Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brandon Facyson headed to colts

On 3/15/2022 at 10:17 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Bad argument. This isn't a competition between Ballard and "wacko" Colts fans. This is a competition between Ballard and 31 other GMs to win a SB. Right now, those other 31 GMs have made Ballard look pretty poor since 2017 since he's been here. The fans have 0 power. They just voice their opinion. Maybe Ballard needs to do a better job and stop being so stubborn.

That is your opinion.   I like the Ballard and his approach...

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, CR91 said:

How did a depth signing get 4 pages haha

Me thoughts as well lol. I think it devolved into a bad Ballard for being cheap discussion after awhile. But hey after the Rock trade he’s probably not a depth signing anymore and looks to be a projected starter.

On another note though, if he’s the blueprint for our corners going forward, here’s a couple guys in the draft we could target that are similar:

-Joshua Williams, Fayetteville State

-Martin Emerson, Mississippi State

-Akayleb Evans, CB Missouri 

Not only are the Mockdraftable webs very similar, but from watching some tape, they can do what he did and what Bradley will ask his corners to do. There was a video from the Raiders that had a breakdown of Facyson and how well he played in Bradley’s scheme that I watched that really gave you an idea of what corners in Bradley’s scheme will have to do. Can’t repost it though because it’s from the official Raiders YouTube channel. It’s worth a watch though.

I went back and watched the Colt-Raider game again to see how Facyson and Yannik did and Facyson played real well. Probably as good as anyone we already have. But I will repeat myself again, It doesn't matter who your db's are if you can't get to the qb. Yannik, Kwitty, Dayo, Turay, Lewis, and maybe one other(I'm sure it won't be Banogu) have got to get to the qb.

On 3/21/2022 at 7:19 AM, throwing BBZ said:

Thanks Patrick. Eric Allen was a great player. 
Cover three allows CB's to be more aggressive in their zones and Allen gave us good examples of Facyson playing the short to mid game well.
 Gus thinks he can start it would seem. 

Yeah that was the video that I tried to post lol. But Facyson can be penciled in as a for sure starter now that Douglas has been signed. Right now he’s the best player for Bradley’s scheme. It’s also very likely we get a rookie starter next to him which I’m not thrilled about. But there are some guys who can do what Facyson did.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah that was the video that I tried to post lol. But Facyson can be penciled in as a for sure starter now that Douglas has been signed. Right now he’s the best player for Bradley’s scheme. It’s also very likely we get a rookie starter next to him which I’m not thrilled about. But there are some guys who can do what Facyson did.

Don't count out Isaiah Rodgers, he had some really strong games last year. Marvell Tell is still with us as well. He's still growing after sitting out a season. 

I think we'll expand on the depth but I wouldn't be surprised if they are feeling ok with the group they have. 

@Jared Cisneros This post of yours leaves me thinking you are potentially thinking emotionally instead of rationally like you normally do, perhaps somebody ruffled your feathers a bit: "Bad argument. This isn't a competition between Ballard and "wacko" Colts fans. This is a competition between Ballard and 31 other GMs to win a SB. Right now, those other 31 GMs have made Ballard look pretty poor since 2017 since he's been here. The fans have 0 power. They just voice their opinion. Maybe Ballard needs to do a better job and stop being so stubborn."

I say that because just last year there are many articles all over the internet from April thru August (2021) rating him as the best talent evaluator, 6th best GM in his free agent signings, and rated in the top 3 in most trustworthy GM's. So I'm not sure there are 31 other GM's out there making him look poor......there are A LOT of fans on this message board looking awful foolish for their constant whining and quite frankly, their ignorance. 

6 hours ago, cjrulli said:

Don't count out Isaiah Rodgers, he had some really strong games last year. Marvell Tell is still with us as well. He's still growing after sitting out a season. 

I think we'll expand on the depth but I wouldn't be surprised if they are feeling ok with the group they have. 

Well it’s about who fits the new scheme. So far, Facyson is the only guy who has experience in Bradley’s scheme so that gives him a starting role by default. Rodgers will have to prove himself since he’s basically starting from scratch. I also don’t know if he’s what Bradley wants in an outside corner. I’m most of the spots he’s been, he’s had tall corners. (Richard Sherman, Brandon Browner, Trayvon Mullen,etc…) Chargers are the only exception.

Tell hasn’t played football in awhile and as someone who couldn’t beat out some of the guys at corner who made the roster (or guys we called up from the PS like Bopete Keyes), I don’t exactly have high hopes for him.

Archived