Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most Improved Player So Far

GoHorse1992

There are a ton of doom and gloom posts….and to an extent, rightfully so. However, I want to bring attention to one player who has been dogged on here before but has actually shown decent improvement so far this year. Rock Ya Sin. He hasn’t been a world beater but I haven’t noticed him getting nearly as burnt as he was last year. Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Henry steamrolled Leonard while Leonard was trying to bunch the ball and Leonard was off balance at that point, I fixed it for you. The replay shows what happened better.

Leonard needs to learn to tackle first. The tv guys said Leonard told them he doesn’t care if he gets steam rolled he is going to go after the ball.

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

So many people don't know momentum. Henry was coming full steam while Leonard was fighting off a block predictable outcome lol.

Thanks, I was on here yesterday trying to explain this to people I seen the play live, at first it looked like Henry did run him over but the replay showed that Leonard was off balance going for the ball coming off a block. Some people just don't like Leonard, why I have no idea. I can nitpick everything too like Warner last night for the 49ers being burned like 3 times in pass coverage by Rodgers.

16 hours ago, MPStack said:

AQM. 

Underrated overachiever! Every team needs a AQM. 

Yup, totally playing above what we thought was his ceiling. 

We still need an upgrade, but he's doing much much better than I expected. 

16 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

Yeah, easily Rock. Right up till after training camp, the narrative was about how we had two CBs and needed a 3rd guy. Yeah, that 3rd guy has been the best of the lot......by some margin.

Pretty sure he's our highest rated DB right now. PFF has him in the 70s. 

Some credited him with a TD vs the Rams (I disagree as he was holding his zone, and it was either on the LB or S), but he's easily playing better than our other DBs right now, and a lot like 2nd half 2019. 

I just hope it continues. 

16 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Bobby O. Looked much better game 2 to game 3. We need that to continue

He's leading the team in missed Ts, twice as many as the next guy. 

Just not that good vs the run. 

12 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Blackmon has had some good tackling.

2nd most missed Ts on the team, and highest missed T % of our DBs that have started 3 games.

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Henry steamrolled Leonard while Leonard was trying to bunch the ball and Leonard was off balance at that point, I fixed it for you. The replay shows what happened better.

He was shedding a block, and prioritized punching over tackling. 

He still got trucked. He was lucky there were other guys around to do the tackling. 

Not sure prioritizing the punch is a great strategy with Henry. 

3 hours ago, stitches said:

Blankenship has been money! Good for him! 

Rock has been better than I expected too. Still not amazing, but playable... and possibly our best corner so far, which is a scary statement. 

He has been our best corner by a wide margin 

23 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I didn’t realize it but Pittman is on track for 1200 yards. 

He was talking like a guy ready to be WR1 all offseason so good on him for backing it up. Unfortunately, we need even more.

Also, Wentz needs to start finding Campbell too not just Pittman....it's not like Parris hasn't gotten open severally.

52 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

He was talking like a guy ready to be WR1 all offseason so good on him for backing it up. Unfortunately, we need even more.

Also, Wentz needs to start finding Campbell too not just Pittman....it's not like Parris hasn't gotten open severally.

I agree with others he is more of a poscession  receiver. It would be nice if Reich would use Campbell speed more. Campbell needs to be used like Samual in SF.

If anyone noticed the Green Bay game the other night their go too guys are Jones and adams. Pittman needs to be that guy we can go too in critical spots. Just not sure he is that type of WR. We will see bur he is off to a good start. I don’t mind having a couple guys you can depend on when they need points.

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I agree with others he is more of a poscession  receiver. It would be nice if Reich would use Campbell speed more. Campbell needs to be used like Samual in SF.

If anyone noticed the Green Bay game the other night their go too guys are Jones and adams. Pittman needs to be that guy we can go too in critical spots. Just not sure he is that type of WR. We will see bur he is off to a good start. I don’t mind having a couple guys you can depend on when they need points.

Hard to tell if he’d get that kind of opportunity we don’t exactly have a line worth going through progressions with when we have this lovely style of playcalling haha 

Archived