Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay on the season and changes

Restinpeacesweetchloe

12 minutes ago, #12. said:

Other than weighing the draft picks you gave up for him, Wentz hasn't really done anything this year or in his career to be secure in his job.  It's especially concerning how he looked down the stretch and in the final two.  

Is there another option?  There might be.  It doesn't have to be Rodgers or Wilson.  In replacing Wentz, the bar isn't that high.

Who do you suggest Joe Flacco

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

So, you think Flus was solely responsible for the loss to the Jags and replacing him is the answer? 

Where did I say anything about the Jags game at all or holding anyone solely responsible for anything in my post?

I disliked Flus system long before the Jags game.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Where did I say anything about holding the Jags game at all or holding anyone solely responsible for anything in my post?

I disliked Flus system long before the Jags game.

So, he’s your fall guy? I think Flus did well considering the lack of talent and injuries all season. Wasn’t he recently mentioned as a potential HC candidate? 

Just now, MPStack said:

So, he’s your fall guy? I think Flus did well considering the lack of talent and injuries all season. Wasn’t he recently mentioned as a potential HC candidate? 

What the heck are you even talking about?  I said nothing about a fall guy.  In fact in my post I said I think changes, as in more than one, are coming for the coaching staff.  I just listed one I’d like to see.  

I don’t think it will just be the coaches either.  I do expect player changes as well and maybe some front office changes like scouts.

Frank said he coached Wentz harder than in the past yet he still ignored check downs and in weeks 17 and 18 was still doing back handed and left handed shovel passes.  Pretty much confirms he’s a player who isn’t coachable. He processes what he sees on the field slowly so will resort to the same mistakes over and over. He’s slow pre and post snap. 

1 minute ago, Wyldhorsefan said:

Ok sorry, serious question, who is this Jason guy?

He does a podcast called for the colture with another colts fan. His info is usually very accurate on a lot of hires and other things. His info on things like who the colts are interested in and things like that tends to not end up panning out. Then prople get mad when it doesn’t happen they blame him for saying colts were interested.

16 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I would tend to agree, not only for the price paid to acquire him, but also the fact that in this 4 seasons coaching this team, Frank Reich has fielded a different starting quarterback in each one - it would be kinda refreshing for Reich to have the same starter 2 seasons in a row, especially a guy he's very familiar with and has coached to incredible success in the past.

Yea that’s a good point that I didn’t even think about. Let’s see what he can do in year 2. 

2 minutes ago, Wyldhorsefan said:

Ok sorry, serious question, who is this Jason guy?

He is just a fan who has a podcast, and knows someone who works in the building. He doesn't often offer inside info but if you follow him for any extended period of time he is always spot on or very close to it. He doesn't say things just for likes, followers or views either him and his buddy have been doing the same podcast for over 10 years with like 5k subs.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

What the heck are you even talking about?  I said nothing about a fall guy.  In fact in my post I said I think changes, as in more than one, are coming for the coaching staff.  I just listed one I’d like to see.  

I don’t think it will just be the coaches either.  I do expect player changes as well and maybe some front office changes like scouts.

Firing Flus shouldn’t even be a discussion. 33 takeaways on the season and 16th overall defense. All that with a MASH unit lineup. 

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

He does a podcast called for the colture with another colts fan. His info is usually very accurate on a lot of hires and other things. His info on things like who the colts are interested in and things like that tends to not end up panning out. Then prople get mad when it doesn’t happen they blame him for saying colts were interested.

Just cause something doesn't pan out doesn't mean he wasn't right in saying they were interested.

Just now, MPStack said:

Firing Flus shouldn’t even be a discussion. 33 takeaways on the season and 16th overall defense. All that with a MASH unit lineup. 

No pass rush and consistently giving up third and long makes me feel otherwise.  I don’t like his system of giving a QB a free five yard completion anytime they want it.  I think it’s very flawed and yes I think the Colts could do better.  That’s nothing about making him a fall guy or holding him personally responsible for yesterday.  If you disagree and want to keep him that’s fine that’s a fair opinion just don’t say I am trying to do things I am not.

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

Just cause something doesn't pan out doesn't mean he wasn't right in saying they were interested.

Yep. That was the point I was making. Some people start trashing him when something doesn’t pan out. It’s unwarranted because all he does is say interested. Usually the stuff put out here in the off season before FA I take with a grain of salt because most of the interested stuff doesn’t usually happen.

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I don’t want either one. If Wentz isn’t it I want to draft. I am tired. Rodgers could play one  year and be done. Then where are you at. No where.

Colts have around 60 million and have 30 roster spots to fill.

I think we keep Wentz, but we can draft someone. It would be costly if we move up, but I think the boss man wants to win NOW!!!  He’s not getting any younger. Wentz possibly could have a good season next year. If he doesn’t break 4 ankles.

Jim was * and he let them know it.  He might not have said it directly but I think they know they’re jobs are now on the line.  They have one year to make it right.  I’m expecting some significant coaching changes to start.  Wentz will be the QB next year.  Reich stays so he is going to be given the chance to finish what he thought he could do in returning Wentz to form.  Ballard now knows he has to get more weapons for Wentz.  I wouldn’t at all be surprised if he signs Robinson and Ertz and a veteran ER.  I’m using those players as examples.  The thing we can now be sure of is Ballard is going to spend and bring in some proven talent.  Jim knows this team with Wentz should have been in the playoffs.  He won’t settle for another miss next year.  I think they both know that now.  It’s going to be a very interesting off season.

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

He said no watson. 

So we cut guys and leave leave Wilson or Rodgers with no team. Lol. We have 60 million. 15 dead cap with Wentz would mean just getting a guy like that takes what we have left. We wouldn’t even be able to field a team of 53 players. I would be so done goinf after a guy with one or two years left. Rodgers doesn’t even fit this team. No way Russ and his singer wife would come to indy lol.

Rodgers fits every team.  Best QB I’ve ever seen.

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Jim was * and he let them know it.  He might not have said it directly but I think they know they’re jobs are now on the line.  They have one year to make it right.  I’m expecting some significant coaching changes to start.  Wentz will be the QB next year.  Reich stays so he is going to be given the chance to finish what he thought he could do in returning Wentz to form.  Ballard now knows he has to get more weapons for Wentz.  I wouldn’t at all be surprised if he signs Robinson and Ertz and a veteran ER.  I’m using those players as examples.  The thing we can now be sure of is Ballard is going to spend and bring in some proven talent.  Jim knows this team with Wentz should have been in the playoffs.  He won’t settle for another miss next year.  I think they both know that now.  It’s going to be a very interesting off season.

I don’t think Flus should be fired. This is the defensive scheme that Ballard has wanted. 

IMO Flus has kept our defense respectable with the whole loafing system/having guys swarm the run game. 

There’s two places where talent has been lacking, and that’s WR and DE. As much as I’m not a fan of our lack of blitzing, and as much as I don’t like how reliant we are on turnovers, we shouldn’t have been relying on the talent we’ve had at edge. And we’ve been depleted at safety and even CB at times two years in a row, which is rough. 

I don’t know, personally I think coaching on the offensive side of the ball is the most suspect. 

Just now, MPStack said:

All three will be back, but all three should be on the hot season, if the Colts don’t improve in the 2022 season. I think the Colts will be better though. 

I think Reich and Wentz should be on the hot seat in 2022. Ballard, no IMO, I still give him 2 more years for that if we miss the playoffs again in 2022. Ballard is top 10 at his position, hard to fine GM's like him. Reich and Wentz are in that top 15 area, JMO. 

Ballard and Flus have a hand in the defensive issues. Other than DeForest there is no pass rusher. Hopefully Paye and Dayo will develop to one but the problem is that Ballard batting average is very poor in his drafting.  Ballard would say it is the coaching but I think it is the draft selection. This year he missed in getting Ingram from the Chargers. He needs to dip into the FA market for DE, CB and WR. On the QB front he needs a veteran. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ballard is top 10 at his position, hard to fine GM's like him. Reich and Wentz are in that top 15 area, JMO. 

The reality is after 5 seasons, Ballard has a 41-40 record. That’s .500 ball and 2 playoff appearances (1-2). 

I like Ballard, but this top 10 GM stuff, needs to start transitioning into playoffs and victories.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Reich and Wentz should be on the hot seat in 2022. Ballard, no IMO, I still give him 2 more years for that if we miss the playoffs again in 2022. Ballard is top 10 at his position, hard to fine GM's like him. Reich and Wentz are in that top 15 area, JMO. 

Ballard is not top 10.  Over rated. If he was top w0 he wouldn't need to be scolded  by the owner. 

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The shine  has quickly come off   Balard and it happened in one game where all of his crappy drafting became so visible. 

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

He was considered a hot candidate last offseason, being interviewed but not hired by any of the 7 teams seeking new coaches.  This season the only club to express interest in Eberflus is Jacksonville, who requested to interview him but it widely believed that they will go with an offensive minded coach to continue to develop Trevor Lawrence.

After his defense was shredded by Lawrence yesterday (1 sack & no picks in 36 pass attempts, 2 passing TDs) I wouldn't be surprised if the Jags withdrew their request to interview Matt.

3 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

He was considered a hot candidate last offseason, being interviewed but not hired by any of the 7 teams seeking new coaches.  This season the only club to express interest in Eberflus is Jacksonville, who requested to interview him but it widely believed that they will go with an offensive minded coach to continue to develop Trevor Lawrence.

After his defense was shredded by Lawrence yesterday (1 sack & no picks in 36 pass attempts, 2 passing TDs) I wouldn't be surprised if the Jags withdrew their request to interview Matt.

Flus has had too many games where he has made bad QB's or average QB's look like Joe Montana. As in Mustache Man 19-20 last year and what Lawrence did yesterday was flat out embarrassing on a team that stinks. Lamar is very good but they way he just kept completing passes for 10 yards was ridiculous and we blow a 19 point lead. I wouldn't be sad to see him go at all. What saved our D the last 2 years was creating Turnovers. You can think Leonard for that. 

Archived