Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign DE Isaac Rochell

JediXMan

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah 2018 looked like a breakout year for him. 2019 looks like he got lost in the shuffle, only played like 200 snaps. 2020, ending up playing more, but still not even 500 snaps. Production isnt bad considering. 

Big edge, Sheard like build. Looks like an AQM replacement. Kinda sucks, I liked AQM so I hope I'm wrong.

21 minutes ago, NorthernColt said:

Yeah 2018 looked like a breakout year for him. 2019 looks like he got lost in the shuffle, only played like 200 snaps. 2020, ending up playing more, but still not even 500 snaps. Production isnt bad considering. 

Big edge, Sheard like build. Looks like an AQM replacement. Kinda sucks, I liked AQM so I hope I'm wrong.

He weighs about 30 lbs more than AQM. So much more like Autry.
Don't you think Turay/ Banogu, maybe even Lewis can replace AQM's snaps?

Rochell fits the character criteria (Walter Payton Man of the year nominee), is a good special teams player and showed flashes over the years as a rusher. Might be best served as a 3rd down rusher moving to the 3T when Buckner plays 1T. Worst case we have a really good special teams player who gives us depth on the D-line. Best case he can replace Autry on D for half the price.

24 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

He weighs about 30 lbs more than AQM. So much more like Autry.
Don't you think Turay/ Banogu, maybe even Lewis can replace AQM's snaps?

They can forsure. Not saying AQM was a world beater or anything, I just liked having him in the rotation. Quality depth. I don't think you'll see him move inside on passing downs. Id say he's more of a 43 DE, early down guy. 

4 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

9 sacks, 74 tackles in 4 seasons and wasn't even tendered by Chargers...Ballard making power moves....lol

Chargers changed defensive schemes this offseason. He obviously isn‘t JJ Watt, but I‘ll give Ballard the benefit of doubt despite his track record at DE.

19 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm sure you thought the same about Autry a few years ago

I just don't think Ballard walks on water like some on here...He hit on Nelson and Leonard, but he has missed plenty of times...If you pick a Guard with 6th pick he better be an All-Pro..

31 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

upgrading the pass rush

As of now we are down 2 starters and 20 sacks and replaced with this guy....Odds are Turay will be out for season again along with Campbell...I hope he isn't planning on them staying healthy...If so we are in trouble...

25 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I just don't think Ballard walks on water like some on here...He hit on Nelson and Leonard, but he has missed plenty of times...If you pick a Guard with 6th pick he better be an All-Pro..

Ballard's draft track record has nothing to do with his FA signings. Cool deflection though.

Autry was a UDFA, backup DE that was seen by most as an overpaid depth player. He far exceeded his contract and any of our expectations. Nobody here thinks Ballard is infallible, but a lot understand he has a FA philosophy that is mostly signing ascending talents that have played well in limited snaps that he thinks can do equally as well when given more prominent roles. 

22 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

As of now we are down 2 starters and 20 sacks and replaced with this guy....Odds are Turay will be out for season again along with Campbell...I hope he isn't planning on them staying healthy...If so we are in trouble...

We're nowhere near done with Free Agency and since Ballard has gotten here, we almost never sign FA's until over a week into it.

I feel like this has become a yearly ritual for you. Quiet all season long, pop up at free agency to trash any acquisitions, quiet again, come back to trash the draft picks, then back in hibernation for the rest of the year, with a sprinkle of negativity here and there.

22 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Stop being such a Debbie Downer its very annoying 

1 hour ago, NorthernColt said:

They can forsure. Not saying AQM was a world beater or anything, I just liked having him in the rotation. Quality depth. I don't think you'll see him move inside on passing downs. Id say he's more of a 43 DE, early down guy. 

I think he was listed as a tackle for the Chargers. I expect he fills Autry's role of playing both.

Archived