Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay on the season and changes

Restinpeacesweetchloe

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Indyfan4life said:

This is the first time Irsay has told Ballard and Reich changes need to and will be made. Don’t vomit until nothing happens. 

That we know of. I think it’s also a shot across both Ballard’s and Reich’s bow, figure it out or find another job. 

I think you’re gonna see a new DC, new OC and possibly a new QB. 

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Where  does Jason think the 40million for these guys is going to come from lmao. So irresponsible to put this out there.

Teams have plenty of ways to make it work. Heck, the Saints magically came up with what, 60-90 million to get under the cap last spring?

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Where  does Jason think the 40million for these guys is going to come from lmao. So irresponsible to put this out there.

Again, restructuring contracts, cutting people, trading picks. Teams do it literally every year when they have less money and less picks. 

32 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Some good stuff in this story from Jim Irsay.

Definitely an oddity. I know in the past, it’s been reported the Colts take a day or two after the season ends, good or bad, before meeting up. I’d loved to been a fly on the wall in that meeting last night. 

Just now, B~Town said:

With Coaches reply when asked about Wentz  it sounds like there is good chance he will not be the Colts starting QB next year . 

Link?

4 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Again, restructuring contracts, cutting people, trading picks. Teams do it literally every year when they have less money and less picks. 

He said no watson. 

So we cut guys and leave leave Wilson or Rodgers with no team. Lol. We have 60 million. 15 dead cap with Wentz would mean just getting a guy like that takes what we have left. We wouldn’t even be able to field a team of 53 players. I would be so done goinf after a guy with one or two years left. Rodgers doesn’t even fit this team. No way Russ and his singer wife would come to indy lol.

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

we have the cap room to make it work we cut wentz i think we can save like ten million extend buckner and push his salary down the line there are moves to be made to turn the colts 60 million in cap space next year to 70 plus million

He said no watson. 

So we cut guys and leave leave Wilson or Rodgers with no team. Lol. We have 60 million. 15 dead cap with Wentz would mean just getting a guy like that takes what we have left. We wouldn’t even be able to field a team of 53 players. I would be so done goinf after a guy with one or two years left. Rodgers doesn’t even fit this team. No way Russ and his singer wife would come to indy lol.

You’re thinking about this way too much and too hard. 

Just now, Wentzszn said:

He said no watson. 

its worth a try the bucs did it and we can do it have faith .  macafee  can pull strings with rodgers  and get him to come here . 

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I’ve been following Jason alittle bit lately. I think he absolutely has some sort of a source in the clubhouse but I think he’s playing to our curiousity as fans a bit. He’s saying there’s a possible chance we go after a big name QB. Who in the organization would tell him that. No way his source is one of the Big 3

2 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

I’ve been following Jason alittle bit lately. I think he absolutely has some sort of a source in the clubhouse but I think he’s playing to our curiousity as fans a bit. He’s saying there’s a possible chance we go after a big name QB. Who in the organization would tell him that. No way his source is one of the Big 3

I think he has sources but I think he is making up that part. He says the Irsay meeting was all about Wentz and he will do anything to win. That doesn’t mean we have draft capital or money to go after one. This is where Jason gets in trouble with fans. 

Just now, Wentzszn said:

I think he has sources but I think he is making up that part. He says the Irsay meeting was all about Wentz and he will do anything to win. That doesn’t mean we have draft capital or money to go after one. This is where Jason gets in trouble with fans. 

dont all teams get like 200 mill this off season tho

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

its worth a try the bucs did it and we can do it have faith .  macafee  can pull strings with rodgers  and get him to come here . 

I don’t want either one. If Wentz isn’t it I want to draft. I am tired. Rodgers could play one  year and be done. Then where are you at. No where.

Just now, Shadow_Creek said:

dont all teams get like 200 mill this off season tho

Colts have around 60 million and have 30 roster spots to fill.

Im assuming the changes he is talking is coordinators and/or quarterback. I dont think Jim like many of us is happy with the QB situation. Just because of the high cap hit and the lack of funds doesn't automatically mean we can't afford one of these big name quarterbacks. All you have to do is looks around the league at teams like the Saints, Rams, Bucs and Chiefs just to name a few that consistently work the cap in their favor. Ballard needs to evolve as a GM and start doing some of the same things.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

I don’t want either one. If Wentz isn’t it I want to draft. I am tired. Rodgers could play one  year and be done. Then where are you at. No where.

team is to good to tank and get a elite any way i rather have 3 good seasons of rodgers than  9-8 every year missing the playoffs and no draft .  i would go all in for 3 years than trade away all the good players tank and rebuild .  

Just now, Nesjan3 said:

Im assuming the changes he is talking is coordinators and/or quarterback. I dont think Jim like many of us are happy with the QB situation. Just because of the high cap hit and the lack of funds doesn't automatically mean we can't afford one of these big name quarterbacks. All you have to do is looks around the league at teams like the Saints, Rams, Bucs and Chiefs just to name a few that consistently work the cap in their favor. Ballard needs to evolve as a GM and start doing some of the same things.

not to mention earlier how he didn't like that wentz didn't get vaxed think it was a tweet 

9 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I doubt he knows what their conversation was about, but I bet a few big topics were Wentz, free agency, and defensive scheme.

Not necessarily meaning they talked about moving Wentz, but definitely about his struggles. 

a big way to help the team is fire marcus brady bring in a coach who can help design a offense that suits him better .   the offense looks different than the 2017 eagles one frank ran .   brady's style is long developing passing plays and its not suited for wentz as he struggles with check downs so if the play is not there he just holds the ball or forces it .  he needs a offense to get him in rhythm that forces him to get rid of the ball quicker .  

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I doubt he knows what their conversation was about, but I bet a few big topics were Wentz, free agency, and defensive scheme.

Not necessarily meaning they talked about moving Wentz, but definitely about his struggles. 

No doubt. Unless Ballard, Reich or Irsay are his source he can’t know that. I think he was just throwing out names.

I would laugh so hard if they got Rodgers and we didn’t win a SB and he retired. What a waste that would be. We would have to gut the team just to be able to afford him.  

13 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Colts have around 60 million and have 30 roster spots to fill.

most of the roster spots are from average guys who will make minimum like turray lewis AQM   mo  pascal

10 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

team is to good to tank and get a elite any way i rather have 3 good seasons of rodgers than  9-8 every year missing the playoffs and no draft .  i would go all in for 3 years than trade away all the good players tank and rebuild .  

Who says he will play 3 years. He is already talking retirement. Where the draft picks going to come from to get one of them? 

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

most of the roster spots are from average guys who will make minimum like turray lewis AQM   mo  pascal

Umm yiu still need 53 players. 15 dead cap and 40 mil for Rodgers is 65 million. We don’t have it and we don’t have draft picks. Imagine trading 2 ones for Rodgers and he plays one year lol.

Who says he will play 3 years. He is already talking retirement. Where the draft picks going to come from to get one of them? 

id give a 2023 first for rodgers in a heart beat .  it would be like the manning era again for a couple years . plus rodgers has said many times he wants to play into his 40s  he just doesnt like green bay i have a feeling that talk is to force a trade .

Umm yiu still need 53 players. 15 dead cap and 40 mil for Rodgers is 65 million. We don’t have it and we don’t have draft picks. Imagine trading 2 ones for Rodgers and he plays one year lol.

You can just go ahead and say you don’t like Rodgers. Rams couldn’t afford Stafford and they worked it out. Rams couldn’t afford OBJ and they worked it out. Rams couldn’t afford Miller and they worked it out. 

Tom Brady has always taken restructured deals and his teammates did too so they could sign people. I really don’t understand why you’re not getting this. 

i would rather watch rogers with 9 men on the field than watch the offense again with wentz throwing 40 times for 140 yards its like watching paint dry .  i dont know i just want a real QB  !!!   i wanted wentz to work i was his biggest cheer leader in the offseason but the man has broken my spirit he stinks.   i dont know if frank can fix him he went from mvp to  looking like a rookie again .

7 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

You can just go ahead and say you don’t like Rodgers. Rams couldn’t afford Stafford and they worked it out. Rams couldn’t afford OBJ and they worked it out. Rams couldn’t afford Miller and they worked it out. 

Tom Brady has always taken restructured deals and his teammates did too so they could sign people. I really don’t understand why you’re not getting this. 

Not just the Rams lots of teams seem to work it out when the money doesn't seem feasible. The Colts could and I dont see why they wouldn't go all in we have a roster thats close, but every superbowl team in this era of football needs a good quarterback.

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

Not just the Rams lots of teams seem to work it out when the money doesn't seem feasible. The Colts could and I dont see why they wouldn't go all in we have a roster thats close, but every superbowl team in this era of football needs a good quarterback.

Watch Rams next few years. They are just putting money to the future and it ends up catching up. Colts don’t operate that way.

I’m sure QB and free agency were big topics.  Ballard needs to be more open to signing free-agents.  I’m sure he’s seething a bit too since he didn’t want Wentz in the first place nor did he want TY back.  I think it will be the last time he gets talked into players he doesn’t want by Frank.   Irsay, was responsible for going over Ballard’s head for TY. 

Archived