development.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Who is to say they don’t think he can?  Most people didn’t see Autry being anything when he was signed either yet he turned out to be a really good player for the Colts.  The Colts have his former DC running their defense I don’t think the Colts make this move if he wasn’t high on his development.

Do you think the rams were high on Jalen Ramseys development when they signed him? Or do you think Jalen Ramsey was already developed?

Serious question. Please answer. I will wait

Do you think the rams were high on Jalen Ramseys development when they signed him? Or do you think Jalen Ramsey was already developed?

Serious question. Please answer. I will wait

The Rams traded for Ramsey. This is a stupid comparison regardless

Just now, tvturner said:

The Rams traded for Ramsey. This is a stupid comparison regardless

Actually, it's not. It's not about the trade, it's about the player. 

What seems to be a miss with most here is that there is a common theme most times with Ballard and FA's outside of Buckner. 

It's either fill your team with hopeful project guys or with already developed guys a few years past their prime.

In each scenario Ballard hopes to milk the cow with as little effort needed. "Effort" being used in place of monetary means. 

If you can't see this pattern, I'm sorry, however this pattern to me is scary and not something I agree with at all

Just now, Indeee said:

Actually, it's not. It's not about the trade, it's about the player. 

What seems to be a miss with most here is that there is a common theme most times with Ballard and FA's outside of Buckner. 

It's either fill your team with hopeful project guys or with already developed guys a few years past their prime.

In each scenario Ballard hopes to milk the cow with as little effort needed. "Effort" being used in place of monetary means. 

If you can't see this pattern, I'm sorry, however this pattern to me is scary and not something I agree with at all

You're comparing the best corner in football for the last 5 years to a depth corner signing.

Just now, tvturner said:

You're comparing the best corner in football for the last 5 years to a depth corner signing.

No, I'm comparing the fact that we never try to just acquire real talent. This year we could have tried to sign JC Jackson if we believed that Jackson was the best corner, knowing that we need Corner help in a big way. 

To me, we need a true starter at corner, not just a guy who will eventually start based on being the best bum out of 6 other bums at camp.

3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Bradley had him with the Chargers AND the Raiders, he obviously likes him and he becomes our 5/6 corner replacing Carrie. We have got out 3/4 to replace Rhodes yet so until we do cant complain we havent upgraded there. Let the dust settle then can compare.

For all you know, he's the only one who knows exactly how Bradley likes his coffee... :sip:

That still doesn't take away from the fact he is a project guy

No, I'm comparing the fact that we never try to just acquire real talent. This year we could have tried to sign JC Jackson if we believed that Jackson was the best corner, knowing that we need Corner help in a big way. 

To me, we need a true starter at corner, not just a guy who will eventually start based on being the best bum out of 6 other bums at camp.

Facyson at best is going to be the CB4.

Corner is probably 5th or 6th on the list of needs for this team

39 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Oh it’s completely fair. This happens every single year here. And production is very important 

Archived